DM72

Xbox One Vs Ps4

I used to have a top end gaming PC and it's amazing how much better everything looks on PC, but I also like being able to play console on my couch on a big screen.

I play my PC games on a big screen with controller *shrug*.

For some reason my Netflix will no longer load on my One. It works on my iPad, iPhone and PS4 but just force closes after getting stuck on the load screen on my Xbox. I've done a hard restart, I've deleted and reinstalled the app and I've done a mass sign out for all devices, still nothing. ****s really starting to piss me off.

Thanks for the link bro. I really appreciate it.

I play my PC games on a big screen with controller *shrug*.

I wish I could play Diablo 3 on PC with a controller.  That's one game where I prefer the console version over the PC version.  I do have my PC hooked up to my TV, but it is easier for me to use a controller while sitting in my recliner than it is using a keyboard and mouse.  It seems like all the games I play, it's 50/50 on whether they have controller support or not.

Edited by War Paint

I wish I could play Diablo 3 on PC with a controller. That's one game where I prefer the console version over the PC version. I do have my PC hooked up to my TV, but it is easier for me to use a controller while sitting in my recliner than it is using a keyboard and mouse. It seems like all the games I play, it's 50/50 on whether they have controller support or not.

Soon as steam machines are on the market, everything will support the steam controller I'm sure. You can also get programs like keytojoy that allow you to map keyboard keys to a controller if it doesn't support but yeah I get your point that's a pain in the ass when can just turn on a console. PC gaming and steam are getting there, 5 years from now PCs in the living room entering the console battle will be a real thing.... It's still not quite there.

I've been on a huge Metroidvania kick so I have a few recs for anyone with a couple bucks and a PC. I consider a metroidvania game a game where you explore a lot, find power ups that allow you to access new areas unreachable before, tons of secrets, lots of boss battles.

Ori and the Blind Forest

UnEpic (has RPG elements and is pretty damn funny)

La Mulana

Environmental Station Alpha

Castle in the Darkness

Axiom Verge (on ps4 now, coming PC May 14th. Entire game made by just ONE guy and is being called basically a modern day metroid game).

Chasm (one to keep an eye on for sure I think is coming this summer)

Other than axiom verge, which I haven't played yet, I enjoyed all those games as much as any triple a title I've played in recent years so def worth checking out. Especially if you grew up playing NES and SNES. All those games $19.99 or less. I think could actually pick them all up for $60 which is such a steal. I couldn't even recommend any of those over the others because I enjoyed them all very much and they each vary a little bit. Unepic has RPG elements and is written real well, La Mulana is hard and cryptic as hell, so much to that game, Ori and the Blind Forest isn't that hard at all, but is a beautiful game, Castle in the Darkness is just overall very good and the right mix of difficulty, secrets, back tracking, and environmental station alpha makes me think I'm playing the original Metroid in NES. Really can't go wrong with any of them if you enjoy metroidvania games.

Edited by Zazzaro703

I love games like Metroid.  It's one of my favorite formulas for a game.  I was thinking about re-buying Symphony of the Night at the PS Store.  I don't understand why there aren't more modern 2d side scrolling, Metroid like games, with up to date graphics.   I guess too many developers feel young people who never grew up playing games like that won't buy their games.  I'll have to check out games like Metroid on steam. 

Could you clarify what you mean about PCs not being convenient or accessible? As for exclusive titles, that's the same when considering any platform Choose a PS4 and you're foregoing the XBone and Wii U exclusives and so on. Thing is, though, much like the PS4 and Xbone get a lot of the same games, the PC gets most of those same games, plus it also has it's own exclusives. And as far as backwards compatibility goes, well PC does a pretty good job of that (although I'm not sure I'd use the term backwards compatibility since it's pretty much the same platform just upgraded)

Refer to the other posts on this page for what I mean. A guy has to get a handful of links and do a bunch of research to figure out how to proceed with a PC. And even then, he may need upgrades after a few years and will be adjusting settings per game and stuff like that to optimize. It's just not ideal for most people compared to picking up a box in a store (even if it is higher end) and having everything you need. And you get classic franchises that you grew up with and have loved for years. Whether that's PS, MS or Nintendo exclusives, you have the option based on the system. You miss out on these and have all the extra work associated with a PC?

You seem to have initially disagreed with me but then come to realize the wisdom in my words as you were writing it out realizing that regardless of the canvas size, they'll keep putting that whole canvas into moar graphix. Seriously, though, I don't see the point in a game console that costs as much as a PC and attempts to be more than a game console instead of just being a really good game console.

While some developers will definitely continue to churn out the same games with enhanced graphics, giving them a greater system eliminates the choice that many studios find not having enough system resources to provide both innovative game designs as well as having graphics that will turn heads and sell. A more powerful game console can do that both and I think you'd see many studios take advantage of that. 

I love the entertainment aspect of the newer consoles. I don't care for all the social media links because I don't really participate in that but I do enjoy having the Apps that I do on the PS4 and One that I can mess with outside of games and switch back and forth seamlessly. However, it shouldn't come at the expense of reducing the gaming possibilities. 

Well it's not proper for this generation of consoles, I don't think; they're just not powerful enough for VR. There's still plenty of room for technology to grow, it just might not in the way it had been. I'm on board with Nintendo's strategy of trying to change the way we interact with games.

I love Nintendo but I haven't been impressed with either the Wii or Wii U and their strategy for those systems. I'm all about changing the way we interact with games but they need to develop a greater system first and then worry about being innovative before they become irrelevant. What have they done innovative with the gamepad? It's great that I can see inventory or a map without having to pause but I'm still taking my eyes off the TV/Game which is essentially hitting pause anyway. I was pretty excited for it at first and I love that I can play games on the controller with the tv turned to DirecTV or a movie but nothing great has come from it. I'll admit, I think technology probably limited the effectiveness of the Wii because 1:1 motion controls would be amazing for gaming but it just didn't turn out that way for the Wii or Kinect, which was disappointing.

We're ****ting on the industry for being bland an unoriginal.

I meant the industry lol

I love games like Metroid.  It's one of my favorite formulas for a game.  I was thinking about re-buying Symphony of the Night at the PS Store.  I don't understand why there aren't more modern 2d side scrolling, Metroid like games, with up to date graphics.   I guess too many developers feel young people who never grew up playing games like that won't buy their games.  I'll have to check out games like Metroid on steam. 

Check out Ori and the Blind Forest for sure. Fantastic game. Nice learning curve, just amazing graphics and art design, beautifully told story and nice replay value going for 100% and faster times. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Can anyone tell me if Dragon's Age and Shadows of Mordor are good on the PS3? I have read conflicting reviews. I am still on PS3, about to beat GTA, and will hook up with Diablo next. However, I don't want to buy a new system yet if it is not head and shoulders above what I can currently purchase. I have other things to spend money on at the moment, but don't want to waste money and time on a hugely inferior product.

I have a lot going on at the moment and if I don't respond, I just want to say thank you in advance. Don't want to come off as rude.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

There are a bunch of them on PC/Steam. Def check out the ones i listed because all of them are excellent and it's one of my favorite game types as well. Funny thing about Axiom Verge, the Developer had a panel at some game conference and the Vice President of Nintendo tried to troll him and commented on how similiar it was to metroid. Before he could answer, someone in the crowd yelled "If you wont make a real metroid, we will". Reverse trolled, went onto the next question.

Edited by Zazzaro703

Can anyone tell me if Dragon's Age and Shadows of Mordor are good on the PS3? I have read conflicting reviews. I am still on PS3, about to beat GTA, and will hook up with Diablo next. However, I don't want to buy a new system yet if it is not head and shoulders above what I can currently purchase. I have other things to spend money on at the moment, but don't want to waste money and time on a hugely inferior product.

I have a lot going on at the moment and if I don't respond, I just want to say thank you in advance. Don't want to come off as rude.

I would get a PS4 and pick up Bloodborne. Honeslty, one of the best games I have played in the last decade. In the top 5 for sure. A great action-RPG that starts off hard, but once you get the swing of it, there is no going back. It also does an amazing creepy atmosphere and has some awesome lore.

• Like 2

Both games look god awful on ps3- literally an par with a ps2 version. If you don't believe me, youtube it. However, if graphics are the least of your concerns, i believe the the gameplay aspects are nearly identical between the ps3 and ps4 versions for both games. 

Though it may be time to invest in a current-gen system..

• Like 1

For those looking forward to The Witcher 3, but never played the franchise before, Witcher 1 & 2 are on sale this weekend at steam.  Witcher 1 is $1.49 and Witcher 2 is $2.99.  So for the price of a burger, you can pick up two good games that will get you familiar with the franchise.

Yeah, Bloodborne and the Witcher are making me want a new system.  I'm not a graphics whore, but really don't want to play anything below par.  So, I guess I will wait to play Dragon's Age and Shadow until I get the PS4.  Maybe this summer.  Recently decided to give a Demon's Souls another go.

Yeah, I like good graphics, but it isn't the #1 thing for me.  Game play is my #1 thing.  I've been playing Oblivion and even though the graphics are bit dated, I'm still having a lot of fun.  I'm kind of getting in the mood to play some Red Dead Redemption again.  Heck, I've been playing some old school Baldur's Gate too.

Edited by War Paint

Ps3 version of Mordor (and 360) I'm pretty sure doesnt have the nemesis system. Was t strong enough for it. If thats the case and im pretty sure it is, Mordor is not worth it it can get for the current consoles at some point down the road.

Edited by Zazzaro703
  • Like 1

So for the first time in a while, Bethesda has stuff going on at E3.  The rumors for a Fallout 4 announcement have been swirling, so much so that Bethesda's official twitter page addressed them. 

Guys, if (when) Fallout 4 comes, just wanna say it's been nice knowing you folks.  See you in six months.  I'm going underground

• Like 2

So for the first time in a while, Bethesda has stuff going on at E3. The rumors for a Fallout 4 announcement have been swirling, so much so that Bethesda's official twitter page addressed them.

Guys, if (when) Fallout 4 comes, just wanna say it's been nice knowing you folks. See you in six months. I'm going underground

You can still post in the movie thread from underground right?

You can still post in the movie thread from underground right?

is Alfred Morris more beast than man?  hell yeah he is.  Hell yeah I will.  B)

June 14th for Bethesda's big announcement.  T-minus 37 days until possible quantum fap. 

• Like 1

I still need to play Fallout 3 again. Damn DLC ruined my save file back in 2009 and devastated me to the point where I could never lay eyes upon it again

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Sin, did you play new vegas? And sucks that your 3 saves got jacked....but that's just another reason to start over :)

Downloaded the free game "AirMechs" from PSN this month.

Game is absolute crack.

You own a transformer/gundam type robot and basically a MOBA type game.  You build and deploy combat troops with your robot.

Fired it up and the next thing I know it was 1030 and I had to go to bed LOL.  Today I'm sucking.

Pretty cool.

• Like 3

good look, Goon.  saw it but had no intentions of DL'ing.