Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Petition To Keep Redskins Name

DButz65

I searched for "petition" and did not see anything pop up with the word in the thread title in it, so sorry if its been posted.

Dont know how official this is, but it cant hurt to help keep our beloved teams name intact!!! Hail To The REDSKINS forever!

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/keep-the-washington-redskins.fb40?source=s.fb&r_by=9270738

ES STAFF EDIT: This thread will remain open in this forum only one way---if it's used to simply sign up on the petition. 

Discussion about the topic goes in the mega thread in the tailgate. If this is not adhered to, this thread will be closed.

Dude a petition isn't going to do anything.   If Snyder ever felt the pinch in his wallet he would change the name. 

Its just something thats getting passed along on facebook, and you dont know that.... im just tired of hearing peoples BS side of why it should be changed who dont have once ounce of native american blood in their bodies!

I'm so fed up with the media pushing a name change down everyone's throats. Rick Reilly wrote a great article concerning the topic, pointing out how ridiculous it is journalists like Peter King and Bob Costas find it necessary to think "well, Native Americans, you may not care or be insulted by the name, but we know best - let us be offended for you". He also cites a high school out west in which the student body consists of roughly 92% Native American ethnicity who are proud of the team name...so much so their own mascot is the Redskins.

Unfortunately, once a PC topic like this gains enough steam (which I believe it already has) there's no stopping a change. In this country the minority voice IS the majority.

EDIT:  To stay on topic, I hope this petition makes some noise - I've been thinking a petition by NATIVE AMERICANS that feel honored and well represented by the name (like the high school team I mentioned above) would be powerful.

This thread will remain open in this forum only one way---if it's used to simply sign up on the petition. 

Discussion about the topic goes in the mega thread in the tailgate. It will be up to you guys to call for other posters who ignore this (I'll put it in the OP too) to edit such out. If this is not adhered to, this will be quickly closed.

Peter Kind never had an issue with the name before 2013 - that's how you know he really doesn't give a **** about it.  Plus King fought tooth and nail to keep Art Monk from the Hall of Fame so he already has an agenda against our team.

How that man got to be a member of the Board of Selectors for the HOF is a mystery to me.

So much for that attempt (it was doomed from the start). Some posters still struggle with the concept of  actually reading the posts in even a one-page thread before the tremendous urge to "get their thoughts out again" overwhelms them after just reading the title and they post away. 

Use the mega thread in the tailgate. I'll put the petition link in there (it may already be in there somewhere).

Archived