Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactuve Game Day Thread: Skins At Broncos

TK

Why is it impossible to criticize a player after a bad game without everyone here attacking each other? Its OK, Griffin had a poor game. NO one criticized your wife/mother/whatever.  If you feel the need to attack other fans for stating fact, then take a look back and reassess yourselves.

You seriously don't realize there's a difference between saying he had a bad game (Even many of those defending him to some degree acknowledge that) and saying he's stupid, he's horrible, we need to trade him for anything we can get, that he's not an pro player, that he's a 2nd stringer, etc?

Those declaring him an abject bust that is unable to play in the NFL after these 7 games are no more reasonable, intelligent, or worthy of having their idiotic opinions protected than those who were trying to proclaim him a "top 5" QB last year and claiming he was going to be one of the best ever.

He's a young QB with less than 2 full season worth of starts under his belt who has shown flashes of brilliance (That yes, included amazing accuracy, good decision making, and reading of defenses during that time) as well as flashes of significant deficiencies. Those being criticized as fans largely aren't the ones suggesting he had a bad game or saying he needs to improve some things...they're the ones making outlandish, crazy emotional statements from a very narrow and ignorant stand point.

You seriously don't realize there's a difference between saying he had a bad game (Even many of those defending him to some degree acknowledge that) and saying he's stupid, he's horrible, we need to trade him for anything we can get, that he's not an pro player, that he's a 2nd stringer, etc?

Those declaring him an abject bust that is unable to play in the NFL after these 7 games are no more reasonable, intelligent, or worthy of having their idiotic opinions protected than those who were trying to proclaim him a "top 5" QB last year and claiming he was going to be one of the best ever.

He's a young QB with less than 2 full season worth of starts under his belt who has shown flashes of brilliance (That yes, included amazing accuracy, good decision making, and reading of defenses during that time) as well as flashes of significant deficiencies. Those being criticized as fans largely aren't the ones suggesting he had a bad game or saying he needs to improve some things...they're the ones making outlandish, crazy emotional statements from a very narrow and ignorant stand point.

I absolutely see the difference and agree with you completely.  And anyone that is saying he's a bust should be ridiculed.  I saw people freaking out on here for criticizing Griffin though.

I have all the Redskins' games. That one game? Really?

And oh by the way, they ran a lot of read in that game. Not a lot of drop back. 

Also, how many times have you seen RGIII throw an "ill-advised" pass across the field. He did that last year. One was complete to Davis and one was complete to Moss due to Moss' effort. RGIII made rookie (bone-head) throws last year and got bailed out. This year he's not so lucky. He needs to improve his skills as an NFL QB. His speed and athleticism is nullified by his inability to make the throws needed to make this offense click.   

Of course he does. He didn't get the benefit of playing for Stanford or Wisconsin with a pro style offense. He is not a developed pocket passer.He has never been an innacurate QB until this season. Are you suggesting he should learn how to be a pocket passer and go through 4 reads behind this O-line from the bench? I have all of last years games as well. I also have all of this years games. There were comments every game from veterans and commentators about his accuracy being some of the best they've seen. The comments were so effusive it was nauseating.

I absolutely see the difference and agree with you completely.  And anyone that is saying he's a bust should be ridiculed.  I saw people freaking out on here for criticizing Griffin though.

He absolutely had a bad game. At times he was locking onto receivers, other times he made bad reads (granted, assuming the way the play was designed allowed him to make those reads), his deep balls were rather inconsistent, and he showed far too much hesitation in deciding tot scramble both behind the LOS and to take off. This was easily one of the worst games I saw from him as a Redskin.

Thats aid...even criticizing this game some common sense needs to be had. Both in terms of context surrounding RG3 (2nd year player coming off a major surgery with limited work this off season) AND in terms of the other culprits on offense. The OC abandoning the run yet continuing to call play-actions that takes time away from Griffin reading the defense and allows the Defense to close in on him. Receivers dropping balls that were catchable or taking action that contributed to an interception (Griffin can't magically levitate Garcon when he falls; Kirk Cousins can't will a ball to remain in Reeds hands). An offensive line in the 4th quarter that gave up a lot of QB hits, many 3 to 4 seconds after the snap.

Someone posted a clip of a picture saying "EVERYONE" earlier, and that's spot on. There were issues ALL across the offense, including on the sideline, that deserve the blame. Yet pointing that out even had people suggesting individuals were drinking the "RG3 Koolaid".

What drives me crazy is the idiotic over the top comments coming from folks though.

Last year we had fans from all over the place, and in the media, proclaiming how RG3 "can't read defenses" and "makes only one read". Yet all over on this board, including by some people criticizing him now, you had people making a case and pointing out examples last year where he IS reading defenses but also pointing out how many of the plays in this offense call for one read and pull the trigger if it looks even close to being there. RG3 was having success last year, and the team started having success, and everyone rallied.

Now he's having a bad year and the team's doing poorly...and suddenly "he can't read defenses". I'm not suggesting we ignore the past 7 games; you can't, they happen. What I am suggesting is we don't ignore all 16 he played in last year either and act like they didn't happen. He's a young player with less than 2 full seasons that has shown the capability to do everything you want in a Quarterback BUT has failed to put it together consistently, quarter by quarter, game by game. He still needs to grow, but it's RIDICULOUS to act like it's impossible for him to do so or that he's incapable of doing it as those who suggest he's a 2nd stringer or even worse, not even an Pro-Caliber player, are suggesting.

And there wasn't a football fan in the world that wasn't surprised at that score. And those same fans knew that wasn't going to continue through the 2nd half.

Yeah you're probably right. Honestly once D Hall had the pick 6 I knew I was in trouble. Only reason I teased it up was because 63.5 is 9 touchdowns and then some.

I'm so confused, wasn't Kyle being praised for his playcalling last week against the Bears, on route to 45 points? For coordinating the 4th ranked offense in the NFL this year? For having the 5th ranked offense in the NFL last year? So, because you can point out specific plays, or series of plays that weren't effective in hindsight, Kyle's not a competent offensive coordinator anymore? 

Or is it he general "lack of adjustments" that as outside observers with limited access to halftime locker rooms or sideline conversations, has little merit.

I'd say for all the reasons you stated above. Does Kyle not realize that his OL is bad and can not hold it's own weight up the middle? Where's the moving pockets and rollout plays that Mike used w/ Cutler, Elway, Plumber, and every other QB they had? What happened to the run game in the second half? The first possession in the second half was three deep pass attempts. Broncos statistically have the worst pass defense because they live for shootouts. Did Kyle not understand that? Broncos also have a top ranked run defense. Why is that, because they're always in shootouts. Maybe ole'school running the ball just isn't sexy enough for him. Meanwhile, as a fan if it gets the win then so be it.

Yeah you're probably right. Honestly once D Hall had the pick 6 I knew I was in trouble. Only reason I teased it up was because 63.5 is 9 touchdowns and then some.

I hear ya...that's why I gave up betting on the NFL 30 years ago.

The multiple horror stories of losing on the last snap, FG, kick return forced me to rethink my financial priorities. Seeing the Man on Tuesday is in the rear view mirror. Sometimes if I happen to be in Vegas, but that's rare, too.

• 2 weeks later...

That's exactly what i'm saying. What ever happened to the bootlegs,rollouts,or moving the pocket? We stopped running the ball and they just pinned their ears back. My question is this. Who cares what type of OL Shanny prefers for his offensive scheme predicated on the run. If the OC quits running the ball? We've got this smaller OL who can't pass block. We run a zone scheme. Almost no pulling, all some real

hoggs would have to do is lean left or right. Look at Houston. They got some real beef on their OL. Appears to work for them.

RGIII is being set up for failure. But he's failing because he doesn't have the pocket presence to deal with the drop back pass game yet. So yes the failure is not to move the pocket until he does. But the problem with that is you cut off half the field instead of working the entire field.  

What does it matter.......**** this team.

I'm one of RG3's harshest critics, but tonight's loss was not on him. He was MORE than good enough to win tonight, and was for the most part excellent throwing the football. Performances like that win at least 60% of the time in the NFL, and against a garbage team like the Vikings probably more like 90%.

Archived