Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Perry Comes To Maryland

@DCGoldPants

other than Texan isn't specific?

you are smart ,tell me the multiplier he used

Supplying the multiplier is your job, not mine.  Ironic that you're avoiding your job, given the context.   :D

"Other than Texas" is only specific when drawing the line between where the men predominantly wear Mongol-derived high heels vs. where they predominantly do not.  And just like Texas, that line pretends Oklahoma doesn't exist 364 days of the year.

I do like the Pennsylvania and North Carolina stats.  Hard to understand their failures at job creation: the former is run by one of the top 10 worst legislatures in the US plus a failed tea party governor who as attorney general deliberately refused to prosecute serial child rapist Jerry Sandusky for political reasons (aka State Penn football).  Quite the brain trust.  The latter state, once arguably the best to live in the south, has been bought by the Koch brothers and is in the process of shedding the very traits that once made it much more than a slightly cooler South Carolina.  Why such paltry job numbers for these two?  It boggles the mind.

Of course, we can look at other states and see a variety of political scenes in places hammered by the Great Recession.  If job gain rates vs. 2008 are the measure of state greatness, then North Dakota is the best place in America to live by a factor of 3+.  Right there you know something's wrong with that metric; the winter alone disqualifies it.   :P

Houston is the 4th largest city in the US.  Its gains are a much needed boost for Texas but it isn't unheard-of: LA added something like 90,000 jobs in a single year in 2012-13, which also was much needed over there.  NYC once added roughly 200,000 jobs in a month.  For all I know they might have done that repeatedly.  Big cities gain and lose in a major way from time to time.  Houston's achilles heel is that such a huge share of the growth is in the single industrial stack of petrochem derived products.  Long-term, that's a risky number of plastic eggs in one basket.  Best to keep adding those jobs while the city can.  No panacea can provide a high enough water -- or oil -- level to cover Texas's rocks indefinitely, no matter what the hired-hand crystal ball gazers may say.  Every city manages to learn that the hard way, each time the hammer drops.  Never fails.

I had some friends who rode that petrochem wave in Texas for a while... 'til they moved elsewhere for better jobs and a better quality of life.  Something about their kids' textbooks and the death of reason?  I didn't ask for details.  

Oh and I recently realized where Rick Perry got the idea for the glasses.

BvdCtcdIYAMixO2.jpg

Rick Perry wears toilet glasses.

I assumed it was a style nod to the "open a random door and see what valueless crap pops out" school of weekend-hobbyist ineptitude:

Rick%2BPerry%2BIndicted_allg.jpg bone-gloves-barry-weiss-storage-wars.jpg

I had some friends who rode that petrochem wave in Texas for a while... 'til they moved elsewhere for better jobs and a better quality of life.  Something about their kids' textbooks and the death of reason?  I didn't ask for details.  

good for them, much more than petrochem floating this boat now though....kinda wish more would leave instead of flowing in.

after July I'm usually ready to leave  :)

I hope ya'll prosper....can't support ya forever

Archived