Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Titans Shopping Kenny Britt

Chadwiko

From CBS Jason La Confora;

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24077099/thirdround-pick-for-kenny-britt-teams-balking-at-titans-asking-price

The Titans have talked to several NFL teams regarding struggling receiver Kenny Britt, according to sources with knowledge of the situation, but have been attempting to get a third-round pick for him, or a combination of picks equal to a third rounder. Other clubs have found that price to be high, sources said, with them viewing Britt, given his off-field issues, expiring contract and lack of any recent production as valued more like a fifth-round pick.

Titans are laughing if they think they'll get a third rounder for Britt.

That said, with Hankerson not coming on like we'd hoped, and Josh Morgan struggling too, if we could get Britt for a 4th or 5th rounder, would people be interested? 

Or have we already had 1 too many ex-Titans with off-field issues? :)

No. No. No.

No.

No.

Britt is a shell of his former self. He needs a good situation on a pass-first, veteran team that needs WR help. He still has talent, he just needs direction. Atl, Det, and especially NE would be good fits. Not here, not for a draft pick.

That said, he's a FA after this year. If his production doesn't increase I could see signing him CHEAP as a backup and hoping he rebounds. No giving up draft picks for this guy though.

Hankerson has been playing well this season.   Not all players will be elite but Hank has started to become more of a possession type of receiver using his size to shield the ball from defenders while making the catch.

Why give up a pick for a guy coming into the end of his contract?  And why take another teams damaged goods while giving up a pick?

For those questioning my comments on Hankerson, I basically echo @HTTR-247 who said that Hankerson may be 'just a guy'... which is fine, nothing wrong with that, but our offence can't just be Garcon + a bunch of guys. We need a proper number 2. 

SMDH, no wonder we can't develop any players here, oh wait that was so last front office. 

For those questioning my comments on Hankerson, I basically echo @HTTR-247 who said that Hankerson may be 'just a guy'... which is fine, nothing wrong with that, but our offence can't just be Garcon + a bunch of guys. We need a proper number 2. 

Hank was no. 3 last year and is currently no. 2 this year, has no off the field issues and is getting praised by his Coaches. Check the numbers, he is coming along fine. 

Hank has improved each year and is still improving.  It's also right in the middle of the season.  Britt would have to learn the playbook, and what routes he would need to run and his blocking assignments.

That's not going to happen overnight.

Not all players are going to be "elite".

We are down a 1st round pick next season, so those picks are going to be needed.

It's just not a good idea at this time.  In the offseason, if he's available as a free agent, then it makes sense to take a look.  But why give up valuable picks for pickings off someone else's trash heap.

Britt's "just a guy" too.

No thanks. Other than his other issues, he's just not a very dynamic player in my estimation.

~Bang

I like Britt, but not sure exactly what his problem is atm. He has lacked QB play since Hasselbeck. So getting him a good QB maybe the answer, however as mentioned, off field issues, lack of performance, and expiring contract, I would say a 5th is still too high.

If we want him might as well just wait for Free Agency, which I think I would go after Nicks over Britt anyways.

Or even Jeremy Macklin on a 1 year deal or something if he recovers from ACL injury

what we need  is safety help and oline help as well (every player except the left tackle).  We won't make the superbowl or any deep playoffs with this oline and lack of safety coverage over the top. but the Skins don't seem to believe in trades. we could of had talib for a 4th but no intrest and other player could have been had for low picks and the Skins aren't the ones pulling the trigger. if they choose not to make a move then it will be a long season

Kenny Britt is the textbook example of "just a guy." His whole career has been meh.

Archived