Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Week

CGSKINS

This better be the resurg3nce of Griffin. Back home where his family and friends are, under the bright lights and first game on a surface other than grass (maybe will help his speed). We need this win. A win puts us either in first or maybe behind the eagles, a loss puts us 0-2 in the division and in a real bad spot. We can win this game and I expect the team to come out fired up and ready to erase the beginning of the year with a fresh start.

Any hope we have of doing something this season really rests on this game. Not that we necessarily have to win but yeah we definitely need to win it or else we will be buried. A loss may likely mean that the team is still in a funk and not improving which spells doom for the season.

We need to see a new team come to play in Dallas. Time to save our season. 

28-24 Redskins

Meh. There was a time when the hatred towards Dallas and the excitement leading up to the game was genuine. Now it's manufactured and force fed.  It just isn't the same anymore.

Don't get me wrong (some of you will) I love beating Dallas, but until the 'skins and 'boys can get back to prominence and become playoff contenders on a consistent basis this "rivalry" has lost it's luster.

I always laughed at the 'skins fans that claimed they didn't care if the 'skins were 2-14 as long as they beat Dallas twice. What a joke.

I know I touched a nerve, but I also know that many feel this way.

That **** is sooooo bush league.

I agree

I don't understand when people say the Cowboys have a lot of weapons.

Dez is excellent, but can be marginalized by getting into his head.

Witten is excellent all the way around.

Murray has very short bursts of excellence, but is mostly below average.

Austin is slightly below average...He would be the #4 receiver on the 'skins.

Williams and Beasley are well below average, and both would have a hard time making our roster over Aldrick Robinson.

When Romo sits to pee is calm, he does a good job of making smart reads, and getting the ball to the guy that is open. This is the only reason these guys who's talent looks marginal on tape, produce good numbers.

Of course, when Romo sits to pee is NOT calm, he tries too hard to get the big play, and then makes a bone-headed mistake.

Romo sits to pee's last night was a great example...Romo sits to pee had good chance to win the game. He had a below average receiver running a route badly. When calm, he does the right thing (change reads, run, or throw it away), but when the situation is critical, he gets tunnel vision, and attempts throws that he should not attempt.

So, the same formula the 'skins used last year, will work this year. Make Dez frustrated and emotional by pestering the crap out of him, and get Romo sits to pee into pressure situations.

Dallas just played the best team in the league nose to nose and didn't even blink.  I'm not sure the Skins can hang with them yet playing this way.

Remember on our 7 game run we beat The defending SB champs and the Future SB champs. Year before that we swept the SB champs. Every year Romo sits to pee and Dallas play the game of their life against a great team only to fall on their face.

Romo sits to pee is a head case right now. And if you think that lost is not going to in his head sunday night you are crazy. Dallas is ripe for the picking and we are the team to do it.

I would like to think that the skins have some pride and that they feel some type of way about how the Media has basically left them for dead and they have slandered our QB(Howard Bryant).

I would hope that the whole name change BS would fire them up too. Nobody is going to give us a chance sunday night and thats cool. The game is played on the feild.

For as bad as the skins played last month the pick by Romo sits to pee open the door for the skins and its our duty to bum rush it.

Any hope we have of doing something this season really rests on this game. Not that we necessarily have to win but yeah we definitely need to win it or else we will be buried. A loss may likely mean that the team is still in a funk and not improving which spells doom for the season.

We need to see a new team come to play in Dallas. Time to save our season. 

28-24 Redskins

This a huge game bro. If we lose the season over IMO.

You could tell that dallas put all their heart and soul in that game… They came out and took it to Denver, and to lose the way they did is just heartbreaking… I have always believed that there is no such thing as a moral victory.

Jerry Jones said after the game that it was the quietest that he had ever heard it… The defense was not even allowed to speak to the media according to ESPN Sportcenter this morning...

For them to prepare the way they did all week and to come out with guns blazing, only to fall short is demoralizing…

I think playing them this exact week after their game with Denver VERY good for the Redskins!!!

Now all we have to do is just get back to playing good solid football… And go there and punch them in the mouth!!!

I think we can shut down Murray and the run game.

I think we can contain Dez. He seems to bring the A game from DH.

I'm very worried about Witten carving up the middle of the field.

If we can hold them to FGs in the red zone, I like our chances on Sunday night.

**** the Cowboys!

Dallas just played the best team in the league nose to nose and didn't even blink.  I'm not sure the Skins can hang with them yet playing this way.

We went nose to nose with the 13-3 Super Bowl bound Patriots two years ago with Rex Grossman.  It doesn't mean a thing.

You could tell that dallas put all their heart and soul in that game… They came out and took it to Denver, and to lose the way they did is just heartbreaking… I have always believed that there is no such thing as a moral victory.

Jerry Jones said after the game that it was the quietest that he had ever heard it… The defense was not even allowed to speak to the media according to ESPN Sportcenter this morning...

For them to prepare the way they did all week and to come out with guns blazing, only to fall short is demoralizing…

I think playing them this exact week after their game with Denver VERY good for the Redskins!!!

Now all we have to do is just get back to playing good solid football… And go there and punch them in the mouth!!!

You are absolutely right.  I think it will be extremely difficult for Dallas to come out next week with high emotion.  They have to be emotionally drained after yesterday.  It's just human nature.

We went nose to nose with the 13-3 Super Bowl bound Patriots two years ago with Rex Grossman.  It doesn't mean a thing.

Exactly. This is the NFL; a majority of games are decided by one score. There's no need to put the Broncos on a pedestal far above other high quality teams that have played in this league. Many teams get it together for a week and put in their best effort against high quality opponents in order to make a statement but ultimately fall short because they aren't at that level yet. That's Dallas. 

We know what winning this game requires. We're going to have to make a number of key stops, run the ball well and not give up any turnovers. Play clean and efficient on offense and we can keep their offense off the field. That, of course, plays strongly into our ability to run the ball. Our offense really matches up well with Dallas. It's the defense that is going to have to make a statement on Sunday. It all starts with the likely Hall/Dez matchup.

I don't understand when people say the Cowboys have a lot of weapons.

Dez is excellent, but can be marginalized by getting into his head.

Witten is excellent all the way around.

Murray has very short bursts of excellence, but is mostly below average.

Austin is slightly below average...He would be the #4 receiver on the 'skins.

Williams and Beasley are well below average, and both would have a hard time making our roster over Aldrick Robinson.

When Romo sits to pee is calm, he does a good job of making smart reads, and getting the ball to the guy that is open. This is the only reason these guys who's talent looks marginal on tape, produce good numbers.

Of course, when Romo sits to pee is NOT calm, he tries too hard to get the big play, and then makes a bone-headed mistake.

Romo sits to pee's last night was a great example...Romo sits to pee had good chance to win the game. He had a below average receiver running a route badly. When calm, he does the right thing (change reads, run, or throw it away), but when the situation is critical, he gets tunnel vision, and attempts throws that he should not attempt.

So, the same formula the 'skins used last year, will work this year. Make Dez frustrated and emotional by pestering the crap out of him, and get Romo sits to pee into pressure situations.

Dude....that was a homerific post lol

Dude....that was a homerific post lol

The "Dallas Week" thread is supposed to be a homer thread.... a pep rally thread as we go against one of our hated rivals.

Of course, you crybaby bandwagoners aren't going to have any of that. Three posts into this thread, there's a bunch of crying, ****ing, and whining about how we have no hope. :rolleyes:

Take your whiny doom and gloom somewhere else.

The "Dallas Week" thread is supposed to be a homer thread.... a pep rally thread as we go against one of our hated rivals.

Of course, you crybaby bandwagoners aren't going to have any of that. Three posts into this thread, there's a bunch of crying, ****ing, and whining about how we have no hope. :rolleyes:

Bandwagoners because we don't think we are going to magically turn it around and crush Dallas...

Whatever it takes to get you through day my friend. 

Saying things like Miles Austin would be a #4 WR on our team is just ****ing asinine and makes this site look dumb as hell.

Bandwagoners because we don't think we are going to magically turn it around and crush Dallas...

Whatever it takes to get you through day my friend. 

Apparently being a Debbie downer and disparaging your so-called "favorite team" gets you through yours.

Ha ha. If you let some anonymous schmucks on a message board dictate your mood, you've got bigger issues.

Take a look around my friend. In years past this thread would've been multiple pages deep by now. This "pep rally" has a very poor attendance.

But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself to get angry and call out other 'skins fans then by all means carry on.

Ha ha. If you let some anonymous schmucks on a message board dictate your mood, you've got bigger issues.

Take a look around my friend. In years past this thread would've been multiple pages deep by now. This "pep rally" has a very poor attendance.

But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself to get angry and call out other 'skins fans then by all means carry on.

So says another crybaby bandwagoner. :lol:

My mood is fine. In fact, this rough start to our season has been enlightening. I've seen the true colors of some of the long time members here, and just what quitters they are.

But hey, if all you want to do is come here and stomp all over a pep rally thread with your whining, there's nothing I can do to stop you.

Archived