Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Isn't Anyone Talking About Tom Brady's Mediocre Play?

Botched

The rest is just excuses and spin. You made up a whole narrative about Manning and the Broncos, right down to what Manning was thinking.

All you said about Rodgers was that he is good and most of his guys came back. Yes, they did, and his play didn't fall off a cliff when they were out. He has been incredibly consistent regardless of who is or isn't on the field with him. Maybe Brady should take lessons?

As to your last line, Brady used to do that. He won Super Bowls with scrubs. That's why the first half of this seaonn has been so remarkable.

Holy crap, are you mentally retarded? You can't tell the difference between losing Randy Moss one year but still having Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Aaron Hernandez, and Gronkowski the next season vs. losing Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Lloyd all in the same season and replacing them with some UDFA rookie and a 27 year old 7th round pick special teams ace. Who cares what your opinion is beyond that point? It's like arguing with a 4 year old. You honestly think Peyton Manning looked at the Denver WRs and thought: "hey these guys are ****, I think I'm going to sign here for the last few years of my career, throw to ****ty WRs, and then retire without winning another superbowl!" ??

Also, Gronkowski averages. Let me say that again in big type, caps lock and put it in bold, italics, and underline for you so you don't miss it this time: AVERAGES 5 catches for 73 yards and a TD every single game. Some games he has 3 catches for 27 yards and 0 TD's. Some games he has 7 catches for 150 yards and 3 TDs. I hope you can someday learn what an average is and why its important statistically as opposed to looking season by season when some players are injured or otherwise not starting.

Lastly, (and then I promise not to waste any more of my time on your ridiculousness) Aaron Rodgers didn't fall off a cliff when his guys were "out"??? What are you talking about? I'm talking about retaining players from season to season and how Rodgers was able to transition from talented player to talented player rather than lose everybody good at the same time and replace them with nothing. When Finley was injured, was Randall Cobb? Now that Cobb is injured is Jordy Nelson magically injured also? Finley isn't hurt now. He lost his #1 WR but not his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th options. Tom Brady DID lose those options. He lost them all at once. He finally got one back and he's looked a lot better. Does that mean Tom Brady's career is winding down, or does it mean that Tom Brady isn't jesus christ almighty and needs even mediocre players who can catch the football for him? ****, why am I asking you a question, it's obvious all of this is going way above your head.

Tom Brady is washed up.  He can't even out-earn his wife.  The Pats should off-load him while they still can get value for him.  They can trade him to the 'Skins for a conditional 6th rounder to back up Robert.

/Sarcasm

Hypothetical: It is today.  You are in the SB, and at your 2 yard line, and need to score a TD to win the SB. If you don't score a TD, you lose.  This is not which team you want. Let's say that you have the same offensive personnel.  Who do you want as your QB?

Personally, right now, in that situation, I'd take Brady.  Right now.  Without hesitation.  Second place would be Peyton, third Brees, 4th Rodgers. But I'd roll with Brady, and be very comfortable with that.  

For knowing, Peyton is my favorite non-Skins player, and my wife is a Saints fan, and has a crush on Brees.  So, it's not like I'm biased towards Brady for any reason.  

Tom Brady is washed up.  He can't even out-earn his wife.  The Pats should off-load him while they still can get value for him.  They can trade him to the 'Skins for a conditional 6th rounder to back up Robert.

/Sarcasm

Hypothetical: It is today.  You are in the SB, and at your 2 yard line, and need to score a TD to win the SB. If you don't score a TD, you lose.  This is not which team you want. Let's say that you have the same offensive personnel.  Who do you want as your QB?

Personally, right now, in that situation, I'd take Brady.  Right now.  Without hesitation.  Second place would be Peyton, third Brees, 4th Rodgers. But I'd roll with Brady, and be very comfortable with that.  

For knowing, Peyton is my favorite non-Skins player, and my wife is a Saints fan, and has a crush on Brees.  So, it's not like I'm biased towards Brady for any reason.  

I agree with that.  Brady is CLUTCH in those situations.  I'd probably say Brees #2, then Manning #3.  But thats just me :D  

I agree with that.  Brady is CLUTCH in those situations.  I'd probably say Brees #2, then Manning #3.  But thats just me :D

Slightly different question: If I had a QB to START a SB, all things being equal, I'm not entirely sure who I would pick.  

I might still pick Brady.  Though, I think I'd be more tempted with Brees or Rodgers.  

But, to the point of the thread, which is why people aren't talking about why Brady is playing poorly, he's really not playing badly.  Maybe he's playing like the 4th best QB in the league instead of the 1st.  He's had a few inconsistent games, things you didn't see before.  But, he's still absolutely at the top of the list in terms of deadly QBs.  

• 2 weeks later...

1 stats are stupid

2 even at his worst he is more productive when it counts (how you win games) then 75% of the QBs in the league, same with Peyton Manning and Luck  thats what seperates them from Romo sits to pee and co.

I'm not even a brady fan, he rubs me the wrong way but the attacks on good QBs to support QBs who don't win but amass yards is silly.

Lastly, (and then I promise not to waste any more of my time on your ridiculousness) Aaron Rodgers didn't fall off a cliff when his guys were "out"??? What are you talking about? I'm talking about retaining players from season to season and how Rodgers was able to transition from talented player to talented player rather than lose everybody good at the same time and replace them with nothing. When Finley was injured, was Randall Cobb? Now that Cobb is injured is Jordy Nelson magically injured also? Finley isn't hurt now. He lost his #1 WR but not his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th options. Tom Brady DID lose those options. He lost them all at once. He finally got one back and he's looked a lot better. Does that mean Tom Brady's career is winding down, or does it mean that Tom Brady isn't jesus christ almighty and needs even mediocre players who can catch the football for him? ****, why am I asking you a question, it's obvious all of this is going way above your head.

I know this post is a few weeks old, but the information here was wrong then, too. Cobb and Jones both went down in week 6. The next week with them still out, Finley suffered a neck injury and subsequently underwent spinal fusion surgery (so no, he was not healthy at the time of that post as was the claim, but rather looking at the possible end of his career.) Only one of his targets left was Jordy Nelson. Jennings and Driver were replaced by a 2nd year UDFA who saw almost no action last season (nor did he this season until Jones and Cobb went out). Jones and Cobb were replaced by a UDFA signed off their practice squad, and another rookie they signed off of someone else's practice squad. Finley was replaced by yet another 2nd year UDFA who spent last season on the practice squad.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Pats friend who thinks Tom Brady sucks.  He wants Ryan Mallett to be the QB and still thinks Matt Cassel should be there winning games for them.

We argue about this all the time.  Funny how I am not a Pats fan and I am the one in Brady's corner.  Needless to say, I laugh at him quite a bit. 

Man talk about not appreciating what you have till its gone...

If you start recording stats from the week New England played Pittsburgh*, which was the first full game Gronkowski played, Tom Brady, not Peyton Manning, is once again running the most elite offense in the league, despite is being made up of half rookies.

I have a Pats friend who thinks Tom Brady sucks.  He wants Ryan Mallett to be the QB and still thinks Matt Cassel should be there winning games for them.

We argue about this all the time.  Funny how I am not a Pats fan and I am the one in Brady's corner.  Needless to say, I laugh at him quite a bit. 

Assuming he's an outside New England New England fan, because in Massachusetts Tom Brady walks on water. He could get elected Governor tomorrow.

Archived