7-0

7-3

7-10

7-12

7-12

7-12

7-19

7-26

We had a couple possessions before they opened it up to more than a TD lead.

Correct. You improved my diagram, and it proves my point somewhat that the defense did in fact start to buckle down and adjust to what the Eagles were doing and starting to see some success in stopping them, but the offense continued to either turn the ball over or do nothing to give the defense a rest and eventually the defense tired out.

There is a story on ESPN.com right now about the offense and Vick is quoted as saying at the end of the first quarter he thought it was half time due to being so tired.  Vick is 33, but also still one of the more athletic QBs in the league.  To think that 1st half pace didn't play a part in the Eagles slow down in the second half is head in sand material.  The Eagles won the game so it will be hard to get any of their fans to see beyond that, but there is a lot to take away from the game other then just the W/L.

ouch didnt think I was going to get jumped on like that (especially that guy who told me to get out the basement)

i come in peace but damn i was seeing 35-7 scores   we werent that bad last year or were we :(

i know i have to tread lightly with the trash talk or ill be called a troll or something.......

First time I ever heard a player openly state "this is going to be a loooooong season" after a win, lol. Vick did that in his press conference. And though everyone laughed, he was totally being serious. 

Should be interesting. Kelly may adjust a bit, but I wonder if all of the Eagles games will basically be a flurry for a quarter or two and then nothing. It's tough to have the kind of depth needed to run that system in the NFL.   

Agreed.  Furthermore, Philly's inherent advantage was that there was no NFL film on this team & this personnel, in a Regular Season Contest.  Someone had to go 1st & put them on tape.  To our chagrin, it was us.  They got this one, but the beauty of this is  that The Skins get another crack at them.

This is THE NFL CHIP, you'll eventually realize it. "Coming Back Down to Earth" is an NFL ComeToGeezuuss certainty!

Absolutely!  It'll be fun when the narrative during Game Week of the rematch is along the lines of how high powered his offense was before defenses had time to adjust.  

ouch didnt think I was going to get jumped on like that (especially that guy who told me to get out the basement)

i come in peace but damn i was seeing 35-7 scores   we werent that bad last year or were we :(

i know i have to tread lightly with the trash talk or ill be called a troll or something.......

i'll say this- the eagles looked for better than basically everyone (except eagles fans) expected. remember before the game on the broadcast, every one of the talking heads (as far as i saw) picked the skins. there was a reason for that. 

in hindsight, it was the perfect storm for your team. not meant to be excuses- just trying to analyze the 'why it happened', but since this is a redskins board and not an eagles board, we can do that here :)

first, you got to play against a team that hadnt seen your innovative offense yet. it didnt hurt that we had a CB playing at safety, but thats a credit to phillys speed. it is what it is. 

second, i think most expected RG3 to look 'better'- not to say him being rusty was a shock, but he definitely didnt look comfortable. 2 picks (one into triple coverage) is not something he did in a single game last year.

turnovers early- obviously, the morris fumble, failed pitch and RG3 INT were unusual plays that changed the tone of the game, and, ultimately proved to be enough.

lastly- vick is healthy. or was- he was limping, to nobodys surprise, late in the game.

now, the eagles dont have the element of surprise, RG3 should only get healthier and will not be rusty again, the skins will probably not have a stretch of turnovers like that again all year, and vick will be hurt in about 2 weeks. 

so, yes, there were plenty of reasons people (not just skins fans) thought the skins would roll. 

and, no, you guys will not look like that every week. 

welcome to the board :)

I just watched a replay and I'm convinced: If Hankerson makes the catch on 3rd and 10 where Griffin created time with his legs - we win the game. 

Hankerson also had alligator arms on an easy grab in Seattle playoff game while we were ahead 14-13 on a 3rd down. 

I know he had two TDs, but come on Leonard! 

thx u sir look forward to the rematch!

i'll say this- the eagles looked for better than basically everyone (except eagles fans) expected. remember before the game on the broadcast, every one of the talking heads (as far as i saw) picked the skins. there was a reason for that. 

in hindsight, it was the perfect storm for your team. not meant to be excuses- just trying to analyze the 'why it happened', but since this is a redskins board and not an eagles board, we can do that here :)

first, you got to play against a team that hadnt seen your innovative offense yet. it didnt hurt that we had a CB playing at safety, but thats a credit to phillys speed. it is what it is. 

second, i think most expected RG3 to look 'better'- not to say him being rusty was a shock, but he definitely didnt look comfortable. 2 picks (one into triple coverage) is not something he did in a single game last year.

turnovers early- obviously, the morris fumble, failed pitch and RG3 INT were unusual plays that changed the tone of the game, and, ultimately proved to be enough.

lastly- vick is healthy. or was- he was limping, to nobodys surprise, late in the game.

now, the eagles dont have the element of surprise, RG3 should only get healthier and will not be rusty again, the skins will probably not have a stretch of turnovers like that again all year, and vick will be hurt in about 2 weeks. 

so, yes, there were plenty of reasons people (not just skins fans) thought the skins would roll. 

and, no, you guys will not look like that every week. 

welcome to the board :)

We LOST the game. No need to debate how we could, woulda, shoulda. But with that said I will tell you that the Redskins will win the next game with the Eagles....for TWO reasons.

1) It is not on Monday night. (The Redskins cannot beat the Eagles on Monday Night Football)

2) Michael Vick will be injured and on the bench. He was already limping in the first game. This is a fellow who is injured EVERY season and cannot stay healthy running 50 plays per game. Now he is running 100 plays per game and already limping. I give him 6-8 weeks before he is gone for the season. History doesn't lie.

The Eagles were TIRED in the second half. They all had their hands on their hips and couldn't move the ball. I swear I'm the only person in the world that KNOWS Chip Kelly's system won't work. Vick (obviously) and McCoy are gonna get hurt. 

I have been saying the same thing about their players getting hurt! I hope every year we get them past week 6. Chip doesn't have 90 something players to switch in and out like college.

Archived