Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Week

CGSKINS

Yea bra. Sick of all the negativity on this board. People act like we Going down to dallas To play Troy,Emitt, and Mike Irvin.People act like we are about to play Charles Haley and Dion Sanders.  We are going to play a team that we SWEPT.....I'm going to say it again....SWEPT last year. And this is a 2-3 team we facing. But people are scared of these cats. Man **** Dallas! I'm telling y'all we are in there heads. They do not want to see us.

Tony Romo sits to pee suffers from a serous disease called competitive anxiety. He is ****ed in the head. Under pressure he will fold. He needs to go see a Doctor. 

We are going down to Dallas and beat the dog **** out of those clowns. They are frauds. 

Its Dallas week baby and I'm hype!!!!!!

I guarantee these bums will not put 500 yards on us. it aint happening. 

Its Dallas week baby and I'm hype!!!!!!

I guarantee these bums will not put 500 yards on us. it aint happening. 

We own Dallas. People need to act like the know.

Meh. There was a time when the hatred towards Dallas and the excitement leading up to the game was genuine. Now it's manufactured and force fed.  It just isn't the same anymore.

Don't get me wrong (some of you will) I love beating Dallas, but until the 'skins and 'boys can get back to prominence and become playoff contenders on a consistent basis this "rivalry" has lost it's luster.

I always laughed at the 'skins fans that claimed they didn't care if the 'skins were 2-14 as long as they beat Dallas twice. What a joke.

I know I touched a nerve, but I also know that many feel this way.

The rivalry is definitely forced at this point. KingGibbs is right. I've lived in Dallas country my whole life and they 100% have more venom for the Eagles and Giants now. We make a much bigger deal about them than they do us.

Now, the last game of the season last year had a little kick to it because it was Dallas and if we played those types of games against them for a number of years the fire would get re-lit to a certain extent, but 20 years where either one or both teams were duds has taken some luster away.

This is gonna be one looooooonnnnnnnng week.   

I'm staying positive.  RGIII is as good as new, our D has learned to tackle, and the O-line is a double-thick cinderblock wall.

Hail!

That is exactly what i was thinking then the wife woke me up for work and realized it was all a dream.

The stars would have to totally align for this one.  We'd need some turnovers and some key stops.

We have a much better front 7 than Denver, but that's about it. 

But we need to cover Dez, Terrance Williams, Whitten, Beasely... man.  When they drafted Terrance Williams I was pissed.

We'll see.

Redskins 28

Cowboys 38

needless to say we need to play mistake free football, our running game needs to be very productive and RGIII needs to hit some receivers early, plus a couple of nice runs by him of the RO early.  

Our front 7 must get to Romo sits to pee and rattle him a few times, because our secondary will not be able to contain their weapons.  Still in order for the boys to lose this one we need at least +2 turnover ration

Cowboys 38

Skins       28

I will be in Dallas for this game.  First ever away game as a Redskins fan for me, other than the preseason game against the Ravens a few years back.  Anyway, I'm hoping to bring some positive mojo.  Nothing is more exciting than beating Dallas.  Last year was such a great year but it's time to focus on THIS YEAR. 

Morris has a BIG BIG BIG day on the ground.  We need to control the ball in this one.  Hopefully this game is very similar to week 17 last year.  Morris on the ground and RG3 being serviceable. 

Where I live in southern va there are just as many Cowboy fans as Redskin fans.  I always want to beat Dallas so bad because the S*** talking around here is heard year round.  So for me this rivalry is as strong as it ever was. That being said, after seeing Dallas against Denver unless we miraculously fixed all of our flaws we really don't stand a chance.  This may look similar to the Green Bay game.  Until the Redskins show me some kind of improvement I'm going to have this mindset going into every game.  We got VERY lucky against the Raiders not to have to face Pryor.  HTTR

Meh. There was a time when the hatred towards Dallas and the excitement leading up to the game was genuine. Now it's manufactured and force fed.  It just isn't the same anymore.

Don't get me wrong (some of you will) I love beating Dallas, but until the 'skins and 'boys can get back to prominence and become playoff contenders on a consistent basis this "rivalry" has lost it's luster.

Wake up feeling a bit dodgy?  Lost its luster? force fed?  What are you going on about?  This game should fire you up, your complete dislike for Dallas should be screaming through your veins (especially this week).  It's a rivalry,  and a grand one at that.  Nowhere in the definition of rivalry does it state that both teams have to be consistent playoff contenders.  The beauty of a rivalry is that no matter what record, no matter what talent, no matter what year, and no matter what day, the complete and utter disdain for an opponent is there.  This, my friend, is the case with Dallas.  If playing Dallas gets you no more excited than playing Minnesota, then I feel for you.  If seeing that silver helmet being buried into the ground gets you no more fired up than a Chargers one, then I feel for you.  If watching Romo sits to pee walk off the field with his head down gives you no more pleasure than Matt Flynn doing the same, then I feel for you.

Our grandfathers and fathers and mothers and sisters and brothers and friends have guided us down this path of contempt for that franchise down there in Dallas and we should be oh so thankful.  We should carry on and emulate the excitement, the anxiousness, and furor that was instilled in us.  We have borne witness to some of the most joyous of wins (1983 NFC Chamiponship game, Nick Novak's  game winning FG with no time left in 2006, Santana Moss' two touchdown grab from Brunell late in the 4th on Monday Night in 2005, Cooley's complete dismantling of Dallas near Christmas later that year, the final game at RFK, Danny Copeland's fumble recovery, Thanksgiving last year and the game that won us the division for the first time since 1999) and some of the most disheartening of losses (Aikman to Ismail in OT 1999, Getting destroyed by 35 day after Christmas 1993, losing the day Monk and Green were honored for the HOF, the 11 game losing streak, Being excited by Grossman's comeback only for him to throw that late pick in 2010).  To exclaim that this game only matters if we are an elite, consistent, playoff team is to demean the effort, the passion, and fortitude put forward by all the players who wore the Burgundy and Gold in years past.

These were some of the greatest games and worst games, and yet they mattered not what our record was.  It mattered not who our coach was, who our QB was, or where our stadium was.  We were playing Dallas.  WE ARE PLAYING DALLAS.  There is a time to be awakened, There is a time for momentum to build, and there is a time to stand your ground behind your football club. The week is Dallas, The game is Sunday.

Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath, Fight for Ol' DC!

Run or Pass and Score, we want a lot more

Beat 'em Swamp 'em touchdown, let the points soar!

Fight on, Fight on til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton Rah Rah Rah!

Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath, Fight for Ol' DC!

The stars would have to totally align for this one.  We'd need some turnovers and some key stops.

We have a much better front 7 than Denver, but that's about it. 

But we need to cover Dez, Terrance Williams, Whitten, Beasely... man.  When they drafted Terrance Williams I was pissed.

We'll see.

Redskins 28

Cowboys 38

Just look to you're sig for an answer, R-Jax goes off, call it a gut feeling or premonition...whatever, you got the scores backassward. 

Dallas has played better than we have, but they're still not very good. We can definitely turn things around for this one. Honestly, just protect the ball for all four quarters and we have a really good chance.

Really man....Dallas was beaten by the chargers..show some confidence CGSKINS  I'm hearing ya

Archived