Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nfl Radio Discusses Rg3 & Redskins Play Calling

Wahoo Hoosier

They are far and away the most level-headed analysis...

Absolutely. I love that they stick to the football. That is not the show to listen to if you want the latest on the Hernandez trial or any other off the field nonsense. They just break it down and explain what they saw. Very rare for sportstalk radio these days.

Agree with others concerning NFL on sirius....I have learned quite a bit about the game listening to the various talk shows there....but always like Moving the Chains and Kirwan (probably because they are on during my drive home).  Always like the fact that football is their focus, and they are good at what they do.  On ESPN, seems like many times you get uninformed opinions by mediots that probably did not watch the game, nor knew what they were looking at even if they saw the game.  There are some at ESPN that I like to listen to, but I get tired of listening to basically the same take all day long......and having it presented to me as if it is gospel. 

I was curious about the call for a toss in the end zone as well....just a lot more that can go wrong that deep in your own end of the field.  Also had not really thought about point that Eagles were not gearing up for RGIII run threat.....so that took one huge concern off of their defensive plate.  That was a good point, and made a lot of sense. 

Wow, I didn't realize he hit 11 different receivers.  That's good stuff.  And out of the 49 passes he threw, only one was BAD.  That other pick to Garcon was a just a great defensive play.

It was, but it was a poor throw with not enough power behind as well. The pass should have gone higher, at chest-level where only Garcon could have caught it -- the most Williams could have done would be to go for a big hit at that point.

But yeah, I saw a lot of good things from the Redskins on Monday night, especially in their ability to adapt quickly in live-game situations and recover from disastrous play earlier in the game.

I still think of the Redskins as a team that's continuing to grow and become more complete, so I'll just be happy to see progression in the younger players like RG3 and Morris.

Good stuff.  It's so hard to get quality Pro Football analysis these days.  I like Kirwan too.  Last I knew, he was doing stuff for CBS Sportsline.  

But yeah, we all needed that dose of reality re: RGIII's return from injury.  I know I was expecting his Week 12 form from last year.  I hate to admit it, but the hoopla had me ignoring the obvious facts.  I say again, good stuff.

This makes me smile as the ridiculous call of a EZ pitch and the ineffectiveness of Morris without the threat of 10's legs are something I've brought up a few times the last 24 hours. 

Always liked Kirwan. 

Hail. 

By all means don't bring up Roy Helu in a thread about roster battle and personnel... because you will get eaten alive.  Or so they say/think  :lol:

Archived