Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Just now, Zazzaro703 said:

Anyone that doesn't have a powerful gaming PC, Scorpio is definitely the way to go out of all the current and upcoming consoles. The Scorpio actually looks pretty awesome for a system that comes working right out of box that you don't have to worry about upgrading.

The issue i have with the Scorpio is the claim it will do true 4K at 60FPS. I have no idea how that's going to be possible if it's difficult for a 1080 to do it? 

18 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

The issue i have with the Scorpio is the claim it will do true 4K at 60FPS. I have no idea how that's going to be possible if it's difficult for a 1080 to do it? 

Yeah we will have to wait and see. Scorpio will be the most powerful console on the market when it launches though so it will be the console markets best chance.

Personally, I think MS and PS are missing the mark on things.

I like that MS has the 4k drive, but I think it may be pre-mature. I think PS is missing the mark in banking on online streaming. Where I think PS is hitting it right is the VR...(I know...broken record).

VR gaming kinda brings it to another level. PS was able to provide a very good VR gaming experience for a lot less then Oculus. I think the more people that try it, the more will buy into it. I was 50-50 on it when I first got it, then I played it. Now it's hard to put it down. I'm looking forward to seeing how Resident Evil looks on it.

9 hours ago, Xameil said:

Personally, I think MS and PS are missing the mark on things.

I like that MS has the 4k drive, but I think it may be pre-mature. I think PS is missing the mark in banking on online streaming. Where I think PS is hitting it right is the VR...(I know...broken record).

VR gaming kinda brings it to another level. PS was able to provide a very good VR gaming experience for a lot less then Oculus. I think the more people that try it, the more will buy into it. I was 50-50 on it when I first got it, then I played it. Now it's hard to put it down. I'm looking forward to seeing how Resident Evil looks on it.

Completely agree with PlayStation, they jumped the gun on the pro and should have waited. I understand their hand was forced because they needed a stronger system for VR, but they should have eliminated the slim and had the pro be the slim model and power as well as release something stronger in line with Scorpio next holiday season. The reason why the PS4 has crushed the XBOne in sales is because it's a gaming console while the XBOne is an entertainment device. Why would anyone serious about gaming buy an XBOne right now over a PS4 when the PS4 is the more powerful console? Friends on Xbox live is really the only answer I can come up with.

I predicted this would happen when both systems were announced on here. Next year with the Scorpio it will be reversed. I not sure if the Scorpio is ditching the entertainment gimmicks, but if not it will then be the more powerful system and do other things the PS4 doesn't. I'm not sure if VR will be enough of a pull to keep the PS4 sales rolling in, but I wouldn't bet on it. I've wanted a Vive since it released and I'm sure it's a great fresh gaming experience, but I'm not losing sleep over not having one because there are soooo many great games out there that I don't even really think about it. Most people only care about their games looking as good as possible and can live without the gimmicks. 

I think the XBOne brand will begin to outsell the PS4 when Scorpio comes out and won't be looking back IMHO. I guess we will see. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to partner with someone to bring a VR headset to their consoles either and have the hololens coming at some point. 

4 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

I want to build another PC so bad. But I think I might just hold off for the Scorpio specs first. 

Just go PC if you have the money to spare, there is no way the Scorpio will surpass a higher end PC and you can play Microsoft games on PC. Plus you get all the PC exclusives, indies, mods, Playstation Now, VR headsets if you want. The only thing really missing from the PC is the most recent Sony exclusives and Nintendo. Exactly why I go PC and Nintendo, having those two covers everything considering the PS4 exclusives will eventually be added to PSNow. PSNow launching on PC a couple months ago was one of the last puzzle pieces. There are so many great games out there that if I don't get to play the newest uncharted for 3-4 years I'll survive. That's what I would do.

Now if only Nintendo would add their back catalog to steam or make their own PC shop. You can already get their entire back catalog for free on PC with a simple google search and hard drive space. Absolutely no reason at all to not offer people on PC a legit way to own their 15-30 year old software. The Virtual console on the Switch or Wii U isn't why people are buying thos consoles so it's not like it would decrease their console sales. I'm wrapping up Megaman 6 on the megaman legacy collection and it's been great to revisit these games. They are halfway there with the NES classic, just release the games in that format with all the covers and artwork like they did on the classic on PC. 

IDK...I think you are over estimating on the Scorpio. Plus, the Pro is not needed for VR. As for MS going the VR direction, they may, but by then they will be WAY behind unless they team up with HTC or Oculus.

From a lot of what I have read and other PS4 owners I have talked to, the Scorpio is not enough to get them to switch over. A lot of us are waiting to see PS response to the Scorpio. PS I think has over 60 million units out there now. I highly doubt you will see a big shift over to Scorpio. Not to mention rumors about MS dumping their MS ONE division. I almost see MS going the route of Sega at some point. Where they dump the console, and focus on gaming software

18 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Any PS4 users on here have Playstation Vue and can tell me what you think of it?

I think the quality of the HD channels is subpar. The DVR is weird. You can keep movies indefinitely, but not TV shows. I only kept it because I got a discount for NFL Redzone and I wanted to use that until the regular season ended. I canceled it this week.

Also, they market it as something you can use on a HDTV, tablet, or phone. But tablets and phones have restricted use. Most of the channels I want to watch are mobile restricted when I try to watch on my phone or tablet. Even on the roku, a non-mobile device, some GUI features are missing. It seems like the best experience for it is on a Playstation.  

4 hours ago, Xameil said:

IDK...I think you are over estimating on the Scorpio. Plus, the Pro is not needed for VR. As for MS going the VR direction, they may, but by then they will be WAY behind unless they team up with HTC or Oculus.

From a lot of what I have read and other PS4 owners I have talked to, the Scorpio is not enough to get them to switch over. A lot of us are waiting to see PS response to the Scorpio. PS I think has over 60 million units out there now. I highly doubt you will see a big shift over to Scorpio. Not to mention rumors about MS dumping their MS ONE division. I almost see MS going the route of Sega at some point. Where they dump the console, and focus on gaming software

This is ridiculous Sony fanboy talk. MS is not going the way of Sega. Geez, Sega didn't have money to continue in the hardware market. MS does not have the same issues. Their console sales have not reached anywhere near depths that Sega failures like the 32X, Saturn, and Dreamcast did. The Xbox One is actually outselling the pace of the 360. Now, something that could be legit is them getting out of being the publisher of games. Since it seems like something they're doing as a publisher keeps resulting in games getting canceled. 

There are already rumors MS will partner with Oculus for the Scorpio release, and will announce it at E3. The Oculus is already using Xbox controllers, the groundwork has been laid. Why wouldn't PS4 only owners buy a Scorpio too? Not all of them are fanboys. Some people just care about having the games, and a lot of gamers buy both systems and don't give a **** about "loyalites" or "switching over". I don't think Sony will have a response to Scorpio. What would be the purpose to coming out with another system when you have outsold the competition 2 to 1? A dick measuring contest doesn't make business sense. 

19 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

<XBONE FANBOY RANT>

Lol that's funny. Considering I almost went with the  XBOne S until my wife bought me the PSVR instead for a present . So, quite honestly your entire post is uneducated drivel to me since you obviously love to jump to conclusions.

Read up on the state of MS as a company...not just the xbox...because your post seems like MS fan boy. I hope they do team up with Oculus, because then it will add to the games where there is already cross platform gaming. But fact of the matter is if they don't, and Scorpio doesn't doesn't live upto expectations, expect a Sega type move. Which in all honesty isn't a bad thing for anyone.

I honestly hope the Scorpio does real well, because it would be good for gamers everywhere.

Oh and just to drop another little nugget of information on you that...PSVR works on Steam....so yeah...PSVR can work with a normal laptop that is equipped with a cam

I want all consoles to have success.  Success is what drives competition and results in the best products available to the consumers.  I've always owned both (PS and XB) and all three (Nin - through the Wii).  I won't be buying the Scorpio though or the PS Pro.  I'll wait until the next release after those, I still want to get my moneys worth out of both systems.  

VR seems cool and I'm sure 4K gaming will be great (I don't have a 4k TV though).  Just not anything I "need" to have at this point.  

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I want all consoles to have success.  Success is what drives competition and results in the best products available to the consumers.  I've always owned both (PS and XB) and all three (Nin - through the Wii).  I won't be buying the Scorpio though or the PS Pro.  I'll wait until the next release after those, I still want to get my moneys worth out of both systems.  

VR seems cool and I'm sure 4K gaming will be great (I don't have a 4k TV though).  Just not anything I "need" to have at this point.  

Completely agree. All that know me from here know that before I got the VR I was seeking advice about which to get (mainly the RTT family)

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Occulus is owned by Microsoft btw

Yes I know, and I know the Scorpio is gping to be VR ready, which honestly is no big feat since the original PS4 is as well.

Depending on how much the Scorpio is (initial indications are....expensive) will you drop another $799 on a VR headset? For a PS owner, the question becomes muddled especially when reviews show the PSVR has shown to be a very comparable VR headset for a fraction of the cost. Add on that  there is a way for PSVR to play Steam games...and thats VR games and Non-VR games.

As I said, I hope it does do well. I hope it also adds to the VR pool, because of the cross platform playing that occurs (EVE: Valkyrie). 

I think gamers just want the best looking games. I'm normally Sony over Microsoft and haven't gotten anything yet this console generation, but would probably pick up a Scorpio if I was going to. If someone is paying around the same price for a console with no loyalties, why wouldn't you pick the most powerful one? However, since both brands this generation are running PC architecture and almost all the games are on PC, I'll probably pass and keep pumping money into my PC and play Nintendo Switch. I cannot wait for Zelda and Nintendo wasn't assholes this time releasing like 2 consoles per store. Amazon was out but I was able to pre order from online GameStop and have my switch and zelda arriving day of release. Hearing good things about people's hands on time with the switch.

2 hours ago, Xameil said:

Lol that's funny. Considering I almost went with the  XBOne S until my wife bought me the PSVR instead for a present . So, quite honestly your entire post is uneducated drivel to me since you obviously love to jump to conclusions.

Read up on the state of MS as a company...not just the xbox...because your post seems like MS fan boy. I hope they do team up with Oculus, because then it will add to the games where there is already cross platform gaming. But fact of the matter is if they don't, and Scorpio doesn't doesn't live upto expectations, expect a Sega type move. Which in all honesty isn't a bad thing for anyone.

I honestly hope the Scorpio does real well, because it would be good for gamers everywhere.

Oh and just to drop another little nugget of information on you that...PSVR works on Steam....so yeah...PSVR can work with a normal laptop that is equipped with a cam

Uneducated drivel? LOL!!!!! Yeah ok....

I'm not an Xbox fanboy because I called you out. I own both systems, you don't. Who's the fanboy suggesting Microsoft is going the way of Sega? I'm mean, seriously, that's ridiculous. 

Microsoft is not giving up on gaming. Your suggestion is the same unsubstantiated nonsense that we hear about Nintendo every time one of their systems fail. "Nintendo may stop making systems and just do software." I've been hearing that for a decade. When Sony was losing millions upon millions in every quarterly report in the first half of the PS3 life cycle, Xbox fanboys were swearing up and down Sony investors were going to force the company to drop the gaming division. Didn't happen. It's no different now, and it's only believed by fanboys who somehow feel like they have to put on a company t-shirt and root for the competition to fail. If you don't have stock in Sony, or work there, it is in your best interest that Microsoft succeeds. 

Even if you hate MS for some reason, it's best they succeed for no more reason than being better competition for Sony means Sony won't increase prices on games, creates better tools for developers, works harder to pump out quality first party titles, and improves upon their weaknesses. PSN wouldn't be what it is right now if it wasn't for Xbox live. Games with Gold wouldn't exist on the Xbox one if it wasn't for PS Plus free games. I enjoy both systems and root for both companies because in the end, gamers win. 

So even if Scorpio doesn't live up to expectations, which is definitely possible, don't expect Microsoft to be Sega. That's just nonsense. 

30 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I think gamers just want the best looking games. I'm normally Sony over Microsoft and haven't gotten anything yet this console generation, but would probably pick up a Scorpio if I was going to. If someone is paying around the same price for a console with no loyalties, why wouldn't you pick the most powerful one? However, since both brands this generation are running PC architecture and almost all the games are on PC, I'll probably pass and keep pumping money into my PC and play Nintendo Switch. I cannot wait for Zelda and Nintendo wasn't assholes this time releasing like 2 consoles per store. Amazon was out but I was able to pre order from online GameStop and have my switch and zelda arriving day of release. Hearing good things about people's hands on time with the switch.

To respond to the bolded, exclusives. 

That was an awefully long rant against someone who basically gave an honest opinion based on articles last year stating Microsoft was possibly going to sell the XBOX division. Oh and against someone who has stated several times I don't hate MS..I actually on several occasions almost bought the Onext or One S. Sooooo yeah...

You called someone out without any knowledge of me OR what systems I have, have had, or have played...that's why your post was uneducated drivel.

You are right, I don't own an XBOX one at this time. But not because I am a "Fanboy" but because there were PS exclusives I liked more.

So yeah.....go about your way

Oh...and just to add..

The Sega decision had zero to do with "failure" of the Dreamcast, which I owned and was well ahead of its time. It was because consoles are sold at a loss, and Sega made more money just making games for all consoles. It was an economic decision, and from my understanding a smart one. Although there are rumors going around Sega is thinking about throwing their hat back into that ring.

47 minutes ago, Xameil said:

That was an awefully long rant against someone who basically gave an honest opinion based on articles last year stating Microsoft was possibly going to sell the XBOX division. Oh and against someone who has stated several times I don't hate MS..I actually on several occasions almost bought the Onext or One S. Sooooo yeah...

You called someone out without any knowledge of me OR what systems I have, have had, or have played...that's why your post was uneducated drivel.

You are right, I don't own an XBOX one at this time. But not because I am a "Fanboy" but because there were PS exclusives I liked more.

So yeah.....go about your way

Nothing that you read was ever taken seriously. My post was part replying to you and part ranting against fanboyism period.  But what you're saying, in the bolded,now that you admit you only own a PS4, is my "uneducated drivel" was actually an accurate educated guess. Thanks and come again, lol. 

47 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Oh...and just to add..

The Sega decision had zero to do with "failure" of the Dreamcast, which I owned and was well ahead of its time. It was because consoles are sold at a loss, and Sega made more money just making games for all consoles. It was an economic decision, and from my understanding a smart one. Although there are rumors going around Sega is thinking about throwing their hat back into that ring.

They couldn't afford to make another system. Yes, an economic decision. And yes, every system is sold at a loss. That is inconsequential to this topic. Companies make the money back over the years as the manufacturing of those systems is cheaper and off the games sold. Sega wasn't getting the return on investment by having a large player base to continue buying systems that were cheaper to manufacturer and games. 

It was a good system I agree, but not profitable for Sega to continue supporting. 

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

Uneducated drivel? LOL!!!!! Yeah ok....

I'm not an Xbox fanboy because I called you out. I own both systems, you don't. Who's the fanboy suggesting Microsoft is going the way of Sega? I'm mean, seriously, that's ridiculous. 

Microsoft is not giving up on gaming. Your suggestion is the same unsubstantiated nonsense that we hear about Nintendo every time one of their systems fail. "Nintendo may stop making systems and just do software." I've been hearing that for a decade. When Sony was losing millions upon millions in every quarterly report in the first half of the PS3 life cycle, Xbox fanboys were swearing up and down Sony investors were going to force the company to drop the gaming division. Didn't happen. It's no different now, and it's only believed by fanboys who somehow feel like they have to put on a company t-shirt and root for the competition to fail. If you don't have stock in Sony, or work there, it is in your best interest that Microsoft succeeds. 

Even if you hate MS for some reason, it's best they succeed for no more reason than being better competition for Sony means Sony won't increase prices on games, creates better tools for developers, works harder to pump out quality first party titles, and improves upon their weaknesses. PSN wouldn't be what it is right now if it wasn't for Xbox live. Games with Gold wouldn't exist on the Xbox one if it wasn't for PS Plus free games. I enjoy both systems and root for both companies because in the end, gamers win. 

So even if Scorpio doesn't live up to expectations, which is definitely possible, don't expect Microsoft to be Sega. That's just nonsense. 

To respond to the bolded, exclusives. 

Haha, a good and obvious point I overlooked.

5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Nothing that you read was ever taken seriously. My post was part replying to you and part ranting against fanboyism period.  But what you're saying, in the bolded,now that you admit you only own a PS4, is my "uneducated drivel" was actually an accurate educated guess. Thanks and come again, lol. 

Just because all I currently own is a PS does not make me a fanboy...maybe you need to look the definition up.

Archived