Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Picture: The Nfc East Sux

Pastor Troy

I know this is just a thread to make people feel better, but as far as I can see, we suck worst than anyone in the division right now. I think the Giants would beat us. Plus, we are the favorites in the NFC East. That makes it even more painful.

Eagles 1-1

Cowboys 1-1

Skins 0-2

Giants 0-2

Still a lot of games left......

We can make adjustment.....remember last season we were 3-6 to start...

We will beat detroit next week....then oakland going into the bye.....starting 2-2 right now is enough to win this division.....

Just because you predict it doesn't mean it will actually happen.  Ask all the fans who thought we'd beat the Packers.  Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush are going to go to town against the secondary who can't cover and can't tackle. 

I remember losing to the Rams and the Panthers last season. The Redskins right now are so much worse than the team that won the NFC East last season so beating the Lions is far from a sure thing. Lets see how many people take the skins in their suicide leagues... I'd guess the number is low.

I refuse to give up on this team. Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment but the truth is this team showed so much heart last year that they've earned a chance to turn this around before I call it a season. Again I could be a complete fool but I swear they will get this turned around and when they do the rest of the NFC East will pay. Don't give up on em' yet fellas, have some faith....

Just because you predict it doesn't mean it will actually happen. Ask all the fans who thought we'd beat the Packers. Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush are going to go to town against the secondary who can't cover and can't tackle.

Yo...it's going to happen. We're the better team, eff every other team in the NFL, we're the best. I'm a diehard skins fan till I die, so I say we're gonna win, and I won't allow you to say we won't, cause we will. Our will, our way!!!!! HAIL!!!!!!!!

Thank you for reading :)

I refuse to give up on this team.

Maybe you should be the coach then, because the one we have now seems to have given up.  I'm just waiting for him to say we're in "evaluation mode" sometime soon.  Does Shanahan know about this thing called the "hurry-up" offense?  When you're down 3+ scores, you might want to consider it!

OMG, I'm so tired of people saying we WILL do this and we WILL do that. People have said the last two weeks WE WILL win and it hasn't worked out. Lets just wait and see how it goes next week. I'm sure not betting the house on D Hall covering Chad Johnson.

I reluctantly agree.

All the chest thumping and bravado needs to end until we can play a competitive game

I reluctantly agree.

All the chest thumping and bravado needs to end until we can play a competitive game

Too many folk went into this season having gotten WAY too carried away with the utterly meaningless exhibition games; and following on from the momentum filled run-in to last year; severely over-rated just where this team is at in it's development. 

When you do that, it's a complete shock to the system when those lofty heights aren't attained and it's hard to accept you aren't what everyone of the same mind told you, you where. 

Hail. 

Yeah we look like garbage, but were ONLY down one game.  We're home game against a beatable team.  RG3 just put a big part of the blame on himself after the game.  I'm hoping he will use that FEAR of turning in another awful performance to get the Skins a win.  If he turns in another bad performance, I think we should be looking at Cousins to move forward for a few weeks until Robert can get 100% healthy (that means being able to run the RO).  Our D needs a little balance as far as time of possession goes.  At the very least to minimize the opportunities the opposing Offense gets.  Looks like Reed Doughty is going to be this years staple at Safety so we better get on board and hope Amerson and Rambo get their crap together.  Hail!!!

i really feel sad for some fans.  You watch this for entertainment but you beat yourselves up for something you can't control.  You watch because it's fun and interesting, not for punishment

But we're Redskins fans.... Seriously though, you're right. I still insisted on punishing myself by finishing the game online after Fox switched games, but I was proud of myself for not melting down and when it was over, I turned football off, broke out my Les Paul and worked on something I could control... My technique. I think even my wife noticed the difference in me not being so glum as usual. On to next week... We owe Detroit an upset. HTTR!

OMG, I'm so tired of people saying we WILL do this and we WILL do that. People have said the last two weeks WE WILL win and it hasn't worked out. Lets just wait and see how it goes next week. I'm sure not betting the house on D Hall covering Chad Johnson.

Or Calvin Johnson...who they play against (which is who I think you meant).

But the OP is right in a way...the division leaders are just 1-1. Our secondary isn't anything to write home about...and the offense made a ton of mistakes. The Cowboys are not fairing any better.

The truth is the NFC East is not a strong division through two weeks of play...long season though...

We are one of the worst teams in league right now..not too far ahead of Jacksonville. After the today's game, I think we are in for a long season, so much work to be done. So I could care less of how the NFC east picture looks like, right now, we can't beat anybody, especially in our division.

At this point I'm just hoping the team could win a game. The sad reality is we may be the third worst team in the nfl behind jacksonville and Cleveland. One point that sticks out to me is what ex Steelers coach Bill C. made, the offense that the Washington Redskins are running right now is not suited to RGIII strengths you are expecting a second year player coming off a major knee injury to come in and virtually play a brand new offense that is structured more to Kurt Cusions strengths. The bottom line is something got to change the offense inability to pass ball and get third down coversions is putting a bend and don't break defense into a bad spot

Or Calvin Johnson...who they play against (which is who I think you meant).

But the OP is right in a way...the division leaders are just 1-1. Our secondary isn't anything to write home about...and the offense made a ton of mistakes. The Cowboys are not fairing any better.

The truth is the NFC East is not a strong division through two weeks of play...long season though...

It's not just that we are playing bad. It looks as if we come into the games not ready or prepared. I say it's 60-40 coaches fault to players. No discipline, play call awareness has been horrible (pitch plays with our back on the goaline, 10 yard cushions across the formation on 3 and 3).

Get out of your routine practices and thinking we will be better and do something about it. When I was playing under the lights if we had a bad game we didn't have a day off, we didn't earn it. That was in college. If I was coach we would practice all damn day on Tuesday. Wouldn't be training camp physical but yeah. Hire an officiating crew and have them Hound the players. We had dedignated **** talkers that would try to instigate fights in the worst way to teach players to keep cool. If the Redskins want it they have to show me. Obviously what they're doing in practice and film room isn't working.

At this point I'm just hoping the team could win a game. The sad reality is we may be the third worst team in the nfl behind jacksonville and Cleveland. One point that sticks out to me is what ex Steelers coach Bill C. made, the offense that the Washington Redskins are running right now is not suited to RGIII strengths you are expecting a second year player coming off a major knee injury to come in and virtually play a brand new offense that is structured more to Kurt Cusions strengths. The bottom line is something got to change the offense inability to pass ball and get third down coversions is putting a bend and don't break defense into a bad spot

The last two weeks have been rough, but we are no where near as bad as Jacksonville.  We've had two tough games in a row, being the guinea pig for Chip Kelly and going to Green Bay for their home opener, all with a QB coming back from a serious knee injury.  I still think we will get something going in the near future.  If RG3 gets back to form and our offense begins to click again, I don't think our defense will be as bad as they've been and that the team will look much better.   We need to get some points on the board in the 1st half. 

If the Skins come out flat again in the 1st half like the first two games, the crowd will go into boo mode.  The sky will be falling if we lose next week.  Man, things are going to get ugly if that happens.  Next week is a must win game.  They better not do what they did last year against the Panthers.  The Panthers game was considered a must win too and they handled us pretty good.

Archived