Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

So, here are the games that I'm really looking forward to but won't have the time because I'm married, have a job and a kid:

Fallout 4

Shenmue

FF7

Have almost no interest in BO3. What the **** Activision?

Battlefront. Looks like a dumb Star Wars Battlefield knock off.

I don't get why they went with a futuristic game in AW to another futuristic game in BO3. They just added onto it. I'll probably get it because I'm a COD whore but it looks dumb. Why don't they just copy Titanfall completely? Maybe they can copy Destiny next? Maybe they'll copy Battlefront when that game is successful?

I don't know man. I was hoping that BO would get us back into a timeline that is more believable. Something that is at least partly based in reality.

It sure does, too bad I won't ever get it because I can't rationalize spending $150 on a controller.

Remember Steel Battalion for the OG XBox? $200 for the game plus the controller. But at least the controller was a beast of a controller:

original.jpg

For $150, that controller better have a wireless touchscreen and gyroscopes!

And the wireless touchscreen better by 1080p LED with at least 120Hz damnit!!!

Excuse me while I put on my techno-hat again, but 1080p 120Hz is, well... not very feasible as a low-latency wireless signal. We're talking 24 bits/pixel times 1080 rows times 1920 columns times 120 refreshes/second = 5.56 Gb/s

Excuse me while I put on my techno-hat again, but 1080p 120Hz is, well... not very feasible as a low-latency wireless signal. We're talking 24 bits/pixel times 1080 rows times 1920 columns times 120 refreshes/second = 5.56 Gb/s

Very well, very well, can I demand 60Hz then? At $150 I want to watch the Skins play snapped to my controller instead of that little ****ty screen on my tv.  

GameInformer gave Arkham Knight a 9.5. 

I can't wait until Tuesday to finish this trilogy off.

Concept:
The final installment in Rocksteady’s “Arkham” series. The story steals the spotlight, diving deep inside of The Dark Knight’s mind for a cerebral and terrifying journey

Graphics:
A stunning version of Gotham loaded with tiny details and impressive environmental destruction. The character models are eerily realistic, and are captured beautifully through well-scripted cinematic moments

Sound:
Some of the dialogue is hokey, but the all-star lineup of voice actors mostly delivers. Scarecrow, Arkham Knight, and a few other secret characters shine

Playability:
Every gameplay mechanic is better refined and balanced, leading to the best playing Batman game yet. The Batmobile, unfortunately, is a part of far too many blasé tank encounters

Entertainment:
Outside of a couple of irritations, this is one of the most enjoyable Batman stories I’ve experienced

Replay:

Moderately High

Batman: Arkham Knight is a narrative juggernaut crammed to capacity with excellent heroes, villains, battles, drama, humor, fan service, and the mother of all plot twists (you won’t see this one coming, folks). Arkham Knight is easily the most engaging story in the series – a tale that caters just as much to people seeking a high-octane, rock ‘em sock ‘em superhero war as it does those cerebral storyphiles looking for a jaw-dropping narrative. Outside of one of Batman’s wonderful toys having a flat tire for a significant chunk of this experience, Arkham Knight is a welcome assault of comic-book bliss and stunning new-gen visuals....

At the end of it all, Batman: Arkham Knight delivers a great sense of closure for this series. Rocksteady leaves a few plot threads dangling to tease and taunt us, but the grim tale that started all the way back in Arkham Asylum is done. I walked away from Arkham Knight shocked, satisfied, and in dire need of someone to discuss the story with. Rocksteady built a special experience that dazzles with its cleverness, intelligence, and ability to shift from kick-ass Batman moments to emotional gut punches to scenes stripped straight from some of Batman's greatest comic book stories. Lock yourself away, avoid social media and friends, and finish this game. You won't want this one spoiled for you.

Just snagged a new PS4 from GameStop. came with the download for the Last of Us, and also a free new copy of Bloodborne.

Also pre-ordered Battlefront, because let's be honest, that's the real prize.

What's everybody on here playing?

I switched over from 360, which I still have. Waiting to buy PS4 online til I have something I want to play online. Still getting used to the interface it's much different than what I'm used to.

Just snagged a new PS4 from GameStop. came with the download for the Last of Us, and also a free new copy of Bloodborne.

I switched over from 360, which I still have. Waiting to buy PS4 online til I have something I want to play online. Still getting used to the interface it's much different than what I'm used to.

You really should be playing Bloodborne online and The Last of Us may have had the best MP of the PS360 gen.

So excited for Arkham Knight, it's difficult to express in coherent sentences. Still finishing/enjoying Witcher 3 though. Need's to be completed( at least story-wise) by Tuesday. 

As far as exclusives go, Bloodborne and maybe the slightly underrated Infamous: Second Son are my suggestions for the PS4. Lot of great third party titles that run slightly better on the PS4, are available however. As i stated in a recent post. Witcher 3 is currently dominating my gaming time. I've plugged in about 92 hours and it still doesn't feel tedious. 

Archived