Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

So I got a friend selling her son's Xbox One cheap and I jumped on it.  I already have an Xbox One and this one will be for my daughter.  My question is, what do we need to do to set it up (and how) to where we can play online multiplayer/co-op games together at the same time?

I have no issues with adding a second Live Gold account.  But as far as the games go, how do we share them and play at the same time online together (say Destiny 2)?  I know I have to have a digital copy, but have never had two of the same consoles in the house sharing games.  @codeorama  I know you do this with your son on PS4, do you have 2 xbox ones too?  

Any help is appreciated.

Edit:  I read that I would log into my main account on her Xbox and it would allow me to download my digital games over.  But if I log out of it, will the games still be on her xbox and allow access to play them at the same time I'm logged in on my main account on my xbox?

Basically, you do the same thing with xbox as you would with PS4. Its called account sharing.

I only have 1 xbox, but my best friend has 2 and he does this so he and his son can share games rather than buying 2 copies.

What you do is:  Buy ALL game in digital format on ONE Specific Xbox.  That is your Main account.  Then, you make your daughter's xbox "your primary" in the settings. You will have to look up how to do it via xbox help.  But i know its not hard.   Once you have made her xbox your primary, you then can go and download all the digital copies of games that you own.  You will have to sign into her xbox on your account to down load them.  Once they are downloaded, she can log into her account and play them.  Then you log back on to yours.  BUT, her xbox has to stay as your primary.

If you need more help, lets party up on ps4 or xbox and I can help you.  Just let me know when a good time is...

Also, just making sure you understand, this ONLY works for digital copies of games. If you have a game on disc, you have to have 1 disc for each xbox.

So I just picked up the PS4 Pro Destiny 2 Bundle from Amazon for $349.99 plus tax. It's actually $399.99 right now on Amazon but if you click a link and use Amex points at checkout (and you can actually use $.01 worth of points, which is one point), it takes another $50 off of it.

The even better deal is that I had $335 in Amazon credit from doing e-rewards and my points surveys from the last 5 months and from Shopkick. So I only "paid" $46 and change out of pocket once taxes were applied.

Boo ya.

So games...it comes with Destiny 2..picked up Bloodborne for cheap a few weeks back..any other must haves? Uncharted 4 for sure...what else am I missing?

Taze it's really simple bro. It doesn't have to be a "main or primary account" has it's equal but considering it's for your daughter I don't think she would be buying games anytime soon. You do have to buy games digitally though. But what you do is this...

1) log in to her account on your Xbox and make your Xbox her "home"....

2) log into your account on her Xbox and make her Xbox your home...

3) log back in ok your account on your Xbox and vice versa.

4) you are done. You can now go to games and where it says ready to install you now share all games digitally downloaded. 

Me and my boy do it and we switch off buying games. I bought Madden he bought destiny2. Soon as they buy it you can download it

14 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So I just picked up the PS4 Pro Destiny 2 Bundle from Amazon for $349.99 plus tax. It's actually $399.99 right now on Amazon but if you click a link and use Amex points at checkout (and you can actually use $.01 worth of points, which is one point), it takes another $50 off of it.

The even better deal is that I had $335 in Amazon credit from doing e-rewards and my points surveys from the last 5 months and from Shopkick. So I only "paid" $46 and change out of pocket once taxes were applied.

Boo ya.

So games...it comes with Destiny 2..picked up Bloodborne for cheap a few weeks back..any other must haves? Uncharted 4 for sure...what else am I missing?

Your welcome to join the clan I'm in for Destiny 2 if you want. We are already max level, you will get all the extra loot each week because we do all the stuff.

18 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Boo ya.

R7 is a must play. Game looks amazing and plays amazing. 

4 hours ago, codeorama said:

Your welcome to join the clan I'm in for Destiny 2 if you want. We are already max level, you will get all the extra loot each week because we do all the stuff.

Lol he can join mine as well...we need more players...lol

16 minutes ago, codeorama said:

If you are ever on and need any help with anything, just let me know. We are bored waiting for the Prestige Raid...:D

I'm not on nearly as much as I would like. I'll let ya know tho. My clan mates and I are trying to split time with D2 and Valkyrie: War zone. 

That's another reason we need more clan members...lol

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This, I think, is what I am going to pick up next.  Good?

I have it, but im so backlogged with games. Pretty confident I'll get to it by next summer....

Any new Assassin's Creed takes precedence of course. Already pre-ordered Origins at GameStop

Thanks guys. I played the **** out of the og Destiny..but on the XBox One. So we'll see if there is a learning curve with the PS4 controller.

System comes tomorrow but it might be a few days to get set up. Need to takeout the PS3.

I picked up a used copy of Dark Souls 3 from Redbox. They are clearing them out for $4.99 and luckily got a pretty solid copy of it. We'll see how it plays in a few days. It's always hit and miss with them.

Also..forgot to list Hellblade. Just waiting for it to drop from the $29.99 intro price. :)

I'll post my gamertag when I get it set up. But it'll likely be the same as the PS3 one. We can do that right? Use the same tag for both PS3 and 4?

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This, I think, is what I am going to pick up next.  Good?

This game is sick. The story is incredible, gameplay is awesome, and first DLC comes out in a few weeks. Pretty much just single player.

Only negative was I was so into the story I didn’t do all the side quests before I hit the end game, and then afterwards it all felt a little trivial compared the the main story, which was over.

So I’d say the 1st time playthrough is incredible, replayability is a bit low. Take your time going through it. But a definite buy.

Need more storage on my PS4. I'm just about topped out. Have an original PS4 model with 500 GB HD.

External Hard Drive (2 TB Seagate seems to be the common solution) for around $89?

Upgrade to 1 TB model? Probably would look to take advantage of a trade in/bundle operation.

Something else I haven't thought of?

I do have Amazon Prime, and a Gamestop membership. Have heard good things about Best Buys program. I do also have $50 gift cards to both Amazon, and Gamestop, if this helps.

Also, unrelated, but this model doesn't let me connect to our faster 5.0G wi-fi connection. Ethernet cable is not currently a great option due to our router set-up, which I am unable to change. My roomie's xbox doesn't have an issue online when using 5.0G and others are streaming video elsewhere at the same time, but it royally ****s with my connection in the same scenario.

The newer version of the PS4 would connect. I could theoretically also connect a repeater/extender via ethernet to the PS4 and that may fix that issue? Not sure if that would work.

Appreciate any advice!

On 10/13/2017 at 3:34 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Thanks guys. I played the **** out of the og Destiny..but on the XBox One. So we'll see if there is a learning curve with the PS4 controller.

System comes tomorrow but it might be a few days to get set up. Need to takeout the PS3.

I picked up a used copy of Dark Souls 3 from Redbox. They are clearing them out for $4.99 and luckily got a pretty solid copy of it. We'll see how it plays in a few days. It's always hit and miss with them.

Also..forgot to list Hellblade. Just waiting for it to drop from the $29.99 intro price. :)

I'll post my gamertag when I get it set up. But it'll likely be the same as the PS3 one. We can do that right? Use the same tag for both PS3 and 4?

Yup. It's your Network tag, and that supercedes any console. Once you sign back into PSN upon activating your PS4, everything will be there.

If you haven't tried it on PS3, I'd recommend Telltale's Walking Dead series (there's a ps4 version, along with a fresh season that came out last year), which is an interactive game similar to Until Dawn. There may also be a Quantic Dream bundle in psn/ps+ that let's you get Heavy Rain/Beyond: 2 Souls, also interactive (one modern, gritty crime noire-esque drama, and the other, a supernatural thriller/drama

TellTale's Game of Thrones is decent too.

There's also Arkham Knight (Batman), FarCry 4, and Shadow of Mordor. And if you are the online type, any of the Battlefield/COD games, as well as Star Wars: Battlefront

2 hours ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Need more storage on my PS4. I'm just about topped out. Have an original PS4 model with 500 GB HD.

External Hard Drive (2 TB Seagate seems to be the common solution) for around $89?

Upgrade to 1 TB model? Probably would look to take advantage of a trade in/bundle operation.

Something else I haven't thought of?

I do have Amazon Prime, and a Gamestop membership. Have heard good things about Best Buys program. I do also have $50 gift cards to both Amazon, and Gamestop, if this helps.

Also, unrelated, but this model doesn't let me connect to our faster 5.0G wi-fi connection. Ethernet cable is not currently a great option due to our router set-up, which I am unable to change. My roomie's xbox doesn't have an issue online when using 5.0G and others are streaming video elsewhere at the same time, but it royally ****s with my connection in the same scenario.

The newer version of the PS4 would connect. I could theoretically also connect a repeater/extender via ethernet to the PS4 and that may fix that issue? Not sure if that would work.

Appreciate any advice!

I bought the 2 TB Seagate external for my Xbox One and it works great.  For my PS4, I went with a Seagate 2 TB laptop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 128MB cache 2.5" internal drive.  Only reason for the internal drive, Sony hadn't updated to allow for the external drives with statements saying they don't plan to in the future at the time.  Then they did, like a month later lol.

I'd personally go with the external seagate 2 TB drive.  It's plug and play, easier set up than upgrading the internal drive, which isn't that hard, just very time consuming depending on how many games you have as they all have to be redownloaded onto the new drive (alot easier copying from internal to the external drive than redownloading all of them).  If you do go internal, I posted a couple of times on the entire process:

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I bought the 2 TB Seagate external for my Xbox One and it works great.  For my PS4, I went with a Seagate 2 TB laptop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 128MB cache 2.5" internal drive.  Only reason for the internal drive, Sony hadn't updated to allow for the external drives with statements saying they don't plan to in the future at the time.  Then they did, like a month later lol.

I'd personally go with the external seagate 2 TB drive.  It's plug and play, easier set up than upgrading the internal drive, which isn't that hard, just very time consuming depending on how many games you have as they all have to be redownloaded onto the new drive (alot easier copying from internal to the external drive than redownloading all of them).  If you do go internal, I posted a couple of times on the entire process:

Thanks for the reply broski. Was looking at the Seagates, but not sure what the warranty is on those, or others. I've read less than stellar things about Seagate so far online as far as their warranty and failure rates.

If I do the external storage... do I need to re-install everything to that drive? Like, I can't have 4-5 games loaded onto the consoles HD, and then 15-20 on the external and switch between?

Archived