Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Could Be At Full Strength Sunday

When I first read this headline, I had to check the date (thinking maybe one of last years story's popped back up). How many times did we see last year early in the week that Boo Boo Brandon Meriweather was going to play only to be disappointed on game day? I will believe it when I see him on the field on Sunday, ready to play. This guy has got more 'ink" for not playing than he has for playing (and that's a problem).

Meriweather's injury status runs more like a weather report. One day it's sunny and well kind of Merry; tthe next day it's dark and gloomy. Let's hope for a "Meri" day on Sunday where he finally avoids another setback in practice and during the game day warm up unlike last season. Maybe we should post sercurity detail to make sure he doesn't stumble at home and pull something else.

Seriously we probably need him to stand a chance this Sunday.

I find it interesting how PFF insists so often that the Redskins should have never cut Tony Pashos and who was quickly picked up by the Raiders and played their starting Tackle.

Now according to the same site Pashos had a great game last week.

If you were following our coverage of the final cuts by every NFL team recently, you’ll know how surprised we were to see Tony Pashos ( 3.6), not make the roster in Washington after a fantastic preseason. Often unheralded, Pashos has made a career as a journeyman offensive tackle last 10 years now and, after stints in Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Cleveland, looks ready to provide the Raiders with a high quality right tackle. That, of course, depends on them realizing how well he played and allowing him to keep the starting job — but after a performance like this, we’re hopeful. Against the Indianapolis Colts, Pashos had a perfect game in pass protection, with no penalties and zero pressure given up. That gave him a Pass Blocking Efficiency Rating of 100.0, a feat matched by just five other offensive tackles in Week 1. While the Raiders ran the ball either side of him on just three occasions throughout the game, he didn’t look out of place as a run blocker either. After an impressive preseason, Pashos showed he can still play on Sundays.Hopefully, after a performance like this, he’ll retain the starting job and get the opportunity to repeat this type of effort. If he does, Washington are going to feel foolish for letting him go.

It seems to me that every game, every year, R.K. gets better & better. Last week he was all over the place making tackles, batting balls & basically creating havoc. I have to laugh at a certain someone who said many times that he would NEVER make it as a stand up LB. He preached over & over that he was best suited to be a DE in a 4-3. The old posters know whom I'm referring to. Well all I can say is.....how do you like him now?

HTTR!!!

It seems to me that every game, every year, R.K. gets better & better. Last week he was all over the place making tackles, batting balls & basically creating havoc. I have to laugh at a certain someone who said many times that he would NEVER make it as a stand up LB. He preached over & over that he was best suited to be a DE in a 4-3. The old posters know whom I'm referring to. Well all I can say is.....how do you like him now?

HTTR!!!

I think that might have been the same one that called the RK rookie TD interception on Manning off a screen a fluke. Now he has repeated that act twice more and added the assist on the Hall turnover TD to his repertoire. Anyway, kerrigan seems to have such a great ability to read the QB and react to the ball in the air. He creates a different challange for offenses because QBs have to be getting weary trying to throw over top him. I also think his all around play just continues to improve. The staff is able to actually place him in multiple positions whether it be in standing or three down formations. He is a luxory for coaches and I hope he plays his career out here.

HTTR!!!

I saw him on another forum and he is still saying RK is below average and inconsistent. Data really does not matter. But, we all know Rk is on his way to being a great player. He is just too smart and hard a worker. 

HTTR!!!

I saw him on another forum and he is still saying RK is below average and inconsistent. Data really does not matter. But, we all know Rk is on his way to being a great player. He is just too smart and hard a worker. 

hey guys i agree Kerrigan is playing at pro bowl level this early in the season!!!

You cannot accurately call any player average that can be effective in a 3 point stance over top the tackle and standing up outside in a 3-4. A player that reads quarterbacks on the rush well and anticipates when it's better to grab or knock down the ball than to pursue the pass rush. A player that has no glaring weakness against the run, stepping back into coverage, or rushing the passer. A player that is only in his 3rd season with all these capabilities. No he is not an elite one dimensional pass rusher like Aldon Smith who gets too much credit for playing one aspect of his game (i.e. sacking QBs). I don't think Kerrigan has hit his ceiling yet and to call him average at this stage in his game is pure conjecture and bias

Archived