Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Essential Stuff For Your Desk/workplace.

Spaceman Spiff

The small company I work for just moved offices. Our new space is really nice but it's a bit older and hotter than two mice ****ing in a wool sock. The building controls the AC and it's barely on. We have giant windows so the sun comes blasting in and closing the blinds doesn't help all that much.

I'm looking for a mini AC device that can sit on my desk and keep me cool. I'm not sure if anyone has had a similar issue but I figured I'd ask if anyone had recommendations? I saw some on amazon but they looked chintzy. I want something that'll last.

That said, what else do you guys have on your desks or in your cubes that you can't live without?

Probably hand sanitizer and chewing gum. I don't know why, but I can't function normally at work without some Big Red, or Hubba Bubba chewing gum.

I typically wash my hands bordering on OCD levels, and since I can't always get up and go to the restroom to do it, I have to have the germ-x

I bought one of those Target Dorm fans that plugs in via USB. That was essential during the summer. Most of the time we are on client site and using laptops, so I like to have an extra charger at home, so I don't forget it or have to carry it while commuting.

I wish I could have but we don't is a big monitor. Painful working on multiple excel sheets and files with a little 13" laptop.

Our offices are the opposite.  A heater is a must have.  In the summer the AC blasts air so cold (right on you as you sit at your desk) that you need a sweater or heater, in the winter the building is just too cold.

I'm not picky come to think of it, I can set up a functioning office in a hotel room in a few minutes. Give me a printer and a keyboard and I can knock it out

I did buy some blackout curtains for my office, helped a ton with glare and temperature

I recently disconnected my land line and fax. I don't miss either as much as I thought I would. Actually don't miss them at all

Are you hiring?

lol, I thought this was standard everywhere? Oh well, the benefits of working for an old, enlisted Navy man

Seriously though, an exta set of headphones and at least one extra cell phone charger. I have a couple cans of soup and some snack bars in case I get hungry. Deoderant, lysol, and cleaning wipes.  And a bottle of "Listerine"

Archived