Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Isn't Anyone Talking About Tom Brady's Mediocre Play?

Botched

Cheaters. Nobody respects you. Ernie Adams.

"How do I reach these keeds?"

We never cheated. That's just something bitter people say because we score 45+ points on them every year, year after year after year after year after year. The more we do it, the more they say it.

(I.E. Pittsburgh says it the most, and we rape them the most, and the hardest.

I understand it's probably frustrating after awhile.

Talk about having egg on your face, huh.

If anyone knew about that, it would totally be you...

We never cheated. That's just something bitter people say because we score 45+ points on them every year, year after year after year after year after year. The more we do it, the more they say it.

(I.E. Pittsburgh says it the most, and we rape them the most, and the hardest.

I understand it's probably frustrating after awhile.

Dude Tom Brady is one of my favorite players of all-time and I think your coach kicks ass but yes, you guys definitely cheated lmao. That's not even debatable.

If anyone knew about that, it would totally be you...

Dude Tom Brady is one of my favorite players of all-time and I think your coach kicks ass but yes, you guys definitely cheated lmao. That's not even debatable.

It's very debatable. ESPN, tabloid trash that it is, transformed what really happened into something else entirely for ratings.

All the Patriots did was tape Jet signals in week#2 of the 2007 season from a location that a memo sent to all teams earlier that year stated we could not.

Taping signals is not illegal. It wasn't then. To my knowledge it still isn't now. What we did was tape the Jets signals, during a JETS GAME, from directly across the Jets bench, which was exactly where the memo said we couldn't. This wasn't a secret camera man, or a hidden camera. It was a guy in a Patriots jacket, with a giant camera, standing in plain sight for everyone to see, trolling a division rival.

Belichick being Belichick blatantly ignored the memo sent from the league and Roger Goodel came down hard on us for it.

We weren't fined for "cheating." We were penalized for what a new commissioner thought was us blatantly ignoring the guidelines of their memo.

That is where it begins. That is where it ends. The media is the one that labelled it "Spygate" and transformed that minor transgression into whatever the hell people think it is now.

It's very debatable.

It was a ratings and money grab for sports-journalism transitioning to the 24/7 news cycle.

Because of their reckless reporting, people now believe that we won 3 Superbowls by secretly knowing every play of every team, and calling precise counter players every down, for every game, which is so far off the mark of what actually happened it's scary.

If someone can explain to me how having a camera man blatantly taping the Jets bench in week 2 of 2007, in plain site, when teams change their signals every single week anyway, is "cheating to win 3 Superbowls" in 2001, 2003 and 2004, then I'm all ears.

But I appreciate your Pats love :D

Belichick being Belichick blatantly ignored the memo sent from the league and Roger Goodel came down hard on us for it.

We weren't fined for "cheating." We were penalized for what a new commissioner thought was us blatantly ignoring the guidelines of their memo.

That is where it begins. That is where it ends. The media is the one that labelled it "Spygate" and transformed that minor transgression into whatever the hell people think it is now.

So blatantly ignoring a memo about simply the location of legal filming warrants the most significant penalty ever given to a coach and owner? Tomlin blatantly ignored a very recent memo from the NFL offices about staying on the sideline and off the field and impacted a play directly and the integrity of that game yet he wasn't fined as much.

Not to mention the lack of disclosure from Goodell about the thing, Pats staff admitting they watched the Rams walk through and the destruction of the tapes/evidence.

Interesting. I'm not saying I know what happened but it is highly suspicious but isn't nearly as simple and innocent as you make it out to be.

Regardless , Tom is fantastic with or without tapes and cheating.

Yes the Pats ignored the memo. Belichick was guilty of arrogance in that, no doubt.

Just like Washington did when they ignored a memo regarding the salary cap and was docked 36 million dollars. That's a little bit larger of a fine that 750k isn't it?

Assuming he's an outside New England New England fan, because in Massachusetts Tom Brady walks on water. He could get elected Governor tomorrow.

He was born in Mass and always visits. His whole family is still there. In fact, he was going at it last night. I didn't watch games with him this past week, but he was yelling for Mallet last night when I saw him.

My friend is Ramsey from the Bud Light commercials. Exactly, and he admits it. He just doesn't have the beard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvXDk9uR5vg

Also, the Pats have to score on every possession and the other team is not allowed to score a field goal.  If that doesn't happen, the Pats suck!

I know a Redskins fan like this as well.

• 1 month later...

Yes the Pats ignored the memo. Belichick was guilty of arrogance in that, no doubt.

Just like Washington did when they ignored a memo regarding the salary cap and was docked 36 million dollars. That's a little bit larger of a fine that 750k isn't it?

Except there was no memo to Washington, and the contracts were approved by the NFL. Also we were not fined any money. They made Snyder not spend 36 mill, so he actually came out with more dough in his pocket, just less players pn the field.

Seriously, what happened to Botched?

I have no idea

I'm still shocked that he started this thread to be honest. It was so out of left field. Almost like someone put a gun to his head and made him post it. The idea of someone freely posting something like this, when you examine Brady's stellar track record, and the wtf-ness of his situation this year... It's mind boggling.

My mind is boggled.

I'm still with Botched that Brady had a mediocre season by his standards, particularly during the stretch that this thread as posted in. Lowest completion percentage of his career, a pedestrian number of TD passes, average QB rating, a large amount of sacks. Don't feel like looking year by year but I think it's safe to say this is the first time since the early Brady years that their rushing attack had a higher ranking than their passing attack.

That said a mediocre Tom Brady season is still better than most QBs and in line with the kind of seasons he was putting up when they won super bowls.

It hasn't been all because of new receivers, he's performed in this AFC Championship much like he has during the regular season. Missing open men and displaying poor pocket awareness. I don't think Botched has anything to apologize for or crow to eat. Brady didn't have a stellar season, and it's okay to admit that.

^^ He didn't have his top 4 WRs from last year lol Try and be objective dude. Geez. It was amazing they made it this far.

lol maybe if Brady was a bit more mobile he would have converted more 3rd downs... as much as a i dont like ANdrew Luck... i have to admit he has cam newton like athletism and his legs won him that game againist the cheifs...

brady, brees, and mannings... are old relics.... i fully expect either the 49ers or Seahawks to mop the floor with Denver, the broncos dont have von miller to chase Russ or Kaep off the edge.... this isnt like the Ravens off last year

3,500/500 will be the new standard of qbing in the nfl from here on out....  look at all the young qb prospects entering the nfl only bridgwater and winston are pure pocket passers but both are mobile enough to escape the rush

Archived