Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

6 hours ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Thought I'd ask the fam on here: I'm a Playstation fan boy, so I enjoy collecting PS games here and there. As far as sports games go, everyone knows that they're never worth anything since new ones are constantly coming out. However, I had the idea of maybe searching for ones that feature DC athletes on the covers (if they exist). Does anyone know of any offhand? Thanks

I want to say Ovi was on a couple NHL Games

After typing that i googled "Ovechkin video game cover" and was not diasappointed lol.  NHL 07 is pure gold.  I found:

NHL 07

NHL 2K10

I honestly can't pull any more.... don't think Bryce has been on a game yet, or any of the Redskins.  There are a ton of renderings out there that weren't actually released with the game. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why you say that? I **** AI up. 

Been playing the World Of Light campaign.  Some of them are really tricky, and not just because of they're powered up.  They've really improved the ability to dodge attacks.  Hitting the Big Boss-spirited Zero Suit Samus is like trying to thread a needle in a hurricane.

23 hours ago, Llevron said:

There is a much better spot. Basically the more enemies and the higher the spawn rate the better. When I go home ima look at my map and I’ll let you know

I don't know whats going on in this game.  I played it on PC at launch, took full advantage of any leveling exploits/glitches (plague beast that respawned instantly in the same spot, set-up a macro to swing my weapons at it and as long as you got a hit, you got XP, maxed out all my armor and every weapon and spell I had and went from level 14 to 27 or so, etc. etc.).

When it launched on PS4/XB1 I power leveled my first character (the mag sorc) to level 47 in a week just running through the grinding spots I knew to use from leveling alts on the PC after all the glitches were fixed.  

Here I am now, with a 50% XP scroll on and only gaining around 2 levels last night grinding.  It's been a long time since I played, but I don't recall it ever taking this long for me to level.  I'd usually be mid teens by now not really putting in much effort, especially with XP boost.  I'm a whopping near level 6.  

Is it my new class, Warden Frost Mage?  Cause my sole AOE spell does ok right now, but there are no nukes, I basically can only put down Impaling Shards and shoot a soul trap level 1 spell at them, then have to bash them with an axe........cause I can't afford a staff yet.  

Does that staying in one spot to level 1-50 only work on alts where you have a character ranked 50?  Or a level 50 with max Champion Points?  Cause I like the idea of grinding one spot, regardless of how boring it gets, if it maximizes my leveling time.  I hate questing and don't care about going through the story quest again, but if that will level me faster at lower levels, I'll do it.

Damn I forgot about you dude my bad. I gotta look and see what the deal is. Last time I power leveled a toon was about 6 months ago so I would be surprised if it changed since then. But mmos are like that so I could have. 

I know now for a fact that the fastest way to level are the dailies, but grinding is the second most productive. 

My bad, dog was throwing up feathers (ate a pillow) all night so I was pre occupied with that. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Damn I forgot about you dude my bad. I gotta look and see what the deal is. Last time I power leveled a toon was about 6 months ago so I would be surprised if it changed since then. But mmos are like that so I could have. 

I know now for a fact that the fastest way to level are the dailies, but grinding is the second most productive. 

My bad, dog was throwing up feathers (ate a pillow) all night so I was pre occupied with that. 

It's all good dawg, hope your pup is ok.  Not really playing since it launched on PS4...........it's a ****ing ESO overload for me, I feel clueless :ols:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 9:51 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

@Llevron Question, I read somewhere that the mobs now scale with your character level so you can find one spot to grind from 1-50.  Is that correct?  If so, what is the best/fastest grinding spot to level at?  

I read a post where one guy was saying Fullhelm Fort in The Rift zone

Image result for eso rift fullhelm fort

I bought a house in that zone, then made my way there last night, grinded some of the mobs, didn't seem that fast at all.   

Edit:  @Mr. Sinister  Did you get ESO Plus included in your bundle?  

Yes, but I'm regretting the purchase. Too farm-y, and overly bland questing. Gonna put it up soon. PvP/PvE is also annoying, like I figured. Don't enjoy getting my ass whooped by a bunch of supernatural ninjas and people running around with killer bears and jellyfish.

Saw a nice Trumpy exchange in one zone too. Basically, I abhor online gaming, and this just is not the game for me. People online are just as awesome as ever. Collection of bros, boph's (basement of parents house) and kids (one wanted to show me a list of a bunch of pictures he took of his animals, before I blocked him, deleted everone, and just went back to questing).

After exploring the region however, I am confident that an Elder Scrolls: Hammerfell would be simply wonderous. Always liked the Redguards and the lore-books surrounding the region. Combination of South/North african, middle Eastern and Southeast Asian concepts.

And @Llevron, there are 3 grind spots in the Alik'r Desert. It's a bunch of dolemen's, and you can port from one to the other in a clockwise triangle. Pretty high xp, and good loot every minute or so, if you wanna torture yourself.

I am putting this one in the figurative trash heap though. Buying Spider-Man when I get home.

For all the Super Smash Bros Ultimate players out there, if you haven't looked and want to unlock all the characters fast you can do a little trick in Smash mode.

Go into Smash mode, set up one rule-set for a timed match, make it 10 mins, set up a 2nd rule-set for a stock of one.  Play the 10 min match with your favorite character, whip on the CPU.  Once the match is over, it should open the "A new foe has appeared!" challenger approaching screen.  You get to fight against a character you haven't unlocked yet.  

Win or lose, hit the home screen button, close the game, restart the game.  Go back to Smash mode, select the stock of one match, whip the CPU and the challenger approaching screen should appear again with a new character to fight to unlock.  You can repeat this for multiple characters.  One thing I noticed after a while (the further along I got after unlocking tons of characters) that the trick seemed to work 2-3 times before it stopped putting new challengers in front of me.  So I was having to restart the game and play more of the 10 min matches again to re-trigger the trick.

Also, you can rematch the characters that beat you.  You go to the "Games and More" menu at in the bottom right corner there is an icon that will be glowing, you click on it and it says "Challengers Approach", click on it and it will match you against one of the previous characters that you got beat by and failed to unlock.  If the icon isn't there, just go play some online or solo matches for 10+ mins or so and check back.  Eventually, you will get everyone unlocked pretty fast (if that's what you want to do).

I started last Saturday around 10pm doing this playing for a few hours and unlocked all 71 characters yesterday evening.  Didn't really pay attention to total game time, I'd say on average I played 4 hours per day, give or take.  I'm up and down, getting interrupted, playing with the dogs, daughter, etc.  so even casually playing it should go really fast.

For the record, my favorite character to play with is R.O.B., mofo is definitely OP against the CPU and I can mess people up in online play when paired with a decent teammate.  

@Dont Taze Me Bro 71?  I think you may have missed a few.

As for me, Link had been my main for a long time, but I don't like the changes they made to the way he plays; it messes with my style too much.  Most notably the remote bombs and the lack of a hook-shot (or equivalent).  So I played through most of World Of Light with Shulk ('cause the first Xenoblade was fantastic).  I've since started experimenting with Young Link who still plays much like Link used to, but his lack of reach has been pretty limiting; doesn't have enough reach to hit players on the platform above him with his up-tilt on Battlefield, for example.  Plus his hook-shot doesn't reach as far as regular Link's used to, so I have to get used to that range.

11 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

As for me, Link had been my main for a long time, but I don't like the changes they made to the way he plays; it messes with my style too much.  Most notably the remote bombs and the lack of a hook-shot (or equivalent).  So I played through most of World Of Light with Shulk ('cause the first Xenoblade was fantastic).  I've since started experimenting with Young Link who still plays much like Link used to, but his lack of reach has been pretty limiting; doesn't have enough reach to hit players on the platform above him with his up-tilt on Battlefield, for example.  Plus his hook-shot doesn't reach as far as regular Link's used to, so I have to get used to that range.

Total to unlock in the game is 71, I got that message/achievement when I completed it.  I think there are 75 total, the Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter and Mii Gunner you have to create a Mii character for each and they automatically will appear (I really don't care to do that, at least not now) and I think there is the Piranha Plant, but I think that one was a early release bonus purchase (not sure).

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

I may give Link a try in this game. I don’t like the remote bombs and like them at the same time. I really wish I could just hit z to detonate them. That would make him 10 times better for me. Young link is great just no kill moves at low percentage. 

46 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Total to unlock in the game is 71, I got that message/achievement when I completed it.  I think there are 75 total, the Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter and Mii Gunner you have to create a Mii character for each and they automatically will appear (I really don't care to do that, at least not now) and I think there is the Piranha Plant, but I think that one was a early release bonus purchase (not sure).

Pirana plant isn’t out yet but is in like a few days or something. 

Also so I hate to tell you this now but your trick works with 1 stock fights too. That’s what i did. Unlocked them all in a night. 

Right now im Simon/Chrom/Fox but I don’t know if I like fox in this game. And I’m not that good with Chrom. But I can zone just about anyone with Simon. Haven’t lost online with him yet. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on VR? I'm thinking of investing in a set, seems like it'd be fun at parties and such. Most of my friends aren't really gamers but a few of us tried VR at a friend's and they seemed to enjoy it.

PSVR is pretty much all I've played this past year with the exception of some Switch games (primarily while traveling) and God of War.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on VR? I'm thinking of investing in a set, seems like it'd be fun at parties and such. Most of my friends aren't really gamers but a few of us tried VR at a friend's and they seemed to enjoy it.

I was on the fence about it and then played RE7 in VR and lost my ****. It was amazing and added so much to the experience and tension. Not being able to turn my head and see my living room just made it horrifying. 

That and a Batman VR game are all I’ve played but I came away thinking it wasn’t a gimmick at all. It’s an entirely new and engaging experience. It needs some fine tuning but it blew me away 

i need to get one. If RDR2 had it, I’d first person that in VR tomorrow and probably die of happiness lol. I can’t imagine being in a world like that in VR which is where it’ll be headed soon. Or imagine stepping onto the court in Madison Square Garden and how that would feel. 

I cant wait to see where it goes 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

@Mr. Sinister I’m sorry you didn’t like it playa! I really dig the game but it is a bit different than Skyrim or Oblivion. Especially before 60. The whole game kinda opens up then but it’s still an mmo

I'm at lvl 49. Got tired of getting my ads handed to me so I created to a character that is literally a craftsman, stealthing and Thieving  my way across Tamriel and getting my skills up.

It's killing me slowly. if I ever come back, my goal is to be able go supply the rest of my chars gets with virtually anything, and not invest any points into crafting. Just go straight combat. Then make a bunch of money via crafting and selling to other players.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Life is short, try it, just don't expect everyone to like it. 

I don't like anything covering my eyes, that's jus me, I'm wired to want to know what I'm looking at as it's meant to be and my peripherals available at all times.  I tried it, but i can't so it for long periods of time, it feels weird, like i get it, but you are basically emersed, and i enjoy peoples facial expression when we play, body language, stuff like that, giving each other the finger.  I don't even wear sunglasses.

Can PS Vue record DVR?  I check my available now that i have a PS4, i can get my wizards games and science channel website has vue as a service provider.  I would save money, but have to figure out what to do about the Nats games.  Anyone in DC area doing that?

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm at lvl 49. Got tired of getting my ads handed to me so I created to a character that is literally a craftsman, stealthing and Thieving  my way across Tamriel and getting my skills up.

Yea I tank my way through everything but I dont do enough DPS to solo quest. As crazy as that is. My toon is built to drag a group through a dungeon and nothing else. And he does that well.

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's killing me slowly. if I ever come back, my goal is to be able go supply the rest of my chars gets with virtually anything, and not invest any points into crafting. Just go straight combat. Then make a bunch of money via crafting and selling to other players.

I have another toon that is working on all Metal working/leather working/clothing. Hes almost maxed metal stuff. About half for the rest. So if thats your goal - save yourself time and focus on other stuff and together we can craft everything if we find the mats. 

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Can PS Vue record DVR?  I check my available now that i have a PS4, i can get my wizards games and science channel website has vue as a service provider.  I would save money, but have to figure out what to do about the Nats games.  Anyone in DC area doing that?

We're really enjoying Vue. It's incredible that just the 2nd tier package has everything that we would ever watch and then some. I am in the same boat with Nats games however. MASN is such an obscure channel it seems. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

So - not to ruin the party, but I have a friend who got ****ing EYE HERPES from sharing VR at a party. EYE ****ing HERPES, fellas. Eye herpes.  

Google that ****. 

I see all these people trying them at the mall now and it worries me. 

Well...id say that settles it...

Archived