Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I see that point and really appreciate something like the TES series where you can pick a bunch of different races and customization options for your character.

But playing as a specific character also allows you the creator the chance to tell a more tightly focused story revolving around a character that will exist the same in all worlds. So from a narrative perspective it makes sense.  

I can't argue with that, but for me personally, I have a hard time investing in that.  I'd much rather create my own character.

I'd much rather create my own character.

Have you played Fallout? :)

On Fallout 3, you take an actual test at the beginning of the game (when your character is a child) and based on your responses to various questions and situations, it buOlds your character and your traits. 9 total I think. Strength, agility, science, charisma, luck,etc. And beyond those 9 main character traits, there are 15-20 smaller categories of your personality. Then, you chose to be a man or woman, young or old, etc...which effects your interactions with characters in the game

Man, if you guys haven't played Fallout 3 or new vegas, you're missing out big time

edit:  oh, and the fallout maps are big as ****.  There are 163 locations in Fallout 3, many of them huge buildings that can take 30-45 minutes to explore.  plus dozens more locations that aren't on the map. 

It took me a solid year to beat Fallout 3, and even then I dont think I saw the whole thing. Navigating DC and all the underground places was a real pain in the ass. Then when they added the dlc maps I nearly lost it.

I cant remember my build, but I had a high lockpick skill. Lo kpicking is your lifeblood

I see that point and really appreciate something like the TES series where you can pick a bunch of different races and customization options for your character.

But playing as a specific character also allows you the creator the chance to tell a more tightly focused story revolving around a character that will exist the same in all worlds. So from a narrative perspective it makes sense.

Yeah, one of the things that makes me apprehensive about Xenoblade Chronicles X is that they've gone with an avatar for the player-character. One of the things I really liked about the original was the story revolving around specific characters and their chemistry. With an avatar, your character becomes detached from the other characters in the world.

Yeah, one of the things that makes me apprehensive about Xenoblade Chronicles X is that they've gone with an avatar for the player-character. One of the things I really liked about the original was the story revolving around specific characters and their chemistry. With an avatar, your character becomes detached from the other characters in the world.

I enjoy both styles and they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I didn't pkay the first Xenoblade but will probably pick up X whenever it ends up coming out.

Have you played Fallout? :)

On Fallout 3, you take an actual test at the beginning of the game (when your character is a child) and based on your responses to various questions and situations, it buOlds your character and your traits. 9 total I think. Strength, agility, science, charisma, luck,etc. And beyond those 9 main character traits, there are 15-20 smaller categories of your personality. Then, you chose to be a man or woman, young or old, etc...which effects your interactions with characters in the game

Man, if you guys haven't played Fallout 3 or new vegas, you're missing out big time

edit:  oh, and the fallout maps are big as ****.  There are 163 locations in Fallout 3, many of them huge buildings that can take 30-45 minutes to explore.  plus dozens more locations that aren't on the map. 

I love fallout 3 and New Vegas.  Even though the character is somewhat predetermined, If I remember, just like in Skyrim, you still create their look and their skills.  You customize them.

The guy in the witcher can get different clothes and I'm sure you can adjust his skills, but, he still looks the same regardless (his face).  Shadow of Mordor is the same way. LOVE the gameplay, but its boring just being "that guy" IMO of course.

I just remember close to the end of Fallout 3, when you watch Prime terrorize all the Enclave scum. It like watching a kovie as he (all 100 feet of him) walks through downtown DC, obliterating everything in his path.

I enjoy both styles and they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I didn't pkay the first Xenoblade but will probably pick up X whenever it ends up coming out.

Oh, I'm definitely picking up X, and you're right, they do both have their advantages. It'll be a different game from the first and I think focus more on exploration, freedom, and choice. I also understand that the main story is much shorter with more of a focus on side-questing (the story of the original was supposedly 60 hours if you tried to rush through it, so it's not like being shorter means it'll be short). Bottom line is that it'll be different, but I have no doubt that it'll be worth the money.

Also, you should play the first.

My only beef with W3 is that combat can be annoying vs groups. Its basically swing, dodge roll, swing, dodge roll, rinse repeat.

The world is huge though.

Im enjoying the Witcher 3, even though I'm not a particularly huge fan of humongous RPG's and despite not playing any of the previous witcher games. I do however, shamefully, have to admit that i find the game kind of difficult. I had to put the game difficulty on easy a few times to get by some sections successfully. I'm either a terrible overall gamer or i don't possess the patience to level up my character properly- probably a bit of both :)

Na, the game is definitely difficult. I've found that the big key is proper sign usage. They can make or break battles. 

Dodging > Rolling too, but it can be tough to get the timing down, and you still have to roll when fighting groups.

Bombs are also really useful. Samun(I think that's what it's called)is a big AOE blind that can buy you a lot of time.

I think the only really worthless weapon is the crossbow. I don't seem to ever do good damage with it and its annoying to have to line up and shoot, and is also super slow.

After platinuming Bloodborne I'm having a really difficult time getting into the combat in Witcher 3. It's so bland compared to BB. I need to shelf it for now and play something else to cleanse the palette or something.

I am just messing around with Bloodborne still, invading and co-oping. I am passing on Witcher and going to wait for Batman.

Only surprise here is that it was confirmed prior to E3:

Shuhei Yoshida
‏@yosp
So I have been asked by many people if we are making DLC for Bloodborne. I can say... An expansion is coming. More info later this year. :D

So downloaded Fallout 3 last night for the PC. Gonna try and get into it this weekend possibly. 

first off, it makes me very happy that you're going to play it.  But you're gonna need A LOT more than a weekend to play the entire game LOL.  one of the biggest worlds to explore in any video game ever.  and depending on the decisions you make, the game is good for at least 3-4 play throughs.  you'll meet people, open/unlock missions that you've never seen before if you do things differently the next time ;)

Honestly....like, for real? I can't wait until Fallout 4 is announced next month at E3, so it can shut this entire thread the **** DOWN ;):):wub:

Fallout 3 won Game of The Year for a reason, and Fallout: New Vegas was runner up Game of The Year for a reason as well ;)

You guys talked me into getting Fallout 3.  I ordered the vanilla version for ps3.  I was going to get the GOTY edition but I read that it introduces a ton of bugs that forces hard resets on your ps3.  I might pick up the GOTY edition on steam whenever it's on sale.

I've figured out Witcher. Invest in signs. Heavily. Igni and Quen are amazing. Then just spam the dodge key to keep yourself behind enemies. Don't even bother trying to parry/counterattack(won't even work on most mobs I believe).

That's how I played Witcher 2.  I invested in a sign build, using igni as my primary attack.  I never bothered with the parry/counter attack.  However, I'm not sure how combat is in the Witcher 3 compared to Witcher 2.

You guys talked me into getting Fallout 3.  I ordered the vanilla version for ps3.  I was going to get the GOTY edition but I read that it introduces a ton of bugs that forces hard resets on your ps3. 

I'm guessing thats what happened with my save file. The DLC ****ed it to hell. Point Loookut was especially buggy but i was able to get through it. Operation Anchorage came and that **** was like "Sorry bruh, I can't do it."

Unless you get the special dart gun, if you see a Deathclaw, you might as well give it some vaseline. There is no escape. Stay out of Olney and the DC Ruins until you get your bearings.

Explore every inch of the map carefully, cause there are hidden weapons all over the place that (if you have the right skillset) will get you into harder areas easily.

Archived