Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Whoever wins we need to have a good presidency. By 2016 we will have had 16 years without one which has harmed the United States immeasurably. Additionally, if the Republican can't win in 2016 in conjunction with 2012 it will clearly confirm the demographic lock the Democrats have been claiming they were going to get for years has arrived.  

Any chance the GOP nominates Ron Paul, or has that ship sailed? I'd vote for him in a heartbeat, as I think ending the fed and scaling back the military are the two best things that could be done for the country.

I somehow doubt that happens though, as the right seems intent on protecting the big money and the MIC, so it looks like I will be voting for a dem again, at least the dems will give lip service to the people's interests. Lesser of two evils.

The two party system is such crap.

I think the baton has been handed to Ran now. Any Paul aspirations will go through him.

Rand is a kook. A far cry from his pops. Unless he too wants to end the fed and stop with big military, which is why I liked Ron . . . Rand seems more tea party wacko to me.

Rand is a kook. A far cry from his pops. Unless he too wants to end the fed and stop with big military, which is why I liked Ron . . . Rand seems more tea party wacko to me.

He is the pertinent one in the Paul family now, I think Ron has stepped back. 

He is the pertinent one in the Paul family now, I think Ron has stepped back.

I suppose that is right. Too bad. I was ready to vote for Ron in 2012, but the GOP was too dumb to give him a fair chance.

Honestly, our elections are so rigged by big money that I have very little hope we will ever see somebody opposed to the corpratocracy make a serious run.

I hope Hillary doesn't run. She didn't do well as the Secretary of State like I said earlier we really can't afford to have 3 bad presidents in a row. If She does win lets hope it was more the fulltime State Department personnel that was the primary problem

That's what I was thinking, until my husband brought up a point...

We all thought that in '08 as well. And so did she. Maybe she got a little too complacent, & it's gonna take even more effort & hard work this time, with the "crazy" just a tad more "crazy" than in '08. We can't let any single "meh" voter forget the government shutdown for nothing, the war on women's reproductive rights, or the refusal to even entertain votes for immigration reform, yet still finding time to vote 40+ times to repeal a law already deemed Constitutional by the SCOTUS. It's an absolute refusal to govern for the people, fueled by a hatred for this President, that someone termed very eloquently in another thread...I think it may have been you, elka?

We must remind folks that if the GOP is willing to hurt the people to "Waterloo" one POTUS, they'll certainly throw all manner of money at an attempt to "Benghazi" the next. 

She was the favorite in '08 early, but Obama was making noise early too and people were interested in him even back in '04. Dems don't really seem to have that kind of candidate this time that could beat Hillary. 

I suppose that is right. Too bad. I was ready to vote for Ron in 2012, but the GOP was too dumb to give him a fair chance.

Honestly, our elections are so rigged by big money that I have very little hope we will ever see somebody opposed to the corpratocracy make a serious run.

Ron Paul turns 79 in August and if he were elected,he would be 81.  Ron Paul's time is over.  Heck, he may not even be alive by 2016.

I hope Hillary doesn't run. She didn't do well as the Secretary of State like I said earlier we really can't afford to have 3 bad presidents in a row. If She does win lets hope it was more the fulltime State Department personnel that was the primary problem

If  she wins; you figure several people from her husband's time will be returning and you also figure she has his experience to rely on.

I don't think anyone can be as bad Obama and Bush.  Also, the demographics will start to hurt the Republicans in 2016.  It might not happen right away; but by by 2022 the DEMS should have a solid lock on the national government and that will also start affecting the states. 

Yes, it's never too early to think about the 2016 Election.  

Yes it is.  That's part of the problem with the political system in this country.  Politicians spend too much time worrying about election or re-election and not enough time actually governing and doing their jobs.

We should institute a system closer to Australia's with limited time allotted for campaigning.

Yes it is.  That's part of the problem with the political system in this country.  Politicians spend too much time worrying about election or re-election and not enough time actually governing and doing their jobs.

We should institute a system closer to Australia's with limited time allotted for campaigning.

Will never happen.  There's too much money to be made.

You could have a 2 month primary form 4th of July to last week of August.  Back to Back Conventions that first week of September and then a fall campaign.  IT will never happen though.  

To many people have an interest in the campaign getting longer and longer.  Heck, during the 2016 campaign; people will be plotting for positioning for the 2020/2024 race. Especially on the Democratic side, where the nomination appears to be Hillary's.  People will run this time knowning they may not knock out Hillary but will be positioning themselves for 2020 or 2024 should Hillary win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You know, everyone assumes Hillary has the Presidency locked up.    While I will say it is hers to lose,  I think it's possible she could lose again.    The liberal base and liberal donors are to the left of her.  They don't really trust her.  Another Obama type candidate, except this time, someone with experience; could challenge her for the nomination and take it from her.

• 2 months later...

http://nypost.com/2014/07/06/this-means-warren-obama-backs-challenger-to-hillary/

That would very interesting if that happened. I do think if Elizabeth Warren runs, she would beat Hillary, since she is closer to the base of the Dems.

Ed Klein is such a hack. All of that could be true, except it reads like he completely made everything up for ****s and giggles.

Archived