Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins At Cowboys Final

TK

week6_zps256d8377.gif

Hi there  :) from the newly named AT&T Stadium, where you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. 

Playing the role of Murf tonight will be HOF44 aka Babbs to those of you that actually show up at tailgates at FedEx. Babbs don't twitter, so for ingame commentary you can simply follow me @TKextremeskins.  

Best quote of the night from last night happened as we were chillin outside with Doc. An idjit boys fan tried talking trash. Doc's response "You've had one significant victory in the last 17 years. ONE." 

This is it. Bright lights. Big city. Sunday Night Football. Primetime. The only game on. Feeling the pressure yet? Nervous with anticipation? The NFC East which has been looking like the NFC Least, is up for grabs. The Cowboys enter tonight's game at 2-3 while your Washington REDSKINS (see what I did there Wise?  :) ) are coming off their early Bye at 1-3. Sure the Boys put up points last week against Denver. Romo sits to pee even threw for over 500 yards. Doesn't matter. Dallas did some of those stupid Cowboy things that Dallas loves to do. Romo sits to pee choked again in the 4th and they didn't come away with the win. 

On  the flip side, the REDSKINS left Oakland with a win. I expect them to leave here the same way. After all, this is RG3's annual homecoming game. With the stage set for Prime Time and his four game "in season PreSeason" out of the way, don't be surprised if he puts on a show tonight. 

REDSKINS keys to the game:

1) Establish the run. Morris or Helu, Jr. Whoever gets hot. Because the run will

2) Open up the PA pass/boot game.

3) OL has got to play disciplined. No more stupid mistakes like the first four games.

4) Pressure Romo sits to pee. Do this, he'll take the INT record from Eli.  :)

watchfor_zps79d1568e.gif

• The Redskins earning their second win of the season and their second in as many games.

• The Redskins posting 20 points for a ninth straight regular season game, dating back to last season, matching the team’s longest streak of 20-point games since scoring 20 or more points in 10 consecutive regular season games across the 1990-91 seasons.

• The Redskins facing an NFC East opponent following a bye week for the fourth time in Mike Shanahan’s four seasons in Washington.

• The Redskins and Cowboys renewing a series that has seen 11 of the last 12 games in Dallas be decided by seven points or less.

• Tight end Fred Davis gaining two receiving yards to reach 2,000 for his career.

• Linebacker London Fletcher, the NFL’s active Iron Man, playing his 245th consecutive regular season game, extending his record by a defensive player since the 1970 merger.

• Fletcher starting his 204th consecutive regular season game as he continues to chase Derrick Brooks for the most consecutive starts by a linebacker in NFL history (208).

• Fletcher intercepting a pass to tie Rich Milot (13) for the fourth-most interceptions by a linebacker in team history.

• Fletcher registering an interception to take sole possession of the league lead for the most interceptions by a linebacker since 2007. Fletcher and now-retired Brian Urlacher each have 12 interceptions since Fletcher
joined the Redskins in 2007.

• Fletcher maintaining his status as the only active player with at least 30 career sacks (38.0) and at least 20 career interceptions (23).

• Quarterback Robert Griffin III throwing for 300 yards for the fourth time in a season for the first time in his career. Griffin III has had three 300-yard passing games in both 2012 and the first four games of 2013.

• Griffin III joining Sonny Jurgensen (five in 1967), Joe Theismann (four in 1983), Jay Schroeder (five in 1986), Mark Rypien (five in 1989), and Brad Johnson (four in 1999) as the only players in team history to register at least four 300-yard passing games in a season.

• Griffin III recording his seventh career 300-yard passing game to tie Sammy Baugh and Jay Schroeder for fourth-most in team history.

• Griffin III throwing one touchdown pass to match Doug Williams for 15th-most in team history (27).

• Cornerback DeAngelo Hall returning a fumble for a touchdown to tie Jessie Tuggle for the second-most in NFL history (five). Hall’s four career fumble return touchdowns are currently tied for third in NFL history with Bill Thompson, Derrick Thomas, Keith Bulluck and Ronde Barber.

• Hall intercepting a pass to give him 21 interceptions as a member of the Redskins, which would tie him with Vernon Dean and Lemar Parrish for 10th-most in franchise history.

• Hall returning a fumble for a touchdown to become the first player in NFL history with five fumble returns for touchdowns and four interception returns for touchdowns.

• Wide receiver Leonard Hankerson catching a touchdown pass to match his single-season career high from last season (three).

• Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan recording 3.5 sacks to tie Wilber Marshall for the 10th-most career sacks by a Redskin (24.5).

• Kerrigan returning an interception for a touchdown to become the first linebacker in team history to have an interception return for touchdown in three consecutive seasons.

• Running back Alfred Morris posting his ninth career 100-yard game to tie Ladell Betts for ninth-most in team history.

• Wide receiver Santana Moss scoring a touchdown to tie Stephen Davis for 10th-most total touchdowns in team history (48). With two touchdowns, he can tie former teammate Clinton Portis for ninth (49).

• Moss registering 29 receiving yards to become the fourth player in team history to amass 7,500 receiving yards as a member of the Redskins (Art Monk, Charley Taylor and Gary Clark).

• Moss recording six receptions to pass Gary Clark (549) for third in team history for career receptions as a Redskin.

• Moss catching five passes to become the ninth active player to reach 700 career receptions.

• Linebacker Brian Orakpo (32.5 career sacks, seventh-most in team history) chasing Andre Carter (34.0, sixth) and Dave Butz (35.5, fifth) on the Redskins’ all-time sack list.

winwould_zps61c4d7db.gif

… give the Redskins’ their second win of the season.

… make the Redskins 1-1 in NFC East games this season.

… result in the Redskins’ first three-game winning streak against Dallas since winning four in a row across the 1986-88 seasons.

… mean consecutive road victories against the Cowboys for the first time since winning three consecutive road games against Dallas across the 1987-89 seasons.

… represent road wins in consecutive games for the first time since Weeks 15-16 last season.

… improve the Redskins’ 2013 road record to 2-1.

… push the Redskins’ all-time record following bye weeks to 13-12.

… give the Redskins wins following the bye week in consecutive seasons for the first time since winning three consecutive post-bye games from 2005-07.

… give Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan his 177th career victory as a head coach, including postseason games.

… be Shanahan’s 169th career regular season victory as a head coach.

… improve Shanahan’s career regular season record against the teams that comprise the NFC East to 19-15.

… make the Redskins 43-62-2 against the Cowboys all-time, including postseason games.

LEAUGELEADERS_zps74060721.gif

Redskins Offense
• Ranks first in the NFC and second in the NFL in sacks allowed (7)

• Ranks first in the NFC and tied for third in the NFL in red zone touchdown efficiency (63.6%)

• Ranks first in the NFC and tied for third in the NFL in passing first downs per game (16.3)

• Ranks fourth in the NFC and seventh in the NFL in pass completions per game (26.5)

• Ranks third in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt (4.8)

• Ranks third in the NFC and fourth in the NFL in pass attempts per game (42.5)

• Ranks fourth in the NFC and sixth in the NFL in yards per first down plays (5.98)

• Ranks fifth in the NFC and eighth in the NFL in total yards per game (390.8)

Redskins Defense
• Ranks tied for first in the NFC and tied for second in the NFL in total return touchdowns (3)

• Ranks first in the NFC and fourth in the NFL in sacks per passing play (9.6)

• Ranks tied for first in the NFC and tied for seventh in the NFL in sacks (15)

• Ranks second in the NFC and seventh in the NFL in sack yards (102)

• Ranks tied for third in the NFC and tied for sixth in the NFL in fumble recoveries (4)

• Ranks tied for fourth in the NFC and tied for sixth in the NFL in third down conversions allowed (20)

Redskins Special Teams
• Ranks first in the NFL in kick return average against (17.9)

Redskins Players
• Pierre Garçon ranks second in the NFC and fourth in the NFL among wide receivers in receptions per game (7.4)

• Garçon ranks tied for second in the NFC among wide receivers in third-down receptions (9)

• Garçon ranks tied for fourth in the NFC among wide receivers in receptions (29)

• Garçon ranks tied for fourth in the NFC among wide receivers in first downs (19)

• Robert Griffin III ranks third in the NFL in pass attempts per game (42.5)

• Griffin III ranks third in the NFC and fifth in the NFL in fourth quarter passer rating (112.5)

• DeAngelo Hall ranks first in the NFL in defensive touchdowns (2)

• Hall ranks first in the NFL in fumble return yards (75)

• Ryan Kerrigan ranks first in the NFC and third in the NFL in sack yardage (42)

• Kerrigan ranks tied for first in the NFC and tied for sixth in the NFL in sacks (5)

• Alfred Morris ranks second in the NFC and third in the NFL among running backs in yards per rush (5.3)

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

ARLINGTON, Texas – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for tonight’s game against the Dallas Cowboys:

For the Washington Redskins:

-          No. 8 QB Rex Grossman

-          No. 24 S Bacarri Rambo

-          No. 25 RB Chris Thompson

-          No. 32 S Jordan Pugh

-          No. 51 LB Brandon Jenkins

-          No. 67 G Josh LeRibeus

-          No. 95 NT Chris Neild

No. 15 Joshua Morgan is expected to return kickoffs and punts in place of No. 25 Chris Thompson.

No. 31 Brandon Meriweather is expected to start at free safety in place of No. 24 Bacarri Rambo.

No. 37 Reed Doughty is expected to start at strong safety in place of Meriweather.

No. 85 Leonard Hankerson is expected to start at wide receiver in place of Morgan.

FIRST QUARTER

Redskins kick off. Boys start at the 20. Dallas driving. Three plays & its 3rd & 1. Chain gang is out & they convert for a 1st down. Romo sits to pee to Murray over the vacated middle for a gain of 16. Defense needs to make a play here. Flag on Amerson for holding. Wrong play there rookie. Ball at the Redskins 38. Romo sits to pee throws incomplete to Witten. Murray to the right for 4 stopped by Riley. Fletcher changes the D. Kerrigan almost gets to Romo sits to pee who completes to Witten for a 1st down. Romo sits to pee complete to William who had to come back for it. Gain of 12 1st & goal at the 8. Murray up the middle, stopped by Fletcher. Flag for hands to the face on Rob Jackson. Grrrrrr. TD Murray. 

Dallas gets first blood here on the opening drive. However, you never heard heard Dez Bryant's name called once because Hall is taking him out of the game. So there's that. For now.

Redskins Opening Drive

Morgan back to return. Touchback. Redskins ball at the 20. 

ALf & DY in the backfield. RG3 passes complete to Hank, gain of 19. Griff on a scramble. GAME ON ****ES! Two plays & we're at midfield. Griff hands off to Morris for 3. Morris tests the right side for no gain. 3rd & 7. Griff to Reed over the middle where TEs have been KILLING the Dallas D at all year. Screen to Moss for a loss of 3. 2nd Down. Skins line upp 3 WRs to the left Griff goes to Reed at the right. 1st down. Morris up the middle stopped by Lee. We're passing all over these clowns much like they did our Defense. Cue a shootout. Morris with a great cut picks up 8 yards. !st down at the 9. Fakes the handoff to Morris rolls out & passes to Morris. Incomplete. 2nd down & goal. Morris to the right stopped by Ware. No gain. 3rd & goal. Griffen scrambles, stopped by Lee. 7 yard gain, 4th & goal. Forbath in to kick it & its good. 

Redskins 13 plays 78 yards. 

Redskins 3

Dallas 7

Thoughts At The Half

Griffen is FOCUSED. He was right. that early Bye came at the right time for him. O Line/run game still isn't where it should be & needs some work. Hank is starting to FINALLY come into his own. Third down is still a problem for the Offense. The Defense is only going to do two things for you. 1) is give up yards. A lot of yards. And 2) get you a few picks. Knowing that, the Offense REALLY needed to capitalize on INTs the Defense gets them. In the 2nd Quarter, they failed to do that.

Fletcher - I keep hearing his named called on almost every play. Maybe the Bye Week helped him as well.  He still doesn't need to be in coverage, but he's having a good game against the run.

Stupid penalties are stupid. I wish this team would get that into their heads & cut out the silly ****. 

The Deep Ball - Where is it? We've barely seen it this year.

Special Teams - Yeah, they're "special" alight. Still, though that running into the official was a **** call. The official is part of the field & guys get coached to play through them. 

Bottom line is, RG3 can do this, but he's still going to need help from the Defense like a pick six. I'd also like to see them come back out running their Turbo O. And better clock management  Geez.

Oh & to why they burned timeouts on 3rd Down, they started doing this on those drives:

Final Thoughts

The penalty right before the Morris TD may have been iffy, but I call it karma for the iffy ST call from the 1st half. Maybe one day we'll start scoring TDs again in the First Half. 

That said, the TD seemed to energize the Defense as Riley sacked Romo sits to pee on their 1st responding drive. Then continued to force a 3 & out.

The offense held the ball for 12:08 in the 3rd Qtr. They were rewarded with seven points for their efforts. ;They continued to get abused on the OL by Dallas street pickups. Ware didn't even play the 2nd half & they were STILL having issues. Offense started looking better in the second half, but they still look like they're all a bit off. Griffen showing us how to do Romoing with a pick in the endzone didn't help either. Threre's more then one problem with this team. It's not just a rookie secondary. It's not just bad Special Teams. Nor is it simply the knee. You see flashes, just not enough action on them to see them roll them together into moving forward, out of this funk they seem to have been in all year.

If they want to save this season, they'd better figure it out. And do it fastlike. Hell, they've already wasted the Bye. 

This game is basically the season for us I think. Not to say it would be impossible for us to rebound if we lose, because there is a lot of season left, but just from a momentum and division standings perspective.

If we win, we're 2-3, with a 1-1 record in the NFC East. Dallas is 2-4 and suddenly struggling. You know how quickly that team folds at the first sign of adversity.

If we lose, we're 1-4 with a 0-2 record in the division. 2 games back of Dallas at 3-3. It's not impossible to overcome that, but I don't want to give Dallas any momentum at this point in the season, because we would really struggle to keep pace with them and make up that ground.

Season is on the line. Division arch-rival Dallas, in their building. Primetime, national audience. Time to bring the pain, make Romo sits to pee our **** on defense and have Griffin light up that puny Cowpukes secondary all night long.

For what it's worth, I saw Collinsworth in the Sports Club earlier. I've never seen a dude doing cardio & not break a sweat. Creepy.

Chris seems to be pretty disliked here, but  I've always liked him as a player and usually he's fine with me as a talking head other than when he goes Cowboy homer.

Am I the only one that's a little upset that the game is on late with season premier of The Walking Dead?

HTTR

No, I am like you on this and admit that TV has become too large in my life.  :lol:

For what it's worth, I saw Collinsworth in the Sports Club earlier. I've never seen a dude doing cardio & not break a sweat. Creepy.

Honestly he just seems creepy. I will give him credit that he has changed alot from his days on HBO's football program(1st and 10 think that was the name) years ago. He was a total ass on that program. He seems to have to become alot more humble with his opinions.

Chris seems to be pretty disliked here, but I've always liked him as a player and usually he's fine with me as a talking head other than when he goes Cowboy homer.

No, I am like you on this and admit that TV has become too large in my life. :lol:

Yes no doubt haha!

They'll replay Walking Dead.

I love my wife though Lololol

I love DVR. Don't have this problem.

I love it. Can't wait to get Xfinity X1 in my neck of the woods!!!

So Babs' camera worked fine last night until he pulled the memory card out. We're at a BestBuy where we just found out the new card isn't reading either. Babs went to buy a new camera body. Turns out they won't sell just the body so we're off to Fries.

The first turning point of this season.  In RG3's early career, he has proven to show up in these type of do or die games.  

Yeah I'm hoping the bye worked wonders for him, and he built on the week to week improvement that we were seeing. The offense is going to have to show up big in the first half tonight.

BTW, I really hate late starts, especially after we didn't play last week, and had a 4pm start the week before that.

This feels like Week One 2012 & I bet the team comes out with that same mindset. We played a team with a beast of an Offense but a horrible Defense (2012 Saints/2013 Cowboys) We just out pointed them. Add to that,

1. RGIII has gotten his 4 'preseason' games of work in and is healthier than he was in week one, of this season

2. No current injuries and we're 100% finally (Jarvis Jenkins/Rob "Action" Jackson)

I think we see that exact score again

Skins 40 

Cowboys 32

Archived