Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Pft - Report: Bills Open To Trading Jairus Byrd

Bobby Peppers

I woul imagine the bills are looking for more than a 4th right? Can we even fit him under the cap this year?

Yes to your first question. No to your second (is my understanding anyway).

Great safety, would love for it to work, but it's not gonna happen. We don't need a pro bowl FS, we just need a decent one. Think it'll have to be an offseason move.

We do indeed, need a Pro Bowl safety my friend.

I would LOVE to have a ProBowl safety. Can we afford one? Can we afford to pay RG3,Orakpo, Trent, Kerrigan, etc. their fair market value while also paying a safety $9 mill/year? Byrd is currently earning franchise tag money and is unhappy about it. I don't see him taking a team friendly re-structure down the road. But, yes I love the idea of him playing here.

All relative to what the Bills want. 

If you could get him for a 5th or lower, then I make the call yesterday. 

With him not playing since the last game of last season, and it being obvious the Bills are looking to ship and recoup anything they can as he won't be extended there, the ball should be in the buying clubs court. 

Hail. 

We do indeed, need a Pro Bowl safety my friend.

No, we do NOT need a pro-bowl safety, we just NEED a defense that can tackle.  We NEED to find out how we can get the offense of the first half snide.  If we could tackle and at least have the offense play a first half with some compentency, we'd be sitting at 3-1 and maybe even 4-0 right now.

No, we do NOT need a pro-bowl safety, we just NEED a defense that can tackle.  We NEED to find out how we can get the offense of the first half snide.  If we could tackle and at least have the offense play a first half with some compentency, we'd be sitting at 3-1 and maybe even 4-0 right now.

Maybe I'm dumb but I'll never pass up the chance of having a Pro Bowler at a position that we currently have none.

Silly me....

(Obviously this would be predicated on Byrd's health)

As I understand it he has plantar fasciitis injuries on both feet. You don't see that everyday. Someone needs to introduce him to custom orthotics and advise that he stop buying discount cleats. The good news is that treatment and rest typically clear that injury up completely. Stress on rest, there is no way around simply waiting for it to heal. If they fix this footwear issue and he learns to stretch properly it should be recurring.

This could be a situation where the skins consider trading Orakpo if they don't think resigning him will be something they want to pay. Both guys are going to need a new contract and the skins might have a greater need in the secondary right now with Rob Jackson coming back. I'm not an Orakpo hater but getting a probowl defensive back is big time value.

He is 28, hurt and expensive.

Pass.

Espn says he's 26.

I'm not big on trading for guys that are injured, but if it's just a 4th (which was thrown out there in the op), I'd do it, and see how things go. The Skins are going to have to play ball this offseason. Can't keep signing and drafting "Just A Guy" at safety. We've let go of two quality starters and haven't found adequate replacements. Sometimes you have to take risks.

He is the exact type of player to fit into our defense too. He is young and exactly what we need. We have good corners, but they need to play aggressively and they can't now because our safeties need to be protected. We can not come close to affording him currently, unless something drastic happens to Londons contract, but we certainly can next season.

As I understand it he has plantar fasciitis injuries on both feet. You don't see that everyday. Someone needs to introduce him to custom orthotics and advise that he stop buying discount cleats. The good news is that treatment and rest typically clear that injury up completely. Stress on rest, there is no way around simply waiting for it to heal. If they fix this footwear issue and he learns to stretch properly it should be recurring.

This could be a situation where the skins consider trading Orakpo if they don't think resigning him will be something they want to pay. Both guys are going to need a new contract and the skins might have a greater need in the secondary right now with Rob Jackson coming back. I'm not an Orakpo hater but getting a probowl defensive back is big time value.

Espn says he's 26.

Plantar fasciitis is very hard to clear up.  Usually, it comes and goes, despite treatment.  Many recommend stretching the calf muscles, increasing flexibility, controlling inflammation.  Sometimes you can attempt steroid injections, but in my experience those don't work all that well.  It'll be a recurrent problem, which you have to take into account if you consider trading for him.  It also hurts like a mf. 

It sucks.

Archived