Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Must Be An Nfl Record

KevinthePRF

I really feel for Hall this year. I've been REAL critical of him in the past, but this year he's balling. The last 5 games have consistently been his best as a Redskin by a Country mile. He's playing at a pro-bowl level and then some. Judt the year he finally turns into that guy happens to be another abject one in our recent history that is rolling toward another double digit loss season. 

I'd even go as far as to say he's overtaken Kerrigan as our best defensive player. Hell of a year he's having. And he's just about the only player on the ENTIRE team that is absolved of ANY blame for this ****. 

Hail.

Hall seems to do well against strong receivers that don't have lightning quickness.  If they try to out muscle him they quickly find out that Hall loves physical play.  I think his struggles are against the shifty speed wide outs because he just doesn't have the top end speed to recover on double moves.  

An example of what I mean is that he's a better match up against Dez Bryant than DeSean Jackson, even though most people would rank Bryant above Jackson.  Hall is a guy that receivers find success running away from and not trying to shield him off the ball.  If he's near the ball he tends to win the battle, this season.  

I really feel for Hall this year. I've been REAL critical of him in the past, but this year he's balling. The last 5 games have consistently been his best as a Redskin by a Country mile. He's playing at a pro-bowl level and then some. Judt the year he finally turns into that guy happens to be another abject one in our recent history that is rolling toward another double digit loss season. 

I'd even go as far as to say he's overtaken Kerrigan as our best defensive player. Hell of a year he's having. And he's just about the only player on the ENTIRE team that is absolved of ANY blame for this ****. 

Hail.

I agree with this. I've been critical of Hall in past years as well. But he has been playing better this year than any year here in DC. Maybe getting cut and having to sign for a much lower salary put a fire in him.   I don't know what the reason is, but I like the way he is playing.

Hail.

Worst part about that is now that we had him on a relatively small contract, he starts balling out. God knows what contract we offer him now and how he plays in the following years.

How many defensive TDs have past Defensive MVPs gotten the year they won it?

Good question, but he may need 5 or 6 pick sixes to win d mvp with how bad our defense has been.  Seems like those guys normally come from good defenses.  Now, if we won those 3 games he had pick 6s in by a td or less he'd probably be a big part of the conversation.

After years of watching Darrell Green, I refuse to give up on any CB that's performing beyond age 30.

Don't give up on them, but doesn't mean you don't keep their age in mind moving forward.

How many defensive TDs have past Defensive MVPs gotten the year they won it?

Woodson had three the year he won, to go along with 9 INTs, 4 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, and two sacks.

Im ready to dispatch the "DHall is the problem" schism.  

DHall is a Redskin.  He makes plays.

He always has been a playmaker and a Redskin. :)

That's part of the issue I have with the fanbase as a whole (not you, brother). They make snap judgements on players without really having any idea what said players' responsibilities are. Flat defender? Curl defender? Deep 1/3? Force man? Man? Cover 6?

There's literally a ton of different responsibilities, but everyone is quick to point out each "mistake" (even when it really wasn't their responsibility).

It happens with a lot of our players. It's scary, too. We turn on guys REAL fast.

Never soured on Hall like many did. Dude has been playing with the worst safeties in the NFL and always covers their number one. He's been beasting this year. I predict he's going to be tired of the losing and bolt after this season. He's been one of the best corners in the NFL this year. Period.

He always has been a playmaker and a Redskin. :)

That's part of the issue I have with the fanbase as a whole (not you, brother). They make snap judgements on players without really having any idea what said players' responsibilities are. Flat defender? Curl defender? Deep 1/3? Force man? Man? Cover 6?

There's literally a ton of different responsibilities, but everyone is quick to point out each "mistake" (even when it really wasn't their responsibility).

It happens with a lot of our players. It's scary, too. We turn on guys REAL fast.

This seems to belong in the Orakpo thead!  Come on, Hall has played poorly in previous years.  It's not a stretch to say that.  You could say the same about the inconsistent Haynesworth.  One year he was dominant, the next he was a joke.  It's funny how Hall is playing his best football now that he has the smallest contract of his career.

The question is, should you stick by a player who has years of poor play?  Hall has always been passionate, but I don't think he's had that focus until this year.  I don't recall anyone shedding a tear when we let him go this offseason, and for good reason: at the time he deserved it.

Archived