Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wp: Redskins Fan Turns Bottle Into Weapon

Riggo#44

Seriously? We're fashioning shanks now?

This is why I will never again go to FedEx Field. Not only does the stadium blow, I don't want to deal with idiots like this. And this is a REDSKINS fan...

Reader Josh Novikoff — a friend of a friend — sent along this note early Tuesday morning, after he got home from the Skins-Eagles game.

The Eagles were winning in the second quarter and driving. I heard a weird noise, like scratching at cement a few seats away. I turned to see this guy frantically rubbing something against the ground, and said to my friend ‘Something’s going to happen here.’ It did. Vick ran in for a touchdown and this guy sat up wielding a finely honed knife. He somehow has snapped an empty aluminum Bud Light bottle in half and sharpened an edge of it against the cement into a knife and was quietly inspecting his work.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/09/10/redskins-fan-turns-bottle-into-weapon/?wpsrc=AG0003001&clsrd

It's a problem league wide. OTL did a special on it last year, and several idiot Skins fans were featured. I don't see myself going to another game for awhile, mainly because I enjoy the home theatre experience now, but also because I don't have to deal with traffic, lines, and someone potentially getting stabbed in front of me, or thrown over a railing.

Entertainment.  Going to a football game is entertainment.  I've never understood why some people seem to struggle separating the things we do for fun and the things we do that matter.  I want the Redskins to win and it puts me in a mood when they don't, but nothing that happens on a football field (within reason) is ever going to inspire me to get all stabby about it.  Especially with no assurances that Redskins games will be available to me in prison.  

Archived