DM72

Xbox One Vs Ps4

Recommended Posts

My xbox has **** the bed....again.

 

Go to do a hard reset today, that goes fine. Go to turn in back on, TOTALLY unresponsive. Light on the power brick is orange, but the power button doesn't light up, nor do I get the power up sound. Just a dead black box. I've tried all the tricks. Nothing fixing it.

 

Gonna leave it totally unplugged over night, last ditch effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

My xbox has **** the bed....again.

 

Go to do a hard reset today, that goes fine. Go to turn in back on, TOTALLY unresponsive. Light on the power brick is orange, but the power button doesn't light up, nor do I get the power up sound. Just a dead black box. I've tried all the tricks. Nothing fixing it.

 

Gonna leave it totally unplugged over night, last ditch effort.

 

Seems to me your power source is the problem. Either your outlet is done, or the power brick, or the cable connecting the power brick to the Xbox. 

 

Your power brick light will show yellow even if it's unplugged. So if your Xbox isn't responding to being turned on I would start my troubleshooting there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I really can't wait for breath of the Wild 

 

Well if they get cute and try to charge more for an inferior console (if it's not on par with the XB1 or PS4) than its worth, like they did with the Wii U and never lower the price, I'll never own one.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

Well if they get cute and try to charge more for an inferior console (if it's not on par with the XB1 or PS4) than its worth, like they did with the Wii U and never lower the price, I'll never own one.

 

I agree the pricing is going to be key for this system. Zelda not being a launch title now is also disappointing. 

 

I guess we will find out January 12th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone on PS4 wants to boost their download/upload speeds (works for both wired/wireless connections) try going into the network settings, start the process to set up the connection, pick wired or wireless (if wireless - select network, enter password and proceed).  Then pick custom instead of easy for the set-up.  For IP Address Settings select "Automatic", DHCP Host Name select "Do Not Specify".  For DNS Settings select "Automatic". 

 

Then the next screen will be MTU settings, select "Manual", then change it from 1500 to 1473, click next.  For Proxy Server select "Do Not Use", then test your internet connection.  You can try to change the MTU to 1453 and test it to see what happens, sometimes it's better, sometimes its not.  I just did this today and my connection wired jumped up from 23 Mbps down to 71 Mbps down.  Can't remember the upload speeds but it improved greatly as well.  

 

This won't work for XBox One, when I went on it to test it out, there wasn't any option I could find that allowed me to change the MTU, but when I did a connection test, it showed what the MTU was on the test.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had download speed issues on the Xbox One or PS4.  I have both systems connected to my router via ethernet cable, and I get 75Mbps upload and download speed. Although I have been hearing a lot recently from PS4 users that their download speeds are terrible. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I've never had download speed issues on the Xbox One or PS4.  I have both systems connected to my router via ethernet cable, and I get 75Mbps upload and download speed. Although I have been hearing a lot recently from PS4 users that their download speeds are terrible. 

 

I was trying to find out why my PS4 speeds were so much lower than what my actual connection is (300Mbps down, 20Mbps up) and came across that trick.  Decided to to test it and found that for some reason, my PS4 was showing only 23 down and it is a wired connection.  

 

On my Xbox One, I'm having an issue with the powerline adapter not working like it used to so the wired connection is only getting 13Mbps down and 23Mbps Up.  I went wireless up there and it is around 45Mbps down and 23Mbps up, so I just switched it to wireless until I can figure out why the powerline adapter is no longer putting out speeds close to what I get directly connected to the modem/router.

 

My original TWC plan was 200 down and 20 up, we got one set of those adapters and plugged it into every room in the house (we tested with a laptop) was getting around 170-190Mbps down and 23Mbps up.  Now all of the sudden, it was only getting 13Mbps down and 1Mbps up (as of last night) in my bonus room.  Kind of baffling, because we haven't changed anything and it just decided that to say **** you to faster speeds lol.  I'm glad I didn't buy another set because I was close to doing that so every room in the house would have faster internet.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

I was trying to find out why my PS4 speeds were so much lower than what my actual connection is (300Mbps down, 20Mbps up) and came across that trick.  Decided to to test it and found that for some reason, my PS4 was showing only 23 down and it is a wired connection.  

 

On my Xbox One, I'm having an issue with the powerline adapter not working like it used to so the wired connection is only getting 13Mbps down and 23Mbps Up.  I went wireless up there and it is around 45Mbps down and 23Mbps up, so I just switched it to wireless until I can figure out why the powerline adapter is no longer putting out speeds close to what I get directly connected to the modem/router.

 

My original TWC plan was 200 down and 20 up, we got those adapters and every room in the house (we tested with a laptop) was getting around 170-190Mbps down and 23Mbps up.  Now all of the sudden, it was only getting 13Mbps down and 1Mbps up (as of last night) in my bonus room.  Kind of baffling, because we haven't changed anything and it just decided that to say **** you to faster speeds lol.

 

I guess I'm lucky to have both of my systems inside the same room as my router. You could replace the powerline adapter, although I would test a different ethernet cable first. Going wireless isn't preferred, but for your situation it's the best choice. I have my 360 in my living room and it's wireless. If I used it enough and wanted a faster speed or online gaming performance, I'd just run ethernet cable behind the wall to my basement where the router is. 

 

Sidenote, I just recently helped a friend of mine who bought an older house wire his home for the internet. He had RJ-11 phone outlets in every room and we installed RJ-45 outlets and ran CAT 5e cables to a switch in his office, and that switch to his router. IMO, every new home built should have it setup that way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

 

I guess I'm lucky to have both of my systems inside the same room as my router. You could replace the powerline adapter, although I would test a different ethernet cable first. Going wireless isn't preferred, but for your situation it's the best choice. I have my 360 in my living room and it's wireless. If I used it enough and wanted a faster speed or online gaming performance, I'd just run ethernet cable behind the wall to my basement where the router is. 

 

Sidenote, I just recently helped a friend of mine who bought an older house wire his home for the internet. He had RJ-11 phone outlets in every room and we installed RJ-45 outlets and ran CAT 5e cables to a switch in his office, and that switch to his router. IMO, every new home built should have it setup that way. 

 

In my office, I had both consoles and PC hooked up to the router and all hooked up to a gaming monitor.  But I took over the bonus room again and turned it back into a man cave, bought an additional 27" BenQ gaming monitor, speakers with optical hook up and decided to move one console up into the man cave and picked the XBox One.  It works fine, just kinda bummed the power line adapter isn't working as great as it used to.  I'll figure something out after we get the flooring re-done in that room.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

My original TWC plan was 200 down and 20 up, we got one set of those adapters and plugged it into every room in the house (we tested with a laptop) was getting around 170-190Mbps down and 23Mbps up.  Now all of the sudden, it was only getting 13Mbps down and 1Mbps up (as of last night) in my bonus room.  Kind of baffling, because we haven't changed anything and it just decided that to say **** you to faster speeds lol.  I'm glad I didn't buy another set because I was close to doing that so every room in the house would have faster internet.  

Any new electrical device being plugged in?  If something new is generating noise near the bonus room, that would definitely degrade the speed for PLA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Any new electrical device being plugged in?  If something new is generating noise near the bonus room, that would definitely degrade the speed for PLA.

 

Nothing that I am aware of.  It's over the garage away from the rest of the house.  We just moved my daughters room into our old spare bedroom but that room is on the other side of the house.  I had my wife run a speed test before I hooked up the new monitor and Xbox and we got the same crappy connection.  Also, she had run a speed test a couple of weeks ago before any remodeling and was getting very low speeds like we are now.  

 

So no clue lol

 

Edit:  Although, my daughters new room is above my office where the router is.  Not sure if that would make any difference or not though.  Again, we just moved her into her new room last weekend and the wife was getting the poor speeds a few weeks ago where nothing had been changed or added from when we first purchased the adapters months ago.

 

Edit 2:  I did upgrade my internet from 200Mbps down to the 300Mbps down plan a few weeks ago.  The adapter though was supposed to be up to 1GB down though, so I wouldn't think increasing the speed would negatively impact the adapter since it's capable of transmitting speeds up to 1GB down.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got to play the PSVR Rogue One mission...

 

HOLY ****ING HELL. it was AWESOME 

 

They better do a whole Star Wars VR where you can play on the Rebel or Imperial side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just copped a free XB One at work, was sitting in our break room, in our usual "take it/leave it" spot for things we don't have a use for anymore. Got here early and snagged it, then 20 minutes later our director sends out an email saying "500GB Xbox, if you want it it's yours". Everybody ran in there and I'm sitting at my desk like :ols:

 

I've got both systems now. Only came with the power cord though, need to get HDMI, controllers, and any games still.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Just copped a free XB One at work, was sitting in our break room, in our usual "take it/leave it" spot for things we don't have a use for anymore. Got here early and snagged it, then 20 minutes later our director sends out an email saying "500GB Xbox, if you want it it's yours". Everybody ran in there and I'm sitting at my desk like :ols:

 

I've got both systems now. Only came with the power cord though, need to get HDMI, controllers, and any games still.

 

Congrats man, only having to pay for a controller, hdmi cable and games is a massive bargain. Enjoy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FF15 is...disappointing. I'm strongly considering just trading it in but Gamestop always rips you off. I love Final Fantasy but I can't get into this one at all. The setting, the gameplay, the characters, its just...meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So full disclosure.... total Final Fantasy nerd/fanboy here.  Played them all. 

 

Ive been playing Final Fantasy XV for two weeks now.  It's incredible!  Definitely worth a buy.  They've built two games in one.  You can continue to play a turn-based game or have a slash-fest. 

 

CGI cutscenes are incredible as always.  They even made a full film to give a thorough backstory of the world they created (on Amazon Prime). 

 

So so glad to see FF put out a good game again.  The last few have not lived up to the predecessors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

FF15 is...disappointing. I'm strongly considering just trading it in but Gamestop always rips you off. I love Final Fantasy but I can't get into this one at all. The setting, the gameplay, the characters, its just...meh.

 

Really? I'm enjoying. IMO, it's the best FF they've done in years. And I haven't enjoyed any of them since FF9. 

 

The combat took a while to get used to. It doesn't compare to their old school stuff, but I'm having fun with it anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Ellis said:

So full disclosure.... total Final Fantasy nerd/fanboy here.  Played them all. 

 

Ive been playing Final Fantasy XV for two weeks now.  It's incredible!  Definitely worth a buy.  They've built two games in one.  You can continue to play a turn-based game or have a slash-fest. 

 

CGI cutscenes are incredible as always.  They even made a full film to give a thorough backstory of the world they created (on Amazon Prime). 

 

So so glad to see FF put out a good game again.  The last few have not lived up to the predecessors. 

 

Hey, former FF nerd/fanboy here. 

 

Thanks for letting me know about the movie on Amazon Prime. I'll give it a watch. And how can you switch it to turn-based? The combat, I'm getting used to it but I'd like to try turn-based and see which type I like better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.