DM72

Xbox One Vs Ps4

Recommended Posts

Anyone play MGS Phantom Pain on the PS4? It's free so I started it and it looks magnificent. But the cutscenes dialogue for me was borked. No sound from the characters during the cutscenes. Sigh.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone play MGS Phantom Pain on the PS4? It's free so I started it and it looks magnificent. But the cutscenes dialogue for me was borked. No sound from the characters during the cutscenes. Sigh.

 

 

 

I played it, and I did not like it. Felt like a betrayal and a whoring. Playing it standalone may be fun for people though i have no clue how they'd understand anything, after like 8-9 games (over a 25 year period) of storytelling.

 

 

Sucks, cuz I thought Ground Zeroes (Phantom Pains prequel) was incredible, and was setting up for something worthy of remembrance.

 

Also, if you haven't tried it, I'd suggest hitting up Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence, which is Raidens story after the events of Guns of the Patriots. Really cool/interactive/stylish, and really tough. Pretty much Metal Gear with a Anime Samurai Epic feel to it

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

I played it, and I did not like it. Felt like a betrayal and a whoring. Playing it standalone may be fun for people though i have no clue how they'd understand anything, after like 8-9 games (over a 25 year period) of storytelling.

 

 

Sucks, cuz I thought Ground Zeroes (Phantom Pains prequel) was incredible, and was setting up for something worthy of remembrance.

 

Couldnt get past Snakes voice. I really tried. But his voice was iconic smh. 

 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Also, if you haven't tried it, I'd suggest hitting up Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence, which is Raidens story after the events of Guns of the Patriots. Really cool/interactive/stylish, and really tough. Pretty much Metal Gear with a Anime Samurai Epic feel to it

 

Absolutely loved this game. Metal Gear meets DmC in such perfect fusion one could argue it should have always been this way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a 20%off code that came with the PS4 and I got $10 for some reason in my Inbox from Sony. So I pulled the trigger on Hellblade. Going to start it this week. :)

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 9:41 AM, ixcuincle said:

Elaborate.

 

Play Pro Clubs.

 

The game is a ****ing joke. Year after year.

 

Should expect that from EA though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CRobi21 said:

 

Play Pro Clubs.

 

The game is a ****ing joke. Year after year.

 

Should expect that from EA though.

 

Then play career / manager / Journey / FUT 

 

FIFA is so deep you can do anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

 

Then play career / manager / Journey / FUT 

 

FIFA is so deep you can do anything

 

Can do anything but play the game mode you want to play?

 

Is the AI broke in those game modes? Is the passing broke in those game modes? Is the complete game breaking (LT/L2) feature broke in those game modes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone play MGS Phantom Pain on the PS4? It's free so I started it and it looks magnificent. But the cutscenes dialogue for me was borked. No sound from the characters during the cutscenes. Sigh.

 

 

The First Act is great, but the Second Act is basically just recycled content and they clearly cut some stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The First Act is great, but the Second Act is basically just recycled content and they clearly cut some stuff.

 

That too, it def felt rushed, screwed up jigsaw puzzle. Not that i trusted them even back then, but game ratings officially broke when people gave that sadness a 10/10

 

 

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

Couldnt get past Snakes voice. I really tried. But his voice was iconic smh. 

 

Oddly enough that was one of the few things i didn't have a problem with. I always felt that there needed to be separation between Solid Snake and Big Boss (they're already clones to begin with). It was made worse in Guns of the Patriots when Snake starts using CQC, and David Hayter continued to voice both characters. 

 

Both characters were compelling on their own right, and Imo it was doing a great disservice to basically make them the same in everything but name, so when i found out Kiefer Sutherland was now voicing Big Boss when the Ground Zeroes trailer dropped, I was relieved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone play MGS Phantom Pain on the PS4? It's free so I started it and it looks magnificent. But the cutscenes dialogue for me was borked. No sound from the characters during the cutscenes. Sigh.

 

 

 

Its a good game with some fun characters (eg. the hot female sniper Rain). However, it has about 40 missions, about 10-15 of which are EXACT duplicates of each other. Kind of annoying. Would have been better if they had fewer missions that were all original. 

 

Worth a one time playthrough, if you can get it cheap. 

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's actually free. Been out for awhile now on PS+

 

Unless that's another alias, iirc the sniper's name is Quiet, which is still kinda unoriginal as well. The tortured soul femme fatale sniper was already done in MGS1 with Sniper Wolf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's actually free. Been out for awhile now on PS+

 

Unless that's another alias, iirc the sniper's name is Quiet, which is still kinda unoriginal as well. The tortured soul femme fatale sniper was already done in MGS1 with Sniper Wolf

 

LOL thanks for the correction. There's a famous cutscene of her dancing in the  rain -- probably what led to my confusion. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mournblade

Lol yeah for a second i was actually thinking I missed some scenes. One of the things i did like was the character evolution of Master Miller, starting in Peace  Walker. The growing rift between Miller and Ocelot/Big Boss, and the two of them taking kid Liquid/Solid, set the stage beautifully for Shadow Moses

 

Still one of the greatest games ever

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I downloaded it since it was free but I don’t know if I’ll play it. The MGS series is infamous for its complicated and ridiculous story and will have a hard time playing without knowing what the hell is going on 

 

It'll probably be the opposite. If you're like me and you've spent almost 20 years understanding the story one way, only for things to change ever so slightly each game, it'll just piss you off :ols:

 

Things didn't really start to push it till Guns of the Patriots, though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a bit of a bone to pick. Some extra dlc dropped for Origins (actually its more along the lines of Uplay content), but one one of them is limited time only (less than a week left). It's a a boss battle with Anubis, and supposedly there's some sweet gear that comes with it upon completion. You have to be Lvl 40 to attempt it though 

 

That aint right. Im not a teenager or a college student. No way I'd be able to put in that kind of time before this thing escapes my grasp :kickcan:

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Got a bit of a bone to pick. Some extra dlc dropped for Origins (actually its more along the lines of Uplay content), but one one of them is limited time only (less than a week left). It's a a boss battle with Anubis, and supposedly there's some sweet gear that comes with it upon completion. You have to be Lvl 40 to attempt it though 

 

That aint right. Im not a teenager or a college student. No way I'd be able to put in that kind of time before this thing escapes my grasp :kickcan:

 You don't have to be 40 to attempt it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, codeorama said:

 You don't have to be 40 to attempt it.

 

True, but you don't have to be a pilot to attempt to fly a plane either :ols:

 

Generally if you are 2-3 levels away you may do it, but enemy difficulty scales differently, so a low level soldier 4-5 rungs above you isn't the same as a captain 2 above you, or an armored general with a long shield and mace, that is at your level.

 

I'd imagine Anubis would be very difficult at 40, if it's a worthy DLC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If you can access it without being 40 what is the concern? Maybe I’m not understanding 

 

That even at level 40, the boss would be (or should be) extremely hard to defeat.  So being levels below 40, it would be nearly impossible to defeat.  And that he doesn't have the time to powerlevel to 40 (like in his younger years) and there are time constraints, meaning he still wouldn't be able to get to 40 before it's no longer offered and miss out on the reward gear.  That's my interpretation of the conversation.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But I thought the issue was that he wouldn’t be able to access it. I assumed it was something that once you download you can always access but I am not familiar with the uplay stuff 

 

Me either, guess it's DLC that is only available for a certain amount of time.  Miss it, lose it type thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

That even at level 40, the boss would be (or should be) extremely hard to defeat.  So being levels below 40, it would be nearly impossible to defeat.  And that he doesn't have the time to powerlevel to 40 (like in his younger years) and there are time constraints, meaning he still wouldn't be able to get to 40 before it's no longer offered and miss out on the reward gear.  That's my interpretation of the conversation.

 

Basically. Sometimes my brain shuts down and I explain things like I just returned from an alien abduction

 

59 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But I thought the issue was that he wouldn’t be able to access it. I assumed it was something that once you download you can always access but I am not familiar with the uplay stuff 

 

Yeah my bad. I said attempt (as in attempt to fight Anubis). But due to time constraints, you'd lose access after what is now 4 days. I'm currently at lvl 17, so if I tried that quest, it would be an automatic L if he sneazed on me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.