Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Had ‘Rgiii Injury Camera’ Ready If The Redskins Quarterback Went Down

Pastor Troy

ESPN had ‘RGIII injury camera’ ready if the Redskins quarterback went down

By Anwar S Richardson | Shutdown Corner – 23 hours ago

RGIII-Injury-Cam.jpg

(Adam Bitley's Twitter)

ESPN’s camera crew was apparently ready for anything that could happen to Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III during his return after knee surgery on Monday Night Football.

[Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football: Don't wait, sign up today!]

And if Griffin went down in pain, ESPN was prepared for that horrible outcome.

Adam Bitely sat behind an ESPN camera and decided to take a picture last night. What he captured were the cameraman’s five points of emphasis when Philadelphia faced Washington, which he posted on Twitter:

Here is the paraphrased version of those notes:

1. Skins offense – RGIII injury watch (never leave him and follow to the bench on every series).

[Related: RG3 maintains he was 'comfortable' on the field]

2. Stay with RGIII if there is an injury issue, fatigue or frustration.

3. When RGIII throws a touchdown pass, be ready to pick up his parents or Dr. James Andrews (physician who operated on Griffin's knee).

4. Focus on Jim Haslett (Redskins defensive coordinator) on offense to use as a possible split screen with Chip Kelly.

5. In the pregame, ISO RGIII when he runs out of the tunnel, a touchdown run, pass after a big play, or when he receives a big hit.

This is definitely not a huge surprise.

[Related: Should RG3 have played in the preseason?]

ESPN has given its viewers nonstop Griffin coverage for months. The network has covered everything from Griffin's knee to what type of bucket hat he likes to wear in practice. With so much time invested in Griffin, Monday night was a big event for the quarterback - and ESPN.

While it might be interesting to know ESPN was waiting for Griffin's injury, the reality is many people were watching last night to see if it happened.

Thankfully, for Griffin, the worst did not occur.

But if it did, ESPN was prepared.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/espn-had-rgiii-injury-camera-ready-redskins-quarterback-155002508--nfl.html

Classless if you ask me.  Will they devote a camera to Peyton for "neck watch," one for Rodgers for "Concussion watch" or Romo sits to pee for "Rib watch?"  ESPN might as well give a report to TMZ everyday join the E network at 11:30.   

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they do. This is a non story to me. If this were any other high profile player, they'd be doing the same type of thing. Last thing they want is to be out of sync if something major happens.

Not surprised to see ESPN do this, considering how much coverage they devote to RGIII. Along with LeBron James, they're the two most covered athletes on the network, in my opinion.

I guess it beats hearing about Tebow and the Brett Favre watch from a few years ago.

This appears to be overblown. This seems to be more of a "RGIII Cam" than an "Injury Cam" to me. One of the more popular players is returning from a high-profile injury and they planned to keep a camera on that player to gather footage. I think that's probably pretty typical.

It wouldn't shock me to find out that ESPN does this all the time. I bet whichever network is airing the A&M/Alabama game this weekend devotes a camera to Manziel.

This appears to be overblown. This seems to be more of a "RGIII Cam" than an "Injury Cam" to me. One of the more popular players is returning from a high-profile injury and they planned to keep a camera on that player to gather footage. I think that's probably pretty typical.

It wouldn't shock me to find out that ESPN does this all the time. I bet whichever network is airing the A&M/Alabama game this weekend devotes a camera to Manziel.

Pretty sure CBS has "Johnny Cam" this week.

ESPN had ‘RGIII injury camera’ ready if the Redskins quarterback went down

By Anwar S Richardson | Shutdown Corner – 23 hours ago

RGIII-Injury-Cam.jpg

(Adam Bitley's Twitter)

ESPN’s camera crew was apparently ready for anything that could happen to Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III during his return after knee surgery on Monday Night Football.

[Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football: Don't wait, sign up today!]

And if Griffin went down in pain, ESPN was prepared for that horrible outcome.

Adam Bitely sat behind an ESPN camera and decided to take a picture last night. What he captured were the cameraman’s five points of emphasis when Philadelphia faced Washington, which he posted on Twitter:

Here is the paraphrased version of those notes:

1. Skins offense – RGIII injury watch (never leave him and follow to the bench on every series).

[Related: RG3 maintains he was 'comfortable' on the field]

2. Stay with RGIII if there is an injury issue, fatigue or frustration.

3. When RGIII throws a touchdown pass, be ready to pick up his parents or Dr. James Andrews (physician who operated on Griffin's knee).

4. Focus on Jim Haslett (Redskins defensive coordinator) on offense to use as a possible split screen with Chip Kelly.

5. In the pregame, ISO RGIII when he runs out of the tunnel, a touchdown run, pass after a big play, or when he receives a big hit.

This is definitely not a huge surprise.

[Related: Should RG3 have played in the preseason?]

ESPN has given its viewers nonstop Griffin coverage for months. The network has covered everything from Griffin's knee to what type of bucket hat he likes to wear in practice. With so much time invested in Griffin, Monday night was a big event for the quarterback - and ESPN.

While it might be interesting to know ESPN was waiting for Griffin's injury, the reality is many people were watching last night to see if it happened.

Thankfully, for Griffin, the worst did not occur.

But if it did, ESPN was prepared.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/espn-had-rgiii-injury-camera-ready-redskins-quarterback-155002508--nfl.html

This is the biggest non story in the history of non stories.

Because it isn't true. It was on his intentional grounding suplex where he landed on his shoulders/back of his head and rolled backward. He got rocked and was slow to get up but stood up and wasn't favoring his knee.

That scared me a little...I was far more worried about his head/neck at that moment.

Archived