Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reply To Bob Costas And The Offensive Name Redskins

MustangSteve

I have been a lifelong Washington Redskins fan for 40+ years. Last night during the greatest rivalry in all of sports we all heard a rude interview from you Bob, and your thoughts of how terrible and racist the name of our football team is. We have proudly held and honored this name since 1938 when it was changed in Boston. For 70+ years you had nothing to say about the name of the Washington Redskins.

70 years later it all of a sudden offends you, why is it hard for me to believe this? Nothing has ever been spoken by you on this issue until it's under attack and brought to the light of the public eye and media. Knowing a thing or 2 about the name Redskin, I find you and your hot air speech more offensive than everything I have heard about the name of my football team and people, yes my heritage.

The name Redskins was not given to us or my football team out of disrespect or even the color of our skin. This is the exact color we chose and painted on our bodies before going to battle or before protecting our territory from men just like you! The name Redskins mean warriors in battle. The color red was chosen as a warning to our enemies, in every war and every battle, there is blood. So the next time you decide to interrupt a Sunday Night game to blow hot air, please make sure you know your history.

But after listening to your entire speech, and other authorities in Washington DC, I have given in and  now find the name Washington Redskins very very offensive. I think the name from now on should just be called (The Redskins)=Warriors in Battle.

Why not a problem with "Fighting Irish"?  As usual the media has very selective outrage and politics is only permitted in sports if it has a liberal spin.

I feel the same way. I could have written a 3 day column on this but decided to keep the politics and ignorence out of this discussion.  In a Country that's quick to point fingers, quick to blame others and now protest everything possible, what is next? Is the homosexual community now going to find the name Packers offensive? 

It was ridiculous of Costas to spew that garbage out.

He started out with facts; overwhelming majority of people AND indian tribes have no issue with the name, but a small minority group does, and just like this politically incorrect society 'oh thats racist that offends me' it is way out of hand. Its no longer what a majority wants, its all about what 1 out of 100,000 people may find offensive.

Snyder should bar Costas from FedEx Field.

If there's a 'pro-Redskin site out there, it should be hyped as much as possible. I wish there was a site where crappy commentators like Costas can be put in and ridiculed, on a national platform.

I feel the same way. I could have written a 3 day column on this but decided to keep the politics and ignorence out of this discussion.  In a Country that's quick to point fingers, quick to blame others and now protest everything possible, what is next? Is the homosexual community now going to find the name Packers offensive? 

I doubt the Packers change their logo to a brown circle

How about a team called the Rednecks in honor of the American farmer?

Or the Crackers?

Actually Nabisco needs to change their name of 'Crackers" to crunchy square thingies'. I'm offended.

Bob Costas needs to go directly to hell! And NBC needs to show him the door. After his last dumbass editorial about "gun control" at halftime, and the ensuing deserved smack down that the public gave him over it, you would think he would learn. But idiots like Costas never learn. They just need to be fired!

WHY on God's green earth do we need an "editorial" (actually, a one-sided political rant!) during halftime of a football game?!!!

Thing is .. years ago I liked Costas. Now I despise him and the horse he rode in on!

Archived