Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

It feels so good to watch the Eagles Slap the crap out of the overrated Skids on National tv again. All summer we had to listen to you delusional fans act like you had a dynasty. Enjoy that one and done last year. Just think you have another 6 years for another one. HAIL. LOL...Kiss Chips arss. Is that McCoy I see running past that old fart Fletcher? LOL

Hi th....

No. Your weakass attempts don't even get that. You do however still manage to get a boot in the ass out the door.

I'm just going to throw this out there. I'm an adult and the the thought of joining another teams fan forum and trying, poorly I might add, to act as though you're a fan when in reality you actually like another team is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen....I mean how much of an loser do you have to be to take time out of your life to do something like that? Seriously are you so beaten down by the dredges of your life that the only enjoyment you get is literally wasting precious minutes of a gift you were given (life) to troll on a message board? Go outside, see the world, take in a movie, ride a roller coaster but for god sakes do not have any children.

I'm just going to throw this out there. I'm an adult and the the thought of joining another teams fan forum and trying, poorly I might add, to act as though you're a fan when in reality you actually like another team is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen....I mean how much of an loser do you have to be to take time out of your life to do something like that? Seriously are you so beaten down by the dredges of your life that the only enjoyment you get is literally wasting precious minutes of a gift you were given (life) to troll on a message board? Go outside, see the world, take in a movie, ride a roller coaster but for god sakes do not have any children.

Yeah, that is just some straight up weirdo ****.

SHF, when we were 3-6 at the bye and it seemed possible that Shanahan would be fired, I was very intrigued by Kelly coming to the Skins. It's a good point you make...it will be interesting to see how the players hold up over the "long" season.

I was against Kelly being hired by the Eagles, as I had/have major reservations about his offense being successful in the NFL.  He's got to show that he can learn, and make adjustments throughout the game, at the NFL level, and he definitely showed that he has a lot to learn during that game Monday.  However, I do like his approach to the Game, think he is quite smart and he seems to be willing to adjust to the NFL. 

Kelly doesn't have the athletes this year that he needs to make this offense work all season.  Maclin getting injured was huge, as he seems to be a perfect fit for Kelly's WR plans.  As much as he says Foles can run his offense, I almost have to think the threat of a QB running helps back off the pressure on the TEs/WRs running downfield, and if they don't have to worry about the QB running (see Eagles D vs. Griffin Monday), it's much easier to defend.  So, at a minimum, Kelly is missing another good WR, 1-2 competent RBs (Brown, as good as he is, fumbles too much), and a viable option @ QB.  McCoy can not run the ball 30+ times every game. 

It remains to be seen if pro athletes can play at that pace for the entire year.  Part of me thinks "no" because the OL will be lighter and not able to overpower DL's.  And injuries will definitely play a factor, but they do anyway (see King Dunlap).  On the other side, especially for non-NFCE teams, they won't be prepared for the pace of the game, and DL cannot maintain their strength/power at  a 4 plays/minute pace for long.  In theory the Eagles offensive players will be become more fit as the season progresses, and if they can keep a DL/LB on the field for a couple of long drives, there should be big holes being opened up.

One thought I had while watching Monday was, could we see a shift to this type of offense which requires smaller, more aerobically-fit athletes, and might result in a decrease in injuries?

No matter what, watching football is much more fun, IMO, at that pace.  The one play every 45 seconds sucks, especially with TV's propensity for commercials.

PF

You guys will be gassed by Week 12.

You can't run that high volume of plays week to week and expect to be fine in this league.  Your body will get to banged up.

Had the Redskins shown any life on offense you would've had to run a lot more.  And you're not gonna get the first half Redskins every week.

Pointy,

What I liked more about Kelly is his intelligence and willingness to use analytics/statistics to make decisions. He won't necessarily punt just to punt or kick a field goal on 4th and 2 just "to get points on the board". To me, he seems like the type of guy (I concede that he will need to prove it) that can be successful even if his Oregon offense cannot work. I believe he will figure out some way of incorporating his philosophy into a more traditional offense if it comes to that.

If they can keep up the pace and stay effective, that shift to smaller/lighter guys could happen. I feel like the 1980s/1990s made it seem like we were on the verge of 400-pound OL, but the zone-blocking scheme and other fast-paced philosophies have changed that. A hurry-up and spread could keep things moving in that direction.

I hope I'm wrong considering where he landed, but I would be pretty surprised if Chip Kelly "fails" in the NFL. He might have to adjust in some areas, but he will be a good coach for a long time.

Jerks.

I wonder if anyone remembers the Eagles superbowl run last year.  Starting the season 3-1 and looking like true "superbowl contenders".  I wonder how that worked out.  Living in PA, you thought the Eagles won the superbowl on Monday night.  It's funny hearing about the Chip Kelly offense.  It's basically Andy Reid's offense, + a single read option play, and added a hurry up.  Eagles will still win 6 games this year.  If we didn't have costly mistakes in the first half and RG3 wasn't shook, we would of **** on the Eagles.  However, we lost and the Eagles won.  Eagles/Fans should be excited I don't blame them.

The Eagles obviously have the personnel to run the offense. The spacing makes it easier for WRs to get open so 'lesser' WRs have an easier time and the Eagles have 2 good TEs and 2 good RBs. They rebuilt their OL.

The critical issue for the Iggles is whether or not Foles can execute the offense effectively because eventually Vick will get hurt.

Where I come from, there's no such thing as a coincidence this big. WB disappears until the eagles smack the Skins. Very likely. Nevertheless, good to see you again. Hope all is well. I'll be looking forward to your in depth commentary when the eagles are 2-8 and looking up from the cellar again this year. ;)

Is there any doubt why I hate the eagles and their fans so much.

I haven't heard from my POS brother in law in 3 years.  But, yeah, he wants to call and catch up Tuesday morning.  And he is FAMILY. 

I can't wait to send him a text with a picture of the final score in November after we blow them up.

I like Chip.  I just wish he was coach of the Bills or something. 

HTTR

It feels so good to watch the Eagles Slap the crap out of the overrated Skids on National tv again. All summer we had to listen to you delusional fans act like you had a dynasty. Enjoy that one and done last year. Just think you have another 6 years for another one. HAIL. LOL...Kiss Chips arss. Is that McCoy I see running past that old fart Fletcher? LOL

We all knew you were one of the "pretend" Redskins fans on here. You must live a pointless life disguising yourself as a fan of an opposing team and trolling that teams board.

And after almost a 2 year hiatus the Eagles troll is back...

The offense was impressive, for 1 half. Mccoy looked great, it will be something to see if he lasts a full season running the ball that much. Vick looked like his old self, a godlike athlete with a 10 cent brain, and a fragile body and psyhce. Vick will get injured,  he always does.

The second half they looked terrible and didn't understand the concept of blitzes. Also, the Eagles defense looked awful, just putrid, very similar to the Redskins and Cowboys defenses this weekend. 

The real question for the Eagles offense is without Vick and possibly Mccoy (when he is tired or hurt) what threat is this offense to anyone? Does the read option to Barkley or Foles with Bryce Brown scare anyone? Because if they plan to run 70+ plays a game and feature Vick and Mccoy that will have to happen on occasion. 

The real question for the Eagles offense is without Vick and possibly Mccoy (when he is tired or hurt) what threat is this offense to anyone? Does the read option to Barkley or Foles with Bryce Brown scare anyone? Because if they plan to run 70+ plays a game and feature Vick and Mccoy that will have to happen on occasion. 

Right.

They had better win that Super Bowl as quickly as they run their offense. Not that I think the offense will last a season; it didn't even last one game.

I'm still skeptical about the Eagles.  I still want to see how they do when an offense successfully controls the ball and keeps their offense off the field.  Our defense was on the field for too long at the start of the game.  The Eagles had virtually 3 straight series without the Redskins offense being on the field due to our fast turnover. 

Lot of valid points.  I don't necessarily buy into the offense yet, either.  And, the defense is not going to be able to cover for the O if it goes three straight 3 & outs with the players they have now.  Going to take a year or two, and Kelly will have to adapt, but it was a fun first game for Iggle fans, probably the reason some are acting like jerks.  Me....I'm a realist.  I don't expect them to win more than 6 games. 

Lot of valid points.  I don't necessarily buy into the offense yet, either.  And, the defense is not going to be able to cover for the O if it goes three straight 3 & outs with the players they have now.  Going to take a year or two, and Kelly will have to adapt, but it was a fun first game for Iggle fans, probably the reason some are acting like jerks.  Me....I'm a realist.  I don't expect them to win more than 6 games. 

If we went 8-8 it would be like making it to another NFC Championship at this point.  I'd be elated.  This team is not that good right now.  And it will show especially when the defense has to bail us out.  Just wait when that situation arises.

Listening to radio right now, Vick was hit 23 times on Monday.  Well before the game was half over he was getting up gingerly and by that hit he took after the long scramble late in the game he looked like he didn't even want to get back up.

It's not a good sign that your QB was looking/feeling like that in a game that his team was once up 33-7 in.

Listening to radio right now, Vick was hit 23 times on Monday.  Well before the game was half over he was getting up gingerly and by that hit he took after the long scramble late in the game he looked like he didn't even want to get back up.

It's not a good sign that your QB was looking/feeling like that in a game that his team was once up 33-7 in.

Vick is who he is at this point.  He had a great preseason and I have no qualms with him winning the starting job.  Kelly has a clean slate with me and I have no reason to not trust him but even he made the point that at 33 years old you're not going to change the way Vick plays the game.  He's aware of it.  I just hope he's prepared when he gets hurt.

I believe Kelly when he says all that, and I am sure Vick won the job due to being the better QB.  The question is to what extent does the offense change if Foles has to take over at say Week 10?

Will opposing defenses go for a lot of the option stuff with Foles under center?

When RGIII got hurt and Cousins had to play against Cleveland, the offense looked totally different.  Is there a Plan B for Foles?

Archived