Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

No, it's coming out on the PS4 and Xbox One too.

i-4c1cdd8783e8ebcc30f65fe4db62d368-tiger

That **** looks amazing

Ok...who's playing the story line of MKX?

Lol Sinister you need to change your avi...lol

He had already undergone a huge makeover prior to X, so this is really just paying homage to the original MK's

MTGTM I was a strictly console guy forever. Bought a gaming pc a few months ago and man it is awesome. I haven't even touched the xbone in a month or so. Steam I would say without a doubt is the greatest invention ever. Lol

Games are so cheap on there that you really have no reason to even go back to console. Unless obviously it's an exclusive or something or your pc can't run it.

Just amazing deals on there.

Welcome to the Club. Steam does dominate and that alienware is steam machine ready. So you should be able to upgrade pieces in there but do not hold me to that. If you aren't getting a good discount on steam or it's a new game, go through Green Man Gaming and 98% of their games are steam keys anyways. GMG has pretty much an always running voucher that is 20%-25% off so if i can't wait for a game to hit a steam sale, i normally just buy from there. Cannot even remember the last time i spent $60 on any game. Above $40 is even rare and that's to get games like DA3, GTAV and new stuff but those are always between $40-$45.

Welcome to the Club. Steam does dominate and that alienware is steam machine ready. So you should be able to upgrade pieces in there but do not hold me to that. If you aren't getting a good discount on steam or it's a new game, go through Green Man Gaming and 98% of their games are steam keys anyways. GMG has pretty much an always running voucher that is 20%-25% off so if i can't wait for a game to hit a steam sale, i normally just buy from there. Cannot even remember the last time i spent $60 on any game. Above $40 is even rare and that's to get games like DA3, GTAV and new stuff but those are always between $40-$45.

Yea i just took advantage of the deal where they had all the GTAs other than GTA V for $10. Cant beat that. will have to checkout GMG

Ok, it looks sick. The HDR is incredible. Looks like Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. This is an FPS?

I'm not a Star Wars geek but the graphics were incredible.

How many times did you guys wet your pants when Darth Vader stepped on the scene. And then Boba Fett... Had to get a mop huh?

I don't mind pre-ordering at all.  There is less need for it as opposed to 10 years ago.  I remember if you didn't pre-order say Madden and didn't stand in line for a midnight madness sale, you might not get a copy for 1-2 weeks after the release date. 

Now, you can go in the store and buy it the day its released.  Digital downloads are great, and since both new gen systems download the game onto the hard drive anyhow, and you don't save any more space using on or the other.  Though, owning the disc allows you to install the game or take it to a friends house to play.

Game installs are faster from the disc than downloading then patching.  Hardline, I started downloading it at 8pm the night before release, and I could not play multiplayer until close to midnight the next day (had to be at 100%).  Did it kill me?  Nah, but it was annoying.

I still pre-order sometimes though and have it shipped to my house.  I'm lazy.  You also can save some money by pre-ordering, on games that will eventually have DLC you have to pay for.  Or get some extra content, etc.  I really don't have a problem with it, I'm paying either the same amount of money for the game or saving some in the future on new content.

Most of the games I buy anyhow, I'm gonna buy regardless of needing to test them out prior to (Madden, NBA 2K, MLB the Show, CoD, BF, etc.).  

I'm the same way Taze. If I know I'm going to buy a game, I might as well throw $5 on it a couple months in advance so I can get an extra goodie or two.

I preordered Arkham Knight. I don't need to wait for reviews, that's a publisher and franchise I believe in. I'm on board 100% so Id be foolish not to pick up my favorite of the retail extra content by preordering. Same with other franchises that are always high quality and a favorite of mine.

I'd much rather do that than buy day one and not get anything or buy digital without any incentive.

Guess what? I can wait until after the game releases and reviews are out to pick it up too while still getting the extra content and if reviews are bad, I can cancel my preorder and throw that $5 onto something else.

But it has changed a lot from how it used to be, where preorders were youre only way to guarantee access. I get that. Staying up all night for midnight release of Halo 3 and the absolute block party that was going on at GameStop that night is one of my favorite video game related memories. Sadly, those days are long gone.

It's true, there is no such thing as up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, select, start in video games any more. There is nothing hidden. There are no Easter eggs. There is stuff that you can get for extra if you pay for it. The secret levels are DLC.

The games don't cost 59.99 any more. They cost 59.99 plus 14.99 every 3 months for a year (that's an extra $60) plus an extra 2.99 or 4.99 here or there for extra "skins" or other bull****. In total, a game like COD, or BF or Madden will cost well over $100 if you buy all the **** they want you to buy. **** that used to come free with the game as a hidden bonus for people who played hard enough or long enough or figured out the secret or their friends told them.

Marketing I suppose.

We are all marks.

It's true, there is no such thing as up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, select, start in video games any more. There is nothing hidden. There are no Easter eggs. There is stuff that you can get for extra if you pay for it. The secret levels are DLC.

The games don't cost 59.99 any more. They cost 59.99 plus 14.99 every 3 months for a year (that's an extra $60) plus an extra 2.99 or 4.99 here or there for extra "skins" or other bull****. In total, a game like COD, or BF or Madden will cost well over $100 if you buy all the **** they want you to buy. **** that used to come free with the game as a hidden bonus for people who played hard enough or long enough or figured out the secret or their friends told them.

Marketing I suppose.

We are all marks.

As much as it sucks for the consumer, can't expect them to leave that kind of money on the table. Especially with what I assume to be a rising cost of developing games. Don't have numbers to back it up, but with each year and generation, people expect a higher standard of graphics/details/support/servers etc from each game.

They have to offset that cost somehow. If people are willing to pay for it, then there's nothing we can do other than accept that the value proposition has changed.

But I agree. It sucks! Miss the days of playing rogue squadron on my n64 and GameCube and searching cheat planet for codes to fly around in the Slave one or unlock a secret level.

Archived