Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pft: Broncos Put Lt Ryan Clady On Season Ending Ir

Gymratfwp

Alot more ACL injuries over the years also.  I don't remember all these guys hurting their knees in the 80s.

Probably has a lot to do with the weight of the players, and the speed they played at. Their pads were bigger too.

I'm pretty sure that back then that some of the heaviest linebackers were in the 230's. Guys like Kam Chancellor and ST probably weigh(ed) that much in this era. Now your linebackers are 240,250, 260, 270, etc, and nearly all are more explosive, faster, definitely more powerful then linebackers back then.

Then you look at the lineman from that era, who look slightly bigger than modern day tight ends, compared to the behemoths now that can weigh as much as 350, and are more faster and powerful. There's only so much that ligaments and tendons can take, when they have to carry so much weight, and produce so much power.

Unfortuantely, the problem that guys face from that era and the eras before is the lack of safety regulations in terms of contact, getting their brains smashed week after week.

Isn't he franchise tagged? I wonder how this will impact his contract negotiations with Denver

Clady never signed his tender and they worked out a deal for upwards of $50 million with $33 million guaranteed...

This combined with the bungled handling of the Elvis Dumervil situation, the suspension of Von Miller, and the double DWI's of Broncos executives...Elway has to be a bit perturbed to say the least.

Then again...the Broncos have Peyton Manning and play in the AFC West so you can already pencil them in for at least a 3-4 seed.

Clady never signed his tender and they worked out a deal for upwards of $50 million with $33 million guaranteed...

This combined with the bungled handling of the Elvis Dumervil situation, the suspension of Von Miller, and the double DWI's of Broncos executives...Elway has to be a bit perturbed to say the least.

Then again...the Broncos have Peyton Manning and play in the AFC West so you can already pencil them in for at least a 3-4 seed.

Oh I completely forgot about that. Thanks for the info.

Archived