Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Eagles Tuesday Stats Pack

I didn't see the game, so I would like some feedback. Did the Redskins play not to get RGIII hurt? Like I said yesterday, playing prevent defense and playing not to get hurt can cause problems. I still believe the Redskins will have a winning season. By the time we get to play the iggles in Philly we will have all cylinders going. Good luck to the Skins. HTTR

My perspective of the game may not jive with others touting the Chip Kelly fast pace offense. Certainly early on the up-tempo offense kept the defense off balance at times and led to some nice plays. However, I credit a sharp Vick and an elusive McCoy more than the tempo of the game early on. Vick wasn't perfect and could have added a few more big plays if he didn't thrown some off target but he was sharp overall and looked very comfortable in the offense. The biggest reason for the Eagles offensive success early was hands down due to our own offensive miscues. The turnovers and costly penalties killed drives quick and kept our defense out there way too often. As the game progressed, the defense seemed to contain the up-tempo offense better but still suffers from the same issues as last season with bad tackling and allowing big plays.

Once RG3 started to warm up; the game started to look more like what I expected in the second half. The Redskins began to produce sustaining drives but without the anticipated great running by AM. Helu also provided a spark with some great blocking slowing the Eagles blitzing defense and a few nice runs and catches but Helu's biggest offensive play was called back thanks to a hold by Montgomery. Hankerson was the best player on offense last night.

The big concerns again seem to lie in our pass protection and untimely penalties on offense while our defense allows big plays due to coverage mishaps and poor tackling. If you eliminate the big plays then the game would have been very different. I didn't see the Eagles being the better team at all …not even close. The Redskins just came out sloppy on offense and showed the same issues as last season on defense. Our defensive front again could not establish any penetration on either runs or passes until we started to add some blitz packages. Kerrigan, Riley, and Amerson may have been our only bright spots last night on defense.

All I know is that we picked up where we left off last year in respect to opponents 3rd downs. Another terrible game for that. 7-15 Compared to our 2-10. Not good. Also, we seemed to continue our mental lapses committing 10 penalties. When will that end? We can't think we'll beat teams like GB or Denver if we can't get Rogers or Manning off the field while committing 10+ penalties.  

HTTR!!!

I agree with JD. I don't think it was so much of what the Eagles did to us as much as it was what we did to us. Poor tackling and turnovers is what led to the lopsided first half, as well as getting off the field on third downs. Still, we need better play from our safeties and Haslett continues to leave me scratching my head way too often. I don't get it. Sometimes he seems to be right in sync with what's going on and other times it's like he doesn't have a clue what the hell he's doing. At least in the second half our offense showed we're going to be able to rely on them, just like last year, to win games for us.

Archived