Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Perry Comes To Maryland

@DCGoldPants

So, this morning I'm reading about his visit to Maryland. His back and forth with O'Malley about taxes, jobs, education, etc. Their dust up on Crossfire....and all that jazz.

Then I read that Barretta who had threaten to leave Maryland awhile back over gun laws had decided to stay put (Rictus informed me this decision was made months ago).

Finally, how the Maryland GOP isn't thrilled with his visit either, trying to get companies to go to Texas.

So, I'm wondering how much success people think he's having. Is anybody following him back there? Also, if he can't get a Gun Manufacturer to leave Communist Maryland for Freedomland aka Texas. Isn't that saying something here?

I watched a little bit of Crossfire last night. I am an outsider, and I can certainly see how people in Maryland could be annoyed by it. But honestly, I don't see a big problem with it. It is no different than some of the other economic development pushes you see from states like New York and Michigan, this one is just a lot more agressive. The underlying message is still the same. I have no idea whether this campaign is going to work, but I don't think it is a completely new approach.  

You always need to work to attract and keep business in your state, this is just probably going to cause Maryland to work a little harder. And that is not a bad thing.

"We pray for rain in Texas," he said. "They tax it in Maryland."

That's a pretty good line from Perry.

O'Malley should have had a comeback to that. Wouldn't be too hard.

It's not taxed on all Marylanders. Only those lucky enough to be chosen by the state legislature.

paid for by the federal funds ya'll suck up :P

or money they got from taxing us so high.

Too bad Perry didn't want to talk to the Startup Maryland entrepreneurs in Bethesda last night. Their state tour was going through there at the same time as he was eating at Morton's (delicious). You'd think he would have jumped at the opportunity to talk to folks and explain why its all about low taxes and deregulation.  

Rick Perry is a lot smarter than folks realize. Yea, he clearly bombed as a Presidential candidate - but you don't hold power for a decade being an idiot.

Perry has an enormous ego. These trips are really nothing more than publicity stunts - not for Texas but for his personal brand.

He has become a millionaire off public service. His time in Texas politics is coming to and end and he needs to find his next cash cow.

Rick Perry is a lot smarter than folks realize. Yea, he clearly bombed as a Presidential candidate - but you don't hold power for a decade being an idiot.

Perry has an enormous ego. These trips are really nothing more than publicity stunts - not for Texas but for his personal brand.

He has become a millionaire off public service. His time in Texas politics is coming to and end and he needs to find his next cash cow.

Agreed. I don't think most of these guys are idiots, including Perry and W. Perry strikes me as an egotist and W seems like he was in over his head or, at worse, incompetent (at least, when he was President. Don't know much about his stint as Governor). 

But, you don't rise to, or near, the top of the political game without having some intelligence. 

Agreed. I don't think most of these guys are idiots, including Perry and W. Perry strikes me as an egotist and W seems like he was in over his head or, at worse, incompetent (at least, when he was President. Don't know much about his stint as Governor). 

But, you don't rise to, or near, the top of the political game without having some intelligence. 

Sarah Palin?  :)

Archived