Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

There's only like 30 hrs left for this, so i decided wtf, and decided to give it my best shot earlier tonight. Swore off all  exploration since Thurs. and went straight quest/stronghold/tomb raiding (basically the highest xp stuff), and am now lvl 27. Still ain't ****, but better than where i was

@codeorama almost had me drinking the kool aid for a second, but cuz was just stretching. Then I swear i just caught a slight finger poke, and crossed over :rofl89:

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

There's only like 30 hrs left for this, so i decided wtf, and decided to give it my best shot earlier tonight. Swore off all  exploration since Thurs. and went straight quest/stronghold/tomb raiding (basically the highest xp stuff), and am now lvl 27. Still ain't ****, but better than where i was

@codeorama almost had me drinking the kool aid for a second, but cuz was just stretching. Then I swear i just caught a slight finger poke, and crossed over :rofl89:

LOLOL  I tried too and was thinking I had a shot until those guys showed up...  

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bruh, I was sitting there watching you dink and dunk his total health down to 90% over 2 minutes or so just waiting to see what power move or adds he tossed at you, then BAM!  Mobs spawn and the one almost one shots you:rofl89:

Almost like the Souls games.  Where you don't really know what level you need to be to defeat a boss, so you try when you are way too weak and get annihilated.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Bruh, I was sitting there watching you dink and dunk his total health down to 90% over 2 minutes or so just waiting to see what power move or adds he tossed at you, then BAM!  Mobs spawn and the one almost one shots you:rofl89:

Almost like the Souls games.  Where you don't really know what level you need to be to defeat a boss, so you try when you are way too weak and get annihilated.

Exactly :ols:

Years of playing Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Metal Gear, and Souls has made me battle hardened, but still...

Dude had me like "I can do this! I can do this! I ca-"

cdva5eenl51z.gif

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I was going to, but heard it was a mess, just like the special edition that came out last year. Stopped playing it because it was such a cluster

I'm in the middle of playing the Special Edition now. Nice to have the fast load times and the DLC on disk, but other than that, not many improvements on the original. 

I liked the Special Edition, mainly because you could get the DLC on the disk on console. I don't have VR though on my PS4(still have the original from 2014 or whenever it came out).

I'm not super into VR like others but I love Skyrim and am intrigued by the possibility.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Man, the social media fallout on the new Star Wars game has been HEAVY.

Can't believe Disney is allowing Dice to release the game a month before TLJ, especially given that it has a number of TLJ spoilers.

Seriously foolish. 

UPDATE: Battlefront 2 reviews in progress on both Gamespot and IGN, and so far it does not look good...

30 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Should i get Horizon Zero Dawn or Wolfenstein?

Which Wolfenstein? The 2nd is suppposes to have one of the beat stories/campaigns in a FPS in a long time. 

Horizon is is going keep you busy for a long(er) time and from all accounts is a truly fantastic game. 

Couldnt go wrong with either 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Man, the social media fallout on the new Star Wars game has been HEAVY.

I wouldn't let modern-day EA anywhere near the Star Wars franchise, personally (unfortunately they were granted a real long license).  Remember when good Star Wars game were made in-house at LucasArts?  Or the days when they'd let an independent studio like Factor 5 do something great with the license?

4 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I'm in the middle of playing the Special Edition now. Nice to have the fast load times and the DLC on disk, but other than that, not many improvements on the original. 

If it wasn't for the glitches, I'd love it. I still kinda did (did a Dawnguard run with a Breton Vampire (turned by the vampire king) and its some of the most fun I've ever had. Also did a Braveheart-ish Nord/Stormcloak run and a Wood Elf Thieves Guild run. It's just a complete mess thougj, even without mods, which is the main selling point.

Because im a glutton for punishment, I'll probably go back. I still want to do the mage/Order//Winterhold stuff, the Dark Brotherhood, and a Daedric cultist/Forsworn run (I enjoy causing  pain and suffering), so I'll be back, but not before some alcohol.

Oh, and my Dragonborn v Dragonborn (forgot the actual name) DLC final fight with Miithrak was glitched too. Had to do some funky **** that ai can't remember, to get around it and complete it.

Basically, we got consumer throat****ed

24 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

(Although the main reason for that is an unimpressive single player campaign. The multiplayer is pretty awesome, by all accounts). 

Seemed the biggest reason for the score is the randomized progression system. The multiplayer seems to play great and is a lot of fun, capturing the feel of all three eras very well with a ton of customization options as well but your progress is basically a roulette wheel of loot boxes that could be for an entirely different class than what you are trying to focus on. 

Makes your hard work in your favorite class kinda pointless. 

It also seems like something that can be easily patched as well so hopefully they end up doing that so we can actually level up the class and heroes etc that we want

So, we broke down and are getting a Nintendo Switch for Tazette for Christmas.  The last couple of weeks she came home raving/talking about Mario Odyssey and which friends of hers have a Switch, even something about her and a few friends developing a new Mario game (they are 9 yo :ols: ).  I was contemplating buying her one for her birthday in March when it launched and the wife said no.

Then the other day, my mom asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she said just a Nintendo Switch, nothing else.  So that pretty much sealed the deal.  So we ordered one last week, should arrive today or tomorrow.  

5 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Star Wars Battlefront 2 gets a 6 from Gamespot. A 6! Wow, this franchise might be more cursed than our own Washington Capitals.

(Although the main reason for that is an unimpressive single player campaign. The multiplayer is pretty awesome, by all accounts). 

Multiplayer got boring real fast in the first one, once the nostalgia wore off.

Finally pulled The trigger to upgrade to a PS4 pro. I was waffling as I knew the graphical and performance upgrades were relatively minimal compared to base hardware. But I must say AC: Orgins looks absolutely stunning- noticeably better than standard PS4 version. No regrets at all. 

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So, we broke down and are getting a Nintendo Switch for Tazette for Christmas.  The last couple of weeks she came home raving/talking about Mario Odyssey and which friends of hers have a Switch, even something about her and a few friends developing a new Mario game (they are 9 yo :ols: ).  I was contemplating buying her one for her birthday in March when it launched and the wife said no.

Then the other day, my mom asked her what she wanted for Christmas and she said just a Nintendo Switch, nothing else.  So that pretty much sealed the deal.  So we ordered one last week, should arrive today or tomorrow. 

Welcome back to the loving world of Nintendo.  We're all hugs here.

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Welcome back to the loving world of Nintendo.  We're all hugs here.

LOL

I still think it's priced too high when compared to the other two consoles for what you get.  But, it is a gaming system for kids and all her friends have one or want one.  Plus she loves gaming on a phone/tablet, so this will be a good gift for her. 

As a small child wanting an Atari and instead my dad getting me an Odyssey, which was definitely the lesser of the two, and I felt left out while all my friends were playing Ms. Pacman and I was playing KC Munchkin, I want her to be able to play what she wants.  

Image result for odyssey game system

Thing is, she never indicated she wanted one, much less asked for one until the past couple of weeks.  

16 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Damn lot of early black Friday sales so far, ac origins and wolfenstein on sale this cray

Do it

Finally beat the suicidal twin gladiators yesterday (Origins) in the arena tourney. One dude is wielding an I Know Where You Roided Last Summer gigantic blade, and the other is like bound by chains, and constantly rushes you, slamming you all over the place. **** was killing me.

Thats after you have to test your might in 3 levels of combat sgainst varying enemies and lions, in a rigged battleground with rotating spike things and traps.

Gotta level up. Decent way to win money though

Archived