Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox: First Cases Of Flesh-Eating Drug Krokodil Surface In Us

China

First cases of flesh-eating drug Krokodil surface in US

Krokodil, a flesh-eating drug which first surfaced in Russia more than a decade ago, has reportedly been found in the United States.

Similar to morphine or heroin, krokodil is made by mixing codeine with substances like gasoline, paint thinner, oil or alcohol. That mixture is then injected into a vein, potentially causing an addict's skin to turn greenish, scaly and eventually rot away.

Dr. Frank LoVecchio, co-medical director at Banner Good Samaritan Poison and Drug Information Center in Arizona, told CBS5 that the first two cases of people using the drug have been reported in the state. He declined to comment on the patients' conditions.

"As far as I know, these are the first cases in the United States that are reported," LoVecchio said, adding that the cases are believed to be linked. "So we're extremely frightened."

Click on the link for the full article

I understand, but remember some of us browse the msgboard at work, or with kids walking by......I am not timid about graphic stuff online, but I just want to protect those around me who are.

I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but thanks for taking them down and linking to them instead.

And yeah, that drug is some nasty stuff.  I am not sure who would even attemt it if it has that kind of effect.

What is the "hook" is it just that highly addictive or something? Once you inject it once and it turns your vein green or melts away some skin, why would you ever do it again?

Why would anyone do a drug that even sounds like an animal that kills things and eats their flesh as a way of life?

"Hey, bro. Shoot me up in your arm. It's totally safe. Legit."

Reminds me of a Dennis Leary comment..."Why would I do a drug that's named after a part of my own ***?"

• 2 months later...

Mexican 17-Year-Old Injects Krokodil Into Genitals

Doctors in Mexico originally suspected a 17-year-old girl had contracted a sexually transmitted disease, until they learned she had injected Krokodil into her genitals.

The 17-year-old, who was not named, is the first case of Krokodil in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.

Doctors said they were shocked by the “severe lacerations” on the patient's genitals.

Known as the “drug that eats junkies,” the morphine derivative is cut with chemicals like household cleaners, paint thinner and even gasoline.

It’s known to rot flesh at the injection site, a condition otherwise known as gangrene.

"The young woman who used this drug had an infection that had rotted her genitals," José Sotero Ruiz Hernández of Mexico's National Institute of Migration told Mexican newspaper El Periodico Correo.

"It wasn't sexually transmitted,” he added. “She said she'd been using Krokodil for the last two month.”

Mexican 17-Year-Old Injects Krokodil Into Genitals

Doctors in Mexico originally suspected a 17-year-old girl had contracted a sexually transmitted disease, until they learned she had injected Krokodil into her genitals.

The 17-year-old, who was not named, is the first case of Krokodil in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.

Doctors said they were shocked by the “severe lacerations” on the patient's genitals.

Known as the “drug that eats junkies,” the morphine derivative is cut with chemicals like household cleaners, paint thinner and even gasoline.

It’s known to rot flesh at the injection site, a condition otherwise known as gangrene.

"The young woman who used this drug had an infection that had rotted her genitals," José Sotero Ruiz Hernández of Mexico's National Institute of Migration told Mexican newspaper El Periodico Correo.

"It wasn't sexually transmitted,” he added. “She said she'd been using Krokodil for the last two month.”

On a positive note, hopefully she can no longer have any kids and expose them to such an environment. 

Archived