Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

He doesn't know, he was 4.

:D

I was 1.

My understanding was they toured around with this Nintendo World Championship game cartridge that had Super Mario Bros, Tetris, and Track and Field or something like that, and the competition was to get the highest combined score on those games within a certain time limit. I think it was also supposed to be feeding off of their movie "The Wizard" which was about a Super Mario Bros world championship.

I was 1.

My understanding was they toured around with this Nintendo World Championship game cartridge that had Super Mario Bros, Tetris, and Track and Field or something like that, and the competition was to get the highest combined score on those games within a certain time limit. I think it was also supposed to be feeding off of their movie "The Wizard" which was about a Super Mario Bros world championship.

Sounds legit as ****.

Reviews for Witcher 3 are coming out and apparently it doesn't just meet the hype, it exceeds it. Some are saying it's one of the best games ever made.

Can't wait to play it. Need a new game, haven't bought a new one since DA:I back in November.

Reviews for Witcher 3 are coming out and apparently it doesn't just meet the hype, it exceeds it. Some are saying it's one of the best games ever made.

Can't wait to play it. Need a new game, haven't bought a new one since DA:I back in November.

Yeah I'm really excited. Still not that impressed with the combat but I havent gicen it a chance yet. The world built and the consequences of your actions upon it seem incredible. They reviews indicate that even the side missions are meaningful and require careful thought out decisions and they are more than just random fetch questsx

I can't wait to play it.

Yeah I'm really excited. Still not that impressed with the combat but I havent gicen it a chance yet. The world built and the consequences of your actions upon it seem incredible. They reviews indicate that even the side missions are meaningful and require careful thought out decisions and they are more than just random fetch questsx

I can't wait to play it.

Yeah I hated the combat in 1 and 2. Just really clunky. Granted I played them both on PC which I've never really liked for these type of games(really only prefer PC for FPS and Strategy games), but it was enough to turn me off completely(although I heard 2 gets better as you play through it).

The actions having actual consequences that matter is a dream though.

I do have issues with the first two Witcher games.  There was a huge difference in combat between 1 and 2, but they were still both clunky.   I also thought the Witcher 1 & 2 were way too story driven, to the point where there seemed to be more listening to dialogue than there was action and exploring.  There were times I spent an hour or two just running back and forth listening to NPCs talk.  I also thought the quest tracker in those games weren't always optimized.  Some quests would still be active, but you couldn't complete them until you did some other random quest.  It was confusing.

You can build a low/medium gaming PC pretty cheap. My graphics card is old and still runs all the games on ultra with a very decent to great FPS rate. I've been out of PC gaming after Wildstar Online was out and Zarr and I gave that a try.

I want to get back into it, but none of the games have a strong PvP element right now. **** grinding for hours only to have a mediocre PvP experience end game.

MMOs is sort of a dead stagnant genre right now. Everything that comes out is 80% like all the MMOs we have seen before, and 20% new mechanics, new ideas, different stuff. It's just not enough to draw me back in either. I liked wildstar actually, but just didn't want to grind out another game that will never completely end. I'm interested to see how ESO online does on consoles since its a pretty huge launch for MMOs. Other than Final Fantasy 14 and FF11, Console players haven't had much exposure to MMOs so I'm glad they are getting a chance to experience another one.

In Regards to Witcher 3, if I were you all I'd try my best to hold off playing it until about a month after release. Even though I completely trust CDPR and they did delay the game because they felt it needed more polish and bug fixes.... Things still are always ****ed up in some way at launch because these open world games are just massive and a small pool of QA testers have no chance to catch and find all the problems/bugs like Millions of people can. Especially on the PC where there are thousands of different system setups. A lot of these types of RPGs released in recent years have had MAJOR game breaking bugs the first week or so they get patched out quickly, but if you encounter them could ruined your play through and even at worst make you have to restart. So yeah, I normally wait to play newer games like this until a few patches have been released. Don't get me wrong, you could play from day one release and beat it encountering nothing major, but just the chances of me playing a game like Skyrim, Witcher 3 and getting 60 hours in just to have a main quest be bugged and not able to complete or getting a corrupted save and having to start over from the beginning ruins games like this for me and I normally won't restart. I just hope the PC version wasnt gimped in anyway to make the experience equal to the console experience. Watchdogs did that and gimped the PC version so it wouldn't look too much better than the console releases which is just complete horse**** and why I will never support that game for that decision. XBONE did get busted advertising Witcher 3 with PC screenshots and videos so I'm thinking they didn't level the playing field for all 3 systems or else XBONE would be using promotion from their own system running the game.

Was playing pillars of eternity back in March and stopped my play through rather early because people were getting corrupted saves, inventory items deleted, skill points deleted or exponentially multiplied so your guys were super overpowered, unbalanced super overpowered spells that allowed you to cake walk through the hardest difficulty. Things like that so having not encountered anything huge yet I stopped playing. They have patched and balanced the game 4-5 times since release and all that stuff is sorted so ill be picking it back up soon. That's just one example of a massive RPG game that had game breaking issues at release. So yeah, I cannot wait to play Witcher 3.... But ill be enjoying it probably in July at hopefully a discount lol. Witcher 3 just promises to be too good a game to risk having something stupid happening and ruining the experience for me personally.

I do have issues with the first two Witcher games. There was a huge difference in combat between 1 and 2, but they were still both clunky. I also thought the Witcher 1 & 2 were way too story driven, to the point where there seemed to be more listening to dialogue than there was action and exploring. There were times I spent an hour or two just running back and forth listening to NPCs talk. I also thought the quest tracker in those games weren't always optimized. Some quests would still be active, but you couldn't complete them until you did some other random quest. It was confusing.

Witcher 1 was DEF a huge grind, slog to play through at times and had clunky strange combat. It got better with Witcher 2 but still wasnt perfect. It made a huge leap with improvements in pretty much all areas though so I'm really excited for Witcher 3. Really hoping they nail the formula on their 3rd release and there really is no reason not to think they will as CDPR is one of the better development teams in the RPG business right now. They love their fans and have a passion for making the games they make which normally results in happy consumers. My only fear is if they watered it down a little too much to try and appeal to a wider fan base. They did it from Witcher 1 to 2, but they made the right changes because Witcher 1 was just a super RPG that turned off some people. Witcher 2 they watered it down a little bit and it actually was for the better, however people still thought it was still a little too wordy, grindy and still not happy with combat.... So I hope they don't water things down too much to cater to that crowd. If the story and substory/plots are good I don't mind reading/listening to it all as I like a lot of reading/dialog in my RPGs if the world is interesting. Pillars of Eternity has A LOT of reading but the story, characters and writing is so good that it is a joy to read through everything and you really don't notice all too much even though there is a lot.

Edit: Damn I keep forgetting that a bunch of months back things were changed to not automatically combining consecutive posts into one post if you are posting two replies In a row. Guess ill have to stop being lazy and reading the entire last page or two of a thread instead of reading up to a post I want to reply to, replying and then continuing on in the thread so ill know if I need the multi quote option.

I do think the Witcher series is too wordy and has too many cut-scenes, but that's just my opinion.  Others might like that.  Don't get me wrong.  I love to read.  I read books all the time.  I recently finished the GoT books and Stephen King's "The Stand", which was 1400 pages.  It's just that with video games, I enjoy playing them more than reading them.  I love Skyrim and Oblivion because while there is a little bit of listening and reading with the NPCs, the dialogue and story is usually concise and not bloviated.  The story gets to the point fast, then you spend most of the time dungeon crawling and exploring.  I felt the Witcher series spent too much time with cut-scenes and dialogue, and not enough emphasis on dungeon crawling.  Again, that's just a personal preference.

To recap: Rumor now is that Guillermo del Toro's production company Mirada Studios made a cinematic Fallout 4 trailer for E3 this year.

There is also a 20-30 min gameplay demo ready for behind closed doors media sessions.

And the game is supposed to be set in Boston.

I think that's all I have now.

mother of god. Is there a way Bethesda can take my money now? Lord knows us Fallout junkies are beyond ready, it's been rive years since New Vegas. And for next gen? Ugggghhhhhh

111492-Natalie-Portman-OMG-gif-Oh-My-x0R

Haha I read The Stand too. Love Sephen King.

Anyway, on topic, I think that's how Mass Effect 1 was (very wordy) and i loved it for it. That's what I remember most of the game was the incredible conversations. It was just on another level from standard NPC characters.

So if the Witcher 3 is like that too, that will be fine with me. I also never complain about too many cut scenes as long as there is enough gameplay to go along it, similar to TLOU. Lots of cutscenes but they drove a beautiful story and were spread out by quality gameplay segments.

have you guys seen the new promotion. if you preorder from Target, you get the game at a 30% discount. thinking about picking up PGA golf 15.

That's a pretty good deal. I'm also interested in the new PGA series and I read it has fantasy courses which hopefully will bring a bit of freshness to the same old.

Haha I read The Stand too. Love Sephen King.

Anyway, on topic, I think that's how Mass Effect 1 was (very wordy) and i loved it for it. That's what I remember most of the game was the incredible conversations. It was just on another level from standard NPC characters.

So if the Witcher 3 is like that too, that will be fine with me. I also never complain about too many cut scenes as long as there is enough gameplay to go along it, similar to TLOU. Lots of cutscenes but they drove a beautiful story and were spread out by quality gameplay segments.

That's a pretty good deal. I'm also interested in the new PGA series and I read it has fantasy courses which hopefully will bring a bit of freshness to the same old.

I played Mass Effect 1 also.  While Mass Effect had a good chunk of dialogue, it also had a lot of action too which helped balance everything out. 

Lol @ bethesda. Their troll game is strong. Some folks are freaking out, thinking Doom is their big reveal game.

Fallout 4 is an RPG, Doom is an FPS. with E3, Bethesda is registered to reveal an RPG. Fallout lives. I know it.................I know it :(

Lol @ bethesda. Their troll game is strong. Some folks are freaking out, thinking Doom is their big reveal game.

Fallout 4 is an RPG, Doom is an FPS. with E3, Bethesda is registered to reveal an RPG. Fallout lives. I know it.................I know it :(

Don't worry, they won't make it out of E3 alive if they don't reveal Fallout 4

^ Any word on how big the world is? After seeing some footage, it looked like hours and hours and hours of gameplay possibilities

It looks massive...

0bThhDB.jpg

The rest of the map you can't see above

the-witcher-3-world-map.jpg?w=624

Witcher 3 is definitely an upgrade over the first two in all respects. Really fun game so far.

Probably won't be picking it up until next week since I'm busy moving this week.

Keep us posted on what you think

The witcher is a game I think I would really like, and may end up buying when the price goes down. It would have been a game that I would have bought for sure IF you could make and customize your own character rather than having to play the one they give you.  I don't like that at all and can't invest in it.  Its hard to believe that in a game with a massive open world like that, they force you to be a specific character.

The witcher is a game I think I would really like, and may end up buying when the price goes down. It would have been a game that I would have bought for sure IF you could make and customize your own character rather than having to play the one they give you.  I don't like that at all and can't invest in it.  Its hard to believe that in a game with a massive open world like that, they force you to be a specific character.

I see that point and really appreciate something like the TES series where you can pick a bunch of different races and customization options for your character.

But playing as a specific character also allows you the creator the chance to tell a more tightly focused story revolving around a character that will exist the same in all worlds. So from a narrative perspective it makes sense.  

Archived