Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed's Score Fastest By Rookie Since Cooley

I really like this kid. He must be running routes well as RG3 is finding him, and when he finds him it seems he's catching and holding on to the ball. Good draft pick and without looking it up I would say he's ahead of Davis in catches and yards. HTTR!

I really like this kid. He must be running routes well as RG3 is finding him, and when he finds him it seems he's catching and holding on to the ball. Good draft pick and without looking it up I would say he's ahead of Davis in catches and yards. HTTR!

A sidenote- it's always better to read the article before commenting. Laughing at myself.

A sidenote- it's always better to read the article before commenting. Laughing at myself.

hail manchild,

we have a find here in Reed  i see him playing more with a 2 tightend sets whether its with paulsen paul or davis.

p.s. its okay to laugh at yourself especially when no one is looking !!! lol!!!

Has rookie tight end Jordan Reed replaced Fred Davis? It was clear that Reed was the man in the second half. How much so? Davis only played five snaps in the final two quarters compared to Reed’s 21. For the game, Davis played 16 snaps to Reed’s 29. Meanwhile, Logan Paulsen played eight snaps in the first half and 17 in the second. I did not see Davis much after his second-down drop in the third quarter (the pass was a bit wide, but looked catchable). He also missed a couple blocks, including one that sank an outside zone run by Alfred Morris. The details of the game have hurt Davis in the past; if they continue to do so it will cost him playing time now that he has a young challenger -- and that will cost him money in his next contract.
--John Keim ESPN

I think Reed's versatility has yet to shine since we have been behind so much in these last two games. There is more to his game than just using him in the natural TE position.

“This is like his second preseason game,” Redskins receiver Santana Moss said. “You’re not going to make him do a bunch of stuff we’re not sure of. Once he gets his feeling back and the coach is confident with him doing all that stuff, I’m sure they’ll let him do more. Right now I don’t think that’s what we need to do to win games … We have [the zone-read option] called, but if they’re keying on him then he’s not going to run the ball, and that’s what teams are doing. You’ll see him hand the ball off. I’m glad he’s doing that because we don’t need that right now.”

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here but this is just another example that RG3 has been running the read option. Contrary to a claim some are making that he is not. The difference is that he just hasn't run on these zone reads yet. However, Santana Moss states it the best above as to why that is. I just can't grasp how anyone would think it is a good idea to bench RG3. The only reason RG3 should ever be benched at this point in his career which btw he is still developing is if he is not healthy enough.

OK , I think somebody needs to say this ... London flecther is not getting in done this year . Just looks he's age which is a bad sign . Rak while he has speed , seems to be overrated . Kerr is the real play maker for our defense . Fred Davis days are numbered . This kid Reed is going to get better and better . My opinion on this roster going forward , Let Davis and Rak walk . That's money we could put into the RT , FS , And CB spot . Oh, and by the way ....Polumbus blocking his AS off right now . JMO

State Check: One interesting statistic is that currently the Redskins have a 11.1% rating on dropped passes this year. Only one team has more and that is Tampa Bay. For me this is an indication of the timing issue between RG3 and the WRs along with the fact RG3 is still not yet throwing at the level of accuracy as he was last season.

Below is the Drop rate among the wide outs:

post-210866-0-60390000-1379610282_thumb.jpg

OK , I think somebody needs to say this ... London flecther is not getting in done this year . Just looks he's age which is a bad sign . Rak while he has speed , seems to be overrated . Kerr is the real play maker for our defense . Fred Davis days are numbered . This kid Reed is going to get better and better . My opinion on this roster going forward , Let Davis and Rak walk . That's money we could put into the RT , FS , And CB spot . Oh, and by the way ....Polumbus blocking his AS off right now . JMO

Can't wait till Rob Jackson comes back and see the difference in performance between him and Rak. IMO from watching Jackson last year we may be better with him in the lineup. I like what your saying about letting those guys walk and use that money for other needs.

Lets  not get too ahead of ourselves on Reed. He has a lot to prove yet. As far as I'm concerned all he's proved so far is being worthy of getting drafted. I don't feel that he's in the same league as Davis or Paulsen. It's nice that it would seem he know's what he's doing but he still has a long way to go. However I will say this much, Davis better be feeling the heat. If he doesn't pick his game up & start performing like what we saw in the past & expect to see in the future he won't be playing football in Washington next year & he'll certainly not be getting the kind of money he thinks he'll get.

HTTR!!!

At this point I think it premature to say we should let Davis walk. Like RG3 he's coming off of a major injury. Again, like RG3, he's going to need time to knock the rust off. When fully healthy he's a very dangerous TE & those are hard to come by. A healthy Davis with a good blocking TE in Paulsen along with a versatile Reed & there's no team in the NFL with the kind of TE threats that we have.

HTTR!!!

Can't wait till Rob Jackson comes back and see the difference in performance between him and Rak. IMO from watching Jackson last year we may be better with him in the lineup. I like what your saying about letting those guys walk and use that money for other needs.

Hmmm...   I got my head handed to me when I suggested rak was not all that last year. :-)   Seems I may not have been all that wrong after all. Sorry, could not help myself. 

Seriously, I have been saying for the last 18 months that rak was not the guy everyone thought he was. I agree with those saying we need jackson back. Also, Carriker and Jenkins missing hurts. No real push up front. Coefield is hampered by the club which leaves bowen who is shrinking under the pressure. All that adds up to what should be a strength turning into a weakness. Not the best way ot support a rookie FS and SS learning the position. 

Archived