Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

14 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Although I consider myself a gamer, gamers like that are as common as clouds in the sky

Yes, the gaming community as a whole has a very toxic, tough-guy-racist-but-not-in-person, attitude that is ****ing nauseating. Quite a few of them love dropping the n-word against anyone, as well as a host of other racial slurs. Yet none of them have 55+ million followers on Youtube like this PewdeePie idiot. 

Exactly. Gaming these days has a bunch of kids just dropping casual epithets. Walk into any multiplayer game, ps4 or PC or Xbox, see kids dropping the n bomb all around. The problem is that Pewdiepie has so many followers and brings in heavy ad money. Youtube already had a "admageddon" where sponsors in their concern started pulling ads which affected the money people make. I mean, if you can play a game you can literally sit at home and stream and do commentary and earn a ****load of money because of those ads. And when the main broadcaster is dropping epithets like it's nothing, ad money is going to dry up for everyone else. 

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I know he's the biggest name there and mkes a ton but if he were removed from the scene for his offensive language etc    that market would just follow someone else. I've been led to believe it was a thriving market which to be fair, I've never understood because game streaming is entirely weird and pointless to me but oh well

I don't think PewdeePie will survive this one. I don't think he'll go away, but he's going to lose subscribers and likely all of his endorsements. He escaped too much of a hit to his brand with his previous nazi schtick because his apologists claimed he was just trying to make a joke, albeit a poor one. This one is inexcusable to anyone outside of the edge lords and morally bankrupt assholes of gaming. He said it with the hard R, and he meant it as a insult to the other player he said it towards, there is no defense. No one is going to want him doing a 'Let's Play' on their games going forward, especially with the Developer of Firewatch actively seeking to minimize his influence as much as possible. 

What I think will happen due to this is we'll see a rise in viewership of streamers who focus on specific games. There are semi-big streamers who play a particular game exclusively, and I think those streamers will kind of fill the void. 

On 9/12/2017 at 12:44 PM, Gamebreaker said:

Yes, the gaming community as a whole has a very toxic, tough-guy-racist-but-not-in-person, attitude that is ****ing nauseating. Quite a few of them love dropping the n-word against anyone, as well as a host of other racial slurs. Yet none of them have 55+ million followers on Youtube like this PewdeePie idiot. 

There's a lot of kids that just want to be shocking.

12 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Xbox One X preorders for the standard edition are now out. I got one. 

@Warhead36 I might get it. I liked FF9. But my backlog of games is so large I don’t see the need in paying for it now, when it won’t get touched for at least a year. 

Ordered mine a few weeks ago when they first came out. Cant wait. Just over a month away. 

2 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Ordered mine a few weeks ago when they first came out. Cant wait. Just over a month away. 

I would love to get a free one from the Taco Bell promotion, but I doubt that'll happen. I just never seem to win stuff like that. If I did win, I'd cancel the preorder and then purchase this TCL 4K HDR I've had my eye on for a while. 

11 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I would love to get a free one from the Taco Bell promotion, but I doubt that'll happen. I just never seem to win stuff like that. If I did win, I'd cancel the preorder and then purchase this TCL 4K HDR I've had my eye on for a while. 

That would certainly be sweet. Im hoping to get a good deal on a 4k monitor on black Friday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 6:51 PM, PokerPacker said:

What makes them worth getting every year rather than, say, once per console generation?

Nothing really, except for new customization/players, or your team is awesome. I do enjoy MLB The Show though

But sports games have largely been ruined by exclusive licensing.

Archived