Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Is Reed Doughty On This Team If...

aolforbroadband

We held Vick to 200 yards tonight.

But feel free to bump this thread when we face Aaron Rodgers. 

True, but he didn't have to chuck it as much with all the tackles on McCoy whiffed. Yes, he's quick as hell, but there were very bad attempts at tackles.

I'm not as worried about Rodgers as I am for Manning TBH, haha...

So, you are blaming Doughty for the poor tackling of another player?  Biggers played at safety instead of Doughty and instead of Pugh.  It seems to me that Haslett was very concerned about the Eagles wide open passing attack and inserted an extra CB over a S.  In hindsight it may have been better to leave Doughty or Pugh in as a real SS.  Let Rambo stay at FS with his coverage ability and leave the run stuffing and short pass defense to the known sure tacklers.  So, why are we blaming Doughty again????

So, you are blaming Doughty for the poor tackling of another player?  Biggers played at safety instead of Doughty and instead of Pugh.  It seems to me that Haslett was very concerned about the Eagles wide open passing attack and inserted an extra CB over a S.  In hindsight it may have been better to leave Doughty or Pugh in as a real SS.  Let Rambo stay at FS with his coverage ability and leave the run stuffing and short pass defense to the known sure tacklers.  So, why are we blaming Doughty again????

No one is blaming Doughty

Doughty is on this team for his special teams play.

I figured that was easy enough.

Besides, PlayAction is right. Without insight into how the redskins planned to deal with the mystery of the Eagles offense is knowledge we're not privy to, and given the number of snaps Doughty has played over the last few years, I doubt they're "afraid" of him being on the field.

Maybe they felt they had better speed with Biggers.

~Bang

If I were a coach I'd play the best four players on the backend...5 if nickel and 6 if dime.  If all six of the best DBs we have are corners, all 6 will play over the safeties.  Haslett thinks Biggers is a better fit for what he needed last night.  I can't say it's bad logic, but I can say he picked the wrong player. 

Biggers isn't a safety and it showed last night. 

There was a moment, I think maybe right after Gruden said something about not understanding why Biggers was in the game, where they showed Raheem talking to Shanahan and Shanahan just had this disgusted look on his face. Have no idea what was being said obviously but I assumed Raheem was trying to explain what he was doing.

Archived