Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I've heard this could be related to one of two things:

1- Under the settings, do you have the sound set to HDMI or optical? It should be HDMI

2- Could be a PS4 system issue. Have you downloaded any system updates since setting up for the first time?

Thanks for the advice, I checked the settings and it was set on HDMI and I am still having the problems. I did one initial system update like 2 weeks ago when I first turned on the PS4 to set it up, haven't seen any new ones since then. Guess I will have to take back the PS4, not much fun moving the puck up the ice for a breakaway or 2 on 1 and the screen goes black for 3sec!!

I have not had this problem.  If I'm not mistaken, and fellas jump in any time to correct, but I thought that even if you bought the disc version, it downloaded the game on the system hard drive so load times would be faster and it doesn't actually play from the disc?  

If you got a hold of a bad game/disc I guess it could have messed up or if you did the digital download it may have messed up.  I'd try deleting the game save data first, then reinstalling the game.  If that doesn't work, borrow a game from a friend or rent one and see if any problems happen.  If not, take the game back and get a new one.  If so, take back the PS4 and get another one.

I thought you had to have the disc in to play the game am I wrong about this? I took the disc out and it wouldn't play, did I not download the game correct or do you need the disc in to play? Thanks for the help guys

Smoreese, 

Do you have the PS4 going through a receiver? Or is it directly plugged into the HDMI port on the TV? If it's a receiver, you might be having some crosstalk happening between the devices plugged into the receiver. You will probably have to do a process of elimination on what to remove from being plugged into the receiver to get any PS4 to work then. 

The other option is to try a different HDMI cable. It could be simply a defective cable. 

I have NHL 15 and have played numerous amounts of time. I have never had this problem with it or other games. I think you should try another game and see if the problem continues or play a dvd. If it happens again, then you have a hardware issue, if not, then it is just the game.

Finally signed up for Ustream and Twitch. Broadcasted some Battlefield 4 game play this weekend with ES-PS4 Mark, we had 6 viewers at one point. Baller lol.

I like broadcasting though, wl probably do it from now on every time I'm online

Anybody heard anything on MGS: The Phantom Pain?

It's Hideo Kojima, I'm buying it lol

Finally signed up for Ustream and Twitch. Broadcasted some Battlefield 4 game play this weekend with ES-PS4 Mark, we had 6 viewers at one point. Baller lol.

I like broadcasting though, wl probably do it from now on every time I'm online

You going to try and get the phantom bow?

Thanks for the advice, I checked the settings and it was set on HDMI and I am still having the problems. I did one initial system update like 2 weeks ago when I first turned on the PS4 to set it up, haven't seen any new ones since then. Guess I will have to take back the PS4, not much fun moving the puck up the ice for a breakaway or 2 on 1 and the screen goes black for 3sec!!

I thought you had to have the disc in to play the game am I wrong about this? I took the disc out and it wouldn't play, did I not download the game correct or do you need the disc in to play? Thanks for the help guys

You still need the disc to start the game, but I think the majority of play is accessed from the hard drive because all games (including the discs and digital downloads) install to the hard drive for faster access times and play.  I was thinking you might have had a bad download to the hard drive.  

It's Hideo Kojima, I'm buying it lol

Lol so true. Just curious to see if theres any new info on some of the characters, and if Solid Snake may make an appearance. Ive already seen stills of what look to be Ocelot, Psycho Mantis, and a young Liquid. Figures that Gray Fox/Naomi may make an appearance as well. Even playing Ground Zeroes which is the prequel, they give away pretty much nothing other than Paz knowing/giving the location of Zero to the deformed XOF guy.

Knowing Kojima, this one is going to be kept very close to the vest. I love that guy.

Curently playing PeaceWalker, and I am havinv a blast building up the base and leveling up skills and weapons. Its also plugging a lot of holes that I encountered in Ground Zeroes, as I had limited knowledge of Big Boss` storyline beyond MGS3: Snake Eater

I'd love to, but don't have a clue how to find the tags and stuff lol

Did you unlock the phantom assignments through the battle log?

Lol so true. Just curious to see if theres any new info on some of the characters, and if Solid Snake may make an appearance. Ive already seen stills of what look to be Ocelot, Psycho Mantis, and a young Liquid. Figures that Gray Fox/Naomi may make an appearance as well. Even playing Ground Zeroes which is the prequel, they give away pretty much nothing other than Paz knowing/giving the location of Zero to the deformed XOF guy.

Knowing Kojima, this one is going to be kept very close to the vest. I love that guy.

Curently playing PeaceWalker, and I am havinv a blast building up the base and leveling up skills and weapons. Its also plugging a lot of holes that I encountered in Ground Zeroes, as I had limited knowledge of Big Boss` storyline beyond MGS3: Snake Eater

Snake Eater was awesome and informed you so much of the story. The only one I've wanted and didn't get to play was the twin snakes. My brother still has his old GameCube and I've thought about sourcing a copy. Metal gear and Resident evil, well older Resident evils, are just epic franchises. No other games do it for me like these two series.

Did you unlock the phantom assignments through the battle log?

Snake Eater was awesome and informed you so much of the story. The only one I've wanted and didn't get to play was the twin snakes. My brother still has his old GameCube and I've thought about sourcing a copy. Metal gear and Resident evil, well older Resident evils, are just epic franchises. No other games do it for me like these two series.

Yeah man. Im a humongous MGS mark. Ever since I played that demo that came out back in fall of `98. Everything Kojima touches turns to gold. Thats another reason why I am excited to see he and Guillermo Del Toro are doing Silent Hill, which is a franchise that needs a shot in the arm

Theyre doing it big with Big Boss though. They are saying that this is going to be the game where he finally snaps, and starts planting the seeds for the Outer Heaven/Zanzibar Land Disturbance incidents. This also comes with Kojima mentioning somewhere that he's not done with Solid Snake.

That leads me to believe that we may see the prime FoxHound Snake that killed Gray Fox and Big Boss. That would be epic.

Looks like it will be another gen with Metal Gear at the forefront.

Nope. Any clue how to?

If you pull up the leaderboard on the battle log and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you'll see a little skull off to the left of the screen. Just click on it. After that you'll have to punch in three codes on the next screen. It really is kinda ridiculous the wild goose chase they sent people on for this thing.

yeah, i heard finding the codes is a real doozy.  I'll probably end up youtubing it LOL

Yea, i watched the video. its like 15 mins long. Involves finding tiny little white boxes scattered around the maps then finding Morris code beacons and then having three players join up in the elevator which they all have to have different dog-tags in order to access the vault. Doesnt sound like fun. lol

Yea, i watched the video. its like 15 mins long. Involves finding tiny little white boxes scattered around the maps then finding Morris code beacons and then having three players join up in the elevator which they all have to have different dog-tags in order to access the vault. Doesnt sound like fun. lol

lord have mercy.  that does sound like a lot.

funny too because i've joined a bunch of Final Stand lobbies that say "easter egg/crossbow only" and i end up wrecking folks and then I get kicked LOL

Archived