Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Lions Prediction Thread; The Test Of Will To Win

skins island connection

Oddly enough the Skins are favored by 1 (last line I saw).. I think (I pray) that the Skins are getting closer to their old form from last year. Skins back field is still scary especially against arguably the best WR in the league.

Im going to go with Vegas and say

Skins 28

Lions 27

I'm not that optimistic about a win, but man some of you are so dramatic.  Megatron will probably have a nice stat line, but the Lions WILL NOT score 7 or 8 TD's on us unless we give them a lot of short fields due to multiple turnovers, bad special teams plays, etc. Matt Stafford is not A-Rod.  I see the score being something like:

28 - 20 winner and loser could be flipped either way.

I never pick against the Redskins but I have never seen a Redskins defense look as bad as the one they have now through the first two games. This is a tough matchup for them because nobody in this defensive backfield will be able to cover Calvin Johnson. I hope I'm wrong and Deangelo Hall plays him like he played Dez Bryant in the last Dallas game last year but I would be amazed if that happens. If Bush plays he should have a field day against this defense that seems to have forgotten how to tackle. If Fletcher is covering Pettigrew the TE will have a career day. I am very concerned about Suh & Fairley going against the middle of the Redskins awful offensive line and I hope that nutcase Suh doesn't finally snap completely and do something stupid to hurt Griffin III bad. I hope to God I'm wrong but this looks like a very tough matchup for our team on paper and as hard as this is for me to say I'm guessing Lions 34 Redskins 23. I hope I'm 100% wrong about everything though!

Skins win an ugly one in a low scoring bout.

Suh is ejected after going at RG's knees and Bush doesn't play.

Meanwhile, Shanny forces Has to double Calvin all day which leaves the lions bereft of offense.

We start slow again, but Griffin picks apart the lions defense late to pull the ugly W.

At least that's what's going through my mind.

Edit, after seeing this, I don't know why Suh isn't banned from the league. He doesn't get it, and never wil.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/21/suh-had-another-cheap-shot-on-sunday/

REALLY....? really?  Why are we behaving like the lions are a great team..they played the vikings week one and Ponder threw 3 INT and fumbled once,, the lions couldn't even score a td in the first quarter..the lions loss to the pathetic cardinals week two and had only 2 offensive TD's....The lions are ripe for us  Redskins 35 Lions 17

Haven't you received the ES Memo: we're finishing 0-16 and giving up 50 ppg from here on out. 

REALLY....? really?  Why are we behaving like the lions are a great team..they played the vikings week one and Ponder threw 3 INT and fumbled once,, the lions couldn't even score a td in the first quarter..the lions loss to the pathetic cardinals week two and had only 2 offensive TD's....The lions are ripe for us  Redskins 35 Lions 17

I'm sorry but the Lions won 5 games last year. Screw them. They aint beating us at home. The Lions are a bad football team. Everybody is going way to far with this Calvin Johnson BS . **** Him! We winning Sunday and it's going to be big.  Skins 31 Lions 14. Yea I said it.

You guys are getting out of hand with the CJ love fest. I will remind you that last week we played one of the best qb's to play the game and the week before we got ambushed buy an Offense nobody had film on. BACK AWAY FROM THE LEDGE!

Fedex is our freekin house and we need to be loud on D and back this team. They are going to need the 12th man.

Our bad tackling is a sign of something far worse on this team - a basic lack of aggression. Everything about this team from the predictable plays to the 10 cushion on 3 and 3 says "play it safe". Champions don't play it safe in this league.

The fish stinks from the head down. I put 100% of our 0-2 start on the coaches. They broke it they can fix it. You don't cut the balls off a racehorse then expect him to sire a champion.

24-38 Lions

I guarantee the Lions will run an option throw pass from Bush to Megatron at some point in this game, write it down.

Stafford, Bush, and Megatron is too much.....they will destroy this secondary.

This will be Reggie Bush's greatest single game performance.

If the Lions want it, they got it. If they don't then the Skins have a chance.

Every gameday brings the same sort of optimism you feel on opening day for baseball. You tend to forget about the past transgressions and only look at the here and now and think....this is the day that it all turns around and it starts to come together.

Could be wishful thinking and the "homer" in me, but I'm sensing that we see a different team today. You have to believe that there has been some soul searching being done this past week much like there was after the Carolina game last year. Of course, there's a lot more holes that need fixed at this point than there was at that point last year. We'll know for sure later today. 

Haven't figured out if I'm thinking with my heart or my head....but, Redskins win 31-27.

I read an encouraging stat earlier this morning: The Lions are 0-21 when visiting DC. That said, I don't like the matchups in this game for us: Detroit will be getting Nick Fairley back to team with the NFL's dirtiest player and Megatron is basically going to do anything he wants. My hunch? Take the over which sits at 49 points presently and hold out hope that the home team gets it together this weekend.

I have heard this stat repeated a few times. Lions have not won at Washington is a stat not a law of physics. Law of averages means the Lions have win at Washington eventually. Hurts to say but I think they will win,

Lions 40 Redskins 27.

The wife and I are getting ready to head to FEDEX.  Looking forward to seeing our first win.  Think Stafford is overrated....as is most of Lions offense outside of Megatron.  Defense could give us some problems, though, if RGIII just sits in the pocket and we have no ground game to keep the kittens honest.  I know one thing, I have lost the last couple of beer bets with a buddy who is an all things Michigan homer....would be nice to savor the sweet taste of a beer bet won for once. 

Homer pick - Skins 28, Lions 21

Lions 31

Skins 16

Another disapointing loss with same problems as last week. Megatron having a 200 yard day won't suprise me. I can't see our team come together and make any serious improvements before the bye.

Only worried that if or when we get it together, it'll probably be too late to talk playoffs.

As I sit here in my Joe Theisman Jersey watching ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown, figuring out how many wings I want for lunch, I just do not think anything has changed in DC.

Our Defense is horrible and I have a feeling that Megatron, Reggie Bush, and Stafford all have big days, needless to say I have at least one of them on each of my three fantasy teams and I am starting all of them.

I would love to lose every fantasy game I am involved in this week in trade for a Redskins win, but it is not going to happen. Even if the Lions cant stop our offense (highly unlikely) they will light up our defense cause we have NO ONE who can stop Megatron.

I got the Lions 34 Redskins 21 with two TD's in garbage time RGIII goes about 15-28 with 1 TD and 1 INT only about 20 rushing yards.

Archived