Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerrigan/orakpo Vs. Matthews/miller

98ORAKPO98

If you could choose between having a combo of edge rushers on the Redskins between Ryan Kerrigan and Brian Orakpo or Clay Matthews and Von Miller, who would you choose and why?

Myself, I would take Kerrigan and Orakpo. I believe Kerrigan and Orakpo are superior players with more upside than either Matthews or Miller, Kerrigan and Orakpo are stronger and more stout against the run than either Matthews or Miller while both having the potential to be better pass rushers than Matthews and Miller as well.

Miller and Matthews with one asterisk; Miller's recent off field issues. Dude just got suspended for 6 games and almost had it extended due to other citations (can't remember what they were). That would be the only thing to make me take Kerrigan over Miller. Kerrigan seems to be more of a leader also. Sorry, but Orakpo would be last in my book.

That's nice and all, but a bird in the hand... Etc etc.

Matthews and Miller have both played with high powered offenses, giving them ample opportunities to pin their ears back and get after the QB. Now with Orakpo and Kerrigan having an offense that can score some points, and the fact they have more experience playing the linebacker position, they are going to have monster seasons and prove to be the cream of the crop as 3-4 OLB's.

Couldn't believe that this was a serious question then I saw Brian Orakpo posted it so it makes sense

Have some faith in me young man, I will come through on that DPOtY prediction. ;)

Dude... lol.

I usually don't care but I'd hate for a rival fan to come on here and see crazy **** like this. 

Do you honest to God believe the things you say in your posts or are you just an unabashed homer?

I am a bit of both. :)  But I truly do believe that Orakpo and Kerrigan are going to be better than Miller and Matthews, starting this season. I think they are going to surprise a lot of people around here.

I believe Orakpo and Kerrigan will be DPOtY candidates after this season.

I hope you are right.Comparing Rak to Miller or Mathews..... well I just do not see anything that would suggest Rak is  near their level of production. Can Rak become an elite OLB like those 2? Maybe.. he has 15 more games to reach that level. If he does indeed get there he will be PAID. :D

Kerrigan is tough to compare with Miller and Mathews. I do honestly believe he is by far the most complete OLB of the group. His sack numbers would really have to jump up to the low to mid teens to match their numbers. Against the run or pass hands down Kerrigan is the better OLB of the 4 players.

Miller and Kerrigan. 

Miller is just a straight out edge rush beast who's speed and strength also makes him vital in coverage. He has moves Orakpo can only dream about and he's one of the most explosively fast players from the snap I've seen in the pro's in a long time. A complete disruptive force of nature. And the single best pure edge rusher currently playing in the NFL IMHO. 

Kerrigan is just a ball player ya' know? He has a nose for the football and a feel for the game. Perfect all round compliment to Miller. 

Why are we doing this fantasy thang again?

Hail. 

It seems to me that folks who defend Orakpo are always talking about him like he is an all pro. They also talk about his potential. That he is GOING to do this or GOING to do that. They talk about he got held on that play, and how close he got, and almost made the tackle.

Ya know what? You get honors and awards for RESULTS and so far in the last 2 years there are no results for this guy. Just a lot of wishing and hoping.

But I HOPE he gets results against the Packers.

It seems to me that folks who defend Orakpo are always talking about him like he is an all pro. They also talk about his potential. That he is GOING to do this or GOING to do that. They talk about he got held on that play, and how close he got, and almost made the tackle.

Ya know what? You get honors and awards for RESULTS and so far in the last 2 years there are no results for this guy. Just a lot of wishing and hoping.

But I HOPE he gets results against the Packers.

Yeah people consider him a pro bowler because he went to the pro bowl and fans like him because he is disruptive.

Offenses have to account for him. You need guys like that on your defense. Also with him back, Haslett dont have to blitz as much, which helps ALOT.

Yeah people consider him a pro bowler because he went to the pro bowl and fans like him because he is disruptive.

Offenses have to account for him. You need guys like that on your defense. Also with him back, Haslett dont have to blitz as much, which helps ALOT.

well, ya know what. Laurence Taylor went to the Pro Bowl also. But that was then and this is now. Like I said, "no results" in the last 2 years. Just a lot of wishing and hoping and apparently you have a big wish list.

I'm sorry I ever created this thread, I can see it is turning into another bash Orakpo thread. Mods, if you want, I give you my blessing to lock it. (Not that you needed it to begin with though.) :)

EDIT: Please don't put me on No New Threads. I'll create another thread like this after this season, after Orakpo and Kerrigan have taken home the Co-Defenisve Player of the Year Award! ;)

well, ya know what. Laurence Taylor went to the Pro Bowl also. But that was then and this is now. Like I said, "no results" in the last 2 years. Just a lot of wishing and hoping and apparently you have a big wish list.

I don't know what list you speak of and this thread is not about me either.

Anyways, I hope Orakpo gets back to his Pro Bowl form (2009 & 2010).

Archived