Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Re-Sign Safety Jordan Pugh

OK, we are losing Meriweather for 2 games and are bring Pugh back. Reed Doughty is hurt and Rambo has not suited up the pass few games. Now I wonder why we have not used Chase Minnifield from the practice squad. He could play Special teams, he could play FS or CB (allowing Amerson to play FS). Is Chase Minnifield also in the dog house for some reason?

I would really like to Minniefield come up. I know we need Safety but he could help in STs and nickel situations. I have no problem with Pugh. He knows the D and is probably the best available. 

I would actually like us to boot Merriweather. He has done nothing for this team. 

But here is the real question. Why after 4 yrs of a rebuild do we still have one of the worst secondaries in football? People can say wht they want, but Reed Doughty has been our best safety for the last 4 yrs. I know the cap hit. But you knew that 3 yrs ago. We needed a better plan for S. It's crucial in our D. 

Saw Manning is a little dinged up. Twisted ankle during last weeks game. He may be a bit ginger on that ankle. He likes to throw picks when he is a little dinged up. However, if we play 10 yds off the WRs, they may score 100. I hope they don't. it would be a huge boost to pull out that big an upset. we would be 3-4 with 3 very winnable games in front of us. 

If we can just get to 5-5 or better at the 10 game mark, I think we can take the Div. Anything less and it becomes very very difficult. 

Man....last year when we were winning this site was flooded with posters. The off season as well. Now that we're losing almost everyone is gone. Fairweather fans? I don't know, what I do know is that this site is a ghost town & very boring. 

HTTR!!!

No doubt. It seems that without someone to argue with no one just wants to talk football. After all the lectures about who and how we should post from would be moderators and the deleting of posts by idiots hiding behind their computers, once we get a real moderator they all dry up. I wish I could say I am surprised but I am not. 

Maybe part of it is that while they presented things in a horrific manner at times, much of what those that shall not be named said may just have been right. Is it really that hard to look at the team objectively and say, there are clearly problems? 

Well, as i have said more than once, I have been a fan since 1967. I will not stop due to a few losses. I may get mad at the team but I will never abandon it. 

Ok back to football. Here is where I see our team. 

The Offense is fine. RGIII is the engine that makes it run, but I also think Cousins could come in and be successful. Part of the problem early in the season was play calling and weak oline play. RGIII does help the oline by running more so they have looked better. But don't be fooled. Our RT is garbage! Period! He gets trucked almost every play. It's a joke. Overall - B+ and getting better. 

The D is well, pitiful. But to me this is more than just players. The game plans seem to be poor, the execution worse. We have a few guys with real heart out there busting their hump while the rest are taking the year off. We need better play at Safety. It's a broken record but it's true. I and many others have been saying so for 4 yrs now. And whats this playing 10 ys off the ball crap! Manning will do what Rogers did, unless we play closer to the line. Need 2 starting NFL caliber safeties. Overall - D+ and slightly improving. 

STs once is a complete disaster. We cant block or tackle. Our KOs are short and our punter is aging before our eyes and after 6 games we have no idea of who our returners are!! Last weeks games amy have been completely different if Morgan doesn't let that punt drop and get downed inside the 1! We punt in 3 plays and they get the ball at our 34!!  Overall - D Not getting better or worse. The only reason this is not an F is that Forbath is a pretty decent FG kicker. 

Not sure about everyone else but that's not the team I expected after 3+ yrs of rebuilding. But hey, 3-1 over the next 4 games and it could all be easily turned around. We have much more talent in almost every position, it's just not playing together yet. Is it coaching or in the players heads? We will find out over the next 4 to 5 games. I hope the players 

Here is to thinking happy thoughts and visions of 5-5!!!!  

No doubt. It seems that without someone to argue with no one just wants to talk football. After all the lectures about who and how we should post from would be moderators and the deleting of posts by idiots hiding behind their computers, once we get a real moderator they all dry up. I wish I could say I am surprised but I am not. 

Maybe part of it is that while they presented things in a horrific manner at times, much of what those that shall not be named said may just have been right. Is it really that hard to look at the team objectively and say, there are clearly problems? 

Well, as i have said more than once, I have been a fan since 1967. I will not stop due to a few losses. I may get mad at the team but I will never abandon it. 

I think you're right goskins10. Seems like all people want to do is argue & if they can't then they don't have anything to say.

I think I know of whom you talk about & I'll say that I never had a problem with him or his views. As a matter of fact I agreed with some of what he said. It always proved to be a good debate.

Oh well...It is what it is & like you I've been a FANFORLIFE & won't stop just because we can't stop anyone from doing anything. I've seen worse from us before. It'll take an act of god for me to stop being a FANFORLIFE & from posting on here....even if I'm the only one doing so.

HTTR!!!

I can assure you my absence here has nothing to do with the lack of chronic hate some used to spew on this board. I've taken on a new position that has me swamped possibly until December. I spend enough time right now sitting at work so any free time that has come I've been trying to do something active with my body and not with my words :)

it's hard to imagine that it’s another season where our biggest weakness is our own safety position. Meriweather isn't panning out like the staff projected. However, the answers we sought in the draft I didn't expect to end up having one on IR and the other who just isn't ready to start at safety in this league. This was supposed to be a strong safety class in this draft but if you look at overall performance any that are starting are struggling.

The one trade to HOPE and look for is one that involves Davis going to Buffalo for Jarius Byrd. Byrd would be a tremendous upgrade and someone who could be very good for many seasons. The challenge is that Davis won't be enough of a trade. Buffalo offered Davis just a 700,000 a year salary which is a clear indication of the value they see in Davis. So this means there will need to be a draft pick or two to go along with Davis. I'd be happy if we can include Davis and a 2nd round draft pick or Davis with a 3rd and a 6th. However, that means losing more draft opportunities where we may be looking at one pick from 1st to 3rd. I'm a bit torn about what to do with our safety problem. Seeing what the staff has done with draft picks like Trent Williams, Perry Riley, Ryan Kerrigan, Alfred Morris, Roy Helu, and Jordan Reed; it's hard for me to see us continue to trade away more draft picks. However, if we are ever going to want to have a chance at a playoff run this season then we need to find someone out there willing to trade a quality safety now.

I was checking out the PFF site that I paid extra money for to get an inside view of their stats. One surprise you may be unwilling to accept is that Polumbus has improved significantly this season. He is actually ranked 17th among all tackles in the NFL. He has positive numbers in his pass blocking which has him yielding only 1 QB sack, 4 QB hits, and 9 QB hurries. I'll stick to the subject of the offense line here. Another interesting report card on our line is that Trent Williams has not allowed a sack this season. TW has 0 QB sacks, 2 QB hits, and 5 QB hurries. Overall TW is 5th but is the highest rated pass blocking tackle in the league and has been for most the season. Lich may be having his best season yet where he is ranked 3rd overall yielding 1 QB sack, 0 QB hits, and 6 QB hurries. I think for Lich it took him time to recover from the serious knee injury and prior to that injury in 2011 he was one of the best performing guards in the league.

Now for the ugly news on our line. Do you want to know where the bulk of the pressure is coming from? How about Chris Chester who has allowed 21 hurries but amazingly no QB sacks yet. However he is ranked as one of the worst overall performing guards in the league. Will Montgomery has yielded 10 hurries but still is overall ranked 9th among Centers. So you can see where defenses have been able to apply the pressure on the Redskins. Right between Chester and Montgomery. Montgomery's performance has dipped a bit from last season but not by much and also has not allowed a QB sack this season. He really is one of the most overlooked and unappreciated players in the league.

I'm sure many will argue that the return of the zone read has staved off many QB sacks, hits, and hurries. However it only resurfaced in the Cowboy game. IMO; the offense line is a quality one as a group. Not elite but better than most give it credit for. While the group has not performed as well run blocking that has most to do with the fact that all season defenses have been loading the edge with blitzing linebackers. Remember this group is all about zone blocking not power blocking. The zone blocking can't perform well when defenses don't respect the pass and load up on stopping the run. So with RG3 showing he is getting back to form and Jordan Reed exploiting the fact that few safeties/linebackers can cover him, I expect us to be putting up many points at regularity. With our coverage and tackling situation on defense, we'll need all the points we can get from the offense.

Archived