Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Rgiii Needs To Get Back To 100% Can't Be Done On Practice Field. We Gotta Deal With It

NoCalMike

exactly. Those two picks weren't rust. They were just plain bad, especially the first one.

I'm not so sure he's going to to just "get it" Sunday either. I said before the year that it's up to Alfred Morris to steer the ship and my God did he do a **** job tonight

Alfred was terrible tonight.

Missed cutback lanes, dropped a pitch which impacted how we went about the last 10 minutes. Terrible game by Alf

I am not buying the rust factor only.

Robert made some dumb plays, not just his mechanics, but he wasn't doing the smart things he did last year.

He just played bad. Chalk it up to rust, the Iggles D, or whatever, that was a terrible performance

It's not just rust. Trust in himself. Knowledge of the game and his teammates. Trust in his knee.

You can't just expect him to "turn it on".

Hell, even that freak of nature AP didn't just turn it on.

He needs to learn to trust his body in an NFL game again.

It's evident to me now that RGIII is not ready.  However, I don't think it is a physical thing.

If you watch him later in the game, when his instincts kicked in and he had to buy time in the pocket, he moved around just like before and fired off throws.

I'd of strongly disagreed with you at half time.. To me he didn't just look rusty, he looked timid and as if he didn't have a healthy knee.. But glad Shanny stayed with him (I cussed him at the time) cause like you said, once his instincts kicked in he loosened up and didn't look half bad! And he's no worse for ware, so all's good!! Every game he should become more and more confident in the knee!! I think by week 3 or 4 we should have the O back to 100%... Hopefully we steal 1 or 2 before then and make another run!! #HTTR

I am not buying the rust factor only.

Robert made some dumb plays, not just his mechanics, but he wasn't doing the smart things he did last year.

He just played bad. Chalk it up to rust, the Iggles D, or whatever, that was a terrible performance 

"Not doing the smart things" is part of the rust he needs to scrap off.

He'll get back into the flow. He started doing it in the second half.

Griffin just basically played a whole preseason in one game.  QB's tend to play a couple series in the first preseason game.  They play about a quarter in the second one and a half in the third one.  They usually don't play at all in the 4th.

"Not doing the smart things" is part of the rust he needs to scrap off.

He'll get back into the flow. He started doing it in the second half.

+1 Some people just annoy me with ignorance. 

He didn't step into his throws on both INTs. You know who does that? People who have had knee surgery and haven't had a single game rep to test it out. Big surprise there. 

Hell Derrick Rose sat his scared butt out all season because of it. RG3 has 300+lb men trying to take him out...give him a break already. 

I said this in the game thread but I'll say it here too.

I'm not convinced he's not 100%. As someone who has had chronic ACL/meniscus injuries, you don't forget the pain of it. I retore mine throwing a football once. Guess what? I hesitate to throw a football now, and when I do, I think more about what my legs are doing that where my arms are throwing. I'm very cautious with everything I do with me legs, reminding myself of how it feels to tear that ACL.

It's the same general idea of the QBs like Gabbert that get hit enough times that they start fearing being hit. They start looking around for the blitz rather than their reads.

Is that incurable? Of course not. Robert needs to build his confidence in his knee. He may believe it in his mind, but maybe his body has some doubts.

This is all speculation, of course. Call me crazy, but he could just be rusty.

I said this in the game thread but I'll say it here too.

I'm not convinced he's not 100%. As someone who has had chronic ACL/meniscus injuries, you don't forget the pain of it. I retore mine throwing a football once. Guess what? I hesitate to throw a football now, and when I do, I think more about what my legs are doing that where my arms are throwing. I'm very cautious with everything I do with me legs, reminding myself of how it feels to tear that ACL.

It's the same general idea of the QBs like Gabbert that get hit enough times that they start fearing being hit. They start looking around for the blitz rather than their reads.

Is that incurable? Of course not. Robert needs to build his confidence in his knee. He may believe it in his mind, but maybe his body has some doubts.

This is all speculation, of course. Call me crazy, but he could just be rusty.

How dare you bring logic and reason into this thread! 

I gotta say it's bugging me right now that neither he nor Shanahan can admit that his throwing was off. Many direct questions about his throwiong off his back foot and not planting. They both deny it and immediatedly go into rants about penalties and team-wide mistakes.

We all saw the problem, guys. Lying about it doesn't make it go away.

Sorry, I can't give him a break. He wanted to come back for the first game, he put it as his passcode on his phone. This was always his goal. If he wanted to play then he needed to be the best guy to play. Otherwise, take another game or two to fully heal. Coming back from an ACL injury isn't just physical.

+1 Some people just annoy me with ignorance. 

He didn't step into his throws on both INTs. You know who does that? People who have had knee surgery and haven't had a single game rep to test it out. Big surprise there. 

Hell Derrick Rose sat his scared butt out all season because of it. RG3 has 300+lb men trying to take him out...give him a break already. 

He clearly got better as the game went on. Guys were open all game. He started to hit them in the second half. What this offense does still works. Does that mean we beat the Packers? Maybe not. But this division is winable. Philly looked good but Vick will be dead by week 8 with what they are doing. We all saw the mess last night.

This is dissapointing but not the end of the season.

RG3 will be fine.  We lost this game, and we'll lose more.  I still have faith we do 10-6 or better this year.  Hell, was it the 03 Patriots who were blown out 31-0 on their first game by the frickin Bills, and then lost to us 20-1?.  They recovered and went 14-2 with a Lombardi.

Are we the Patriots? No, but the ship can be righted.  And I think, based on the improvement in the course of the game, we shall. 

I gotta say it's bugging me right now that neither he nor Shanahan can admit that his throwing was off. Many direct questions about his throwiong off his back foot and not planting. They both deny it and immediatedly go into rants about penalties and team-wide mistakes.

We all saw the problem, guys. Lying about it doesn't make it go away.

The only hope is that our own eyes are deceiving us and it will go away next week. That's it. Shanahan isn't benching RG3 unless his knee gets separated from the rest of his body.

Prediction: RG3 will look great next week against a horrendous secondary. We'll all feel OK about that, even if we lose. But there are still many, many issues that this team needs to iron out. They were a hot mess for 2 1/2 quarters. Penalties, missed assignments, fumbles; you name it.

The only hope is that our own eyes are deceiving us and it will go away next week. That's it. Shanahan isn't benching RG3 unless his knee gets separated from the rest of his body.

Prediction: RG3 will look great next week against a horrendous secondary. We'll all feel OK about that, even if we lose. But there are still many, many issues that this team needs to iron out. They were a hot mess for 2 1/2 quarters. Penalties, missed assignments, fumbles; you name it.

Our eyes weren't deceiving us, it was definitely happening. We can all hope it gets better next week, and I suspect it will.

But it doesn't make me optimistic something's gonna get better when the parties involved refuse to admit the problem exists.

He clearly got better as the game went on. Guys were open all game. He started to hit them in the second half. What this offense does still works. Does that mean we beat the Packers? Maybe not. But this division is winable. Philly looked good but Vick will be dead by week 8 with what they are doing. We all saw the mess last night.

This is dissapointing but not the end of the season.

I don't get why we just can't give Philly credit without sneaking in a diss. They beat us for four quarters. 

I can't believe I've seen some people post that we should put in Cousins after the 1st half...really? Kirk Cousins over RG3, who has only just played his first half of football since coming back from a surgically repaired knee??  Are you people hyper-reactive or what? geeeez...step back from the ledge.

Anybody calling for this is a moron.  Tonight was about RG3's rust and an unknown offense.  Let's see where we are at the halfway point, and where the Eagles are.  Everybody expected to win tonight, it didn't happen.  We have to move on, and we will move on. 

If anybody wants out now....se ya!  I'm sick and tired of Redskins fans who think the season sinks or swims on every single game.  I still believe, and this team will get it done.  I absolutely refuse to overreact to this loss.  Completely and utterly refuse.  We have a short week, and I'm already looking to the Packers.   

I give Philly credit. They outplayed us, plain and simple. I think people are looking for a shred of evidence that O won't look like this for the rest of the season.

try the second half of this game.

Archived