Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

Philly played a fine game, did what they had to do to win. If you truly believe Philly took the pedal off the gas in the 2nd half, then thank you, because RGIII definitely needed the live football reps to knock some of the rust off.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the teams play again next time when Foles in there at QB.

I have a question.

How many games will Vick play this year? 9 runs and 3 sacks plus several hard hits after throws. He was getting up SLOW by the end of the game. All we heard all offseason was how RG3 couldn't run that much, he would never stay healthy. Why will Vick? Since getting out of jail he has not played more than 13 games in a season. He has only played 16 once.

McCoy also got dinged a couple of times. He hasn't played 16 games since his rookie year. In his highest carry season he averaged under 20 carries per game. How many 30+ carry games does he have in him? Tonight was only the 2nd of his career.

I guess that is 3 questions.

Good win. Don't get ahead of yourself. Your QB already looks like he could use a little Bengay. You should've killed us 50-7. The Skins gave them every opportunity to do so. How you let the Skins score like 20 unanswered points is beyond me. Good teams put their foot on the opponents throat. Also, enjoy turning the ball over a lot with your super high octane offense.

Btw, welcome back from Witness Protection... We missed you last year.  :)

As a Philly fan, I was as shocked as anyone last night with the game.  Thought the Eagles OL overpowered the front 7 for the Skins, but the biggest surprise was the defense played pretty well, especially the LBs.  Ton of mistakes by both teams, but shouldn't be surprising, as most teams struggle on offense early in the season.  Eagles ST were the best unit on the field all night, which is a nice change after the past 4-5 years. 

I liked Chip Kelly's press conference afterward.  He recognized that they did some good things, but I got the sense that he knows they have to put teams away better and there is a ton of work to do on both sides of the ball.  Not having Maclin really hurts the options for the offense, especially b/c I don't trust Vick to run that much, and stay healthy for more than 8-9 weeks.

But damn, it is FUN watching football where they snap the ball every 15-20 seconds.  I don't like scores of 50-48, but I do like many more plays.  Not sure if it can/will take hold in the NFL, but it is a lot more fun to watch than the normal glacial pace of play calling.

FWIW...skins O will be fine.  No one in their right mind could have expected Griffin to come out like he did last year.  ACL reconstruct is no joke and there is a reason they say it takes until at least 12-18 months to be fully back.  He looked good, but IMO only about 80% when moving, and definitely didn't have the explosiveness or passing mechanics.  It'll come, but take time.

I am still confident in saying that BS college stuff isn't going to work. A high school team could have put up that many points the way the Skins were turning the ball over. Its just new and believe me they will not be moving the ball like that all season. Kelly will get figured out and will be back to college coaching in 2 years.

I knew the ****roaches would come out if we lost....and westbrook never disappoints...I guess he's not on secret assignment this week...

Personally, not as impressed as most I guess. His own Offense got tired (see vicks comments about its going to be a long season) his Defense showed signs of fatigue after only 1 real quarter of being on the field...

it is what it is...as an NFC East fan you expect to split games against your division foes...

Lets see how this all works against a team that doesn't shoot itself in the head in the 1st qtr. Here is how the 1st qtr went.

PHI    3:06  10 plays Fumble

PHI    2:39  9 plays FG

WSH 0:08  1 play Fumble

PHI    0:08  1 play TD

WSH 1:39  3 plays INT

PHI    2:19  4 plays Punt

WSH 0:11  2 plays Safety

PHI    2:50  7 plays Punt

We end up running 

Lets see how this all works against a team that doesn't shoot itself in the head in the 1st qtr. Here is how the 1st qtr went.

We end up running 

Exactly. Just a fluke of a game. I expect the turnovers to be plenty and Vick and McCoy broken and battered by week 4. Chip Kelly might last 2 years.

If the defense is on the field that long, they are going to surrender points regardless if they are going up against Chipball, Walsh, Gibbs, Shula, etc etc etc.....that is just the way it goes.  Not to mention the Eagles starting position on most of those first half drives seemed to be either mid-field or on the 'Skins side of the field due to turnovers and their own idiot special teams plays.

The media wants to make this about Chip Kelly and that's fine, he deserves it, getting his first NFL win in his first try is an accomplishment, won't take anything away from it, but when you look at how bad the 'Skins offense performed, it's no surprise the defense was basically sucking wind by halftime.

PHI 3:06 10 plays Fumble

PHI 2:39 9 plays FG

WSH 0:08 1 play Fumble

PHI 0:08 1 play TD

WSH 1:39 3 plays INT

PHI 2:19 4 plays Punt

WSH 0:11 2 plays Safety

PHI 2:50 7 plays Punt

We end up running

Was it flukey that the Eagles ran up and down the field on the Skins defense and ran for 248 total yards despite being content to run into the middle of the line in the late 3rd and fourth quarter to burn clock?

How bad would it have been if the Skins didn't get gifted a TD on the worst call of week one?

RG3 just rusty because he completed a bunch of wide open dump offs against a defense content to give up everything short and in the center of the field?

Was that Connor Barwin who ran down RG3 from behind?

Kelly admitted he took his foot off the gas way too early, but make so mistake, the Eagles blew your doors off and Kelly's decision was the only reason the score tightened up at the end.

I wish I was wrong when I told folks CK was the real deal.

The Spurrier comparison was beyond lazy. Spurrier didn't want to adjust his system, didn't want to put in any work at all. He thought it was going to be so easy and when it wasn't he gave up.

CK is a workaholic. There will be kinks in his system -- we saw some last night in the second half. But he will adjust and it will be exciting in Philly for a long time.

I can't wait to bump this **** after Kelly decides the NFL is too hard and high-tails it back to college.

It's happened before, with great pleasure.

This thread reminds me of the random seahawks fans who decided to post here last year, after several years of being an irrelevant fan base.

A win for philly fans is like winning one of these

lombardi_trophy.jpg

The Philly offense ran roughshod on the 'Skins in the first half, for sure. But, then again, the Redskins defense isn't exactly top-flight. 

I'll reserve judgement on the Eagles until we get to the half-way point of the season. As far as I'm concerned, the first half of the NFL season is an extension of the preseason. 

Enjoy the W. We'll see you guys at the Linc in November. 

We end up running 

I disagree with Westy's trash talking, but I can't control him.  As an Iggles fan, I enjoy you all's MB because it's mostly civilized.  That being said, skins weren't the only team to make mistakes last night.  Eagles had penalties and turnovers where the skins actually got more points off of them than vice versa I believe. 

Was it flukey that the Eagles ran up and down the field on the Skins defense and ran for 248 total yards despite being content to run into the middle of the line in the late 3rd and fourth quarter to burn clock?

So they weren't running the ball into the middle of the line early on?

How bad would it have been if the Skins didn't get gifted a TD on the worst call of week one?

As opposed to the 23 points which the Skins gifted the Eagles? (though to be fair the Eagles spotted the Skins 14 points rather than 7)

RG3 just rusty because he completed a bunch of wide open dump offs against a defense content to give up everything short and in the center of the field?

If by "content to give up anything short" you mean "blitzed like crazy"........

Was that Connor Barwin who ran down RG3 from behind?

What is this supposed to prove? That RG3 is still sub-100%? Okay, congrats: you managed to beat the Skins while RG3 was still sub-100% and where Morris was fumbling and where Kai was missing FGs, all of which are uncharacteristic.

Kelly admitted he took his foot off the gas way too early, but make so [sic] mistake, the Eagles blew your doors off and Kelly's decision was the only reason the score tightened up at the end.

The Eagles' offense in the 1st half didn't do much after their 1st 2 possessions. It wasn't until after the Skins' O had stalled for a bunch of series and put the D right back on the field that Philly's O finally put together 2 TD drives late in the half. The Eagles only had 2 scoring drives which went longer than 45 yards, none of which went longer than 65 yards. By contrast, the skins had 3 drives of 65+ yards.

I think skins fans who are already saying "Chip will be out of the NFL in 2 years" are getting ahead of themselves; Chip may be able to adjust his scheme when the league adjusts to him. But the Skins DO deserve credit for the comeback: if that 2nd down pass to Hank doesn't get batted at the line, the Skins had a good shot at winning.

Man this forum was real quiet for 9 months

1 game and suddenly everyone is back! Welcome back guys.

To add

I am a huge Chip Kelly fan. I traveled to see Oregon-USC last year just to witness that O.

However the Redskins D played about what I expected, the Redskins O was garbage.

What Kelly needs to figure out is this:

1) Can you run 80-90 plays with a 53 man roster, compared to an 85 man roster

2) You are playing an NFL D every week. You won't get the blowouts like you did in the Pac-12 which allowed you to rest guys

3) What will happen once Vick and McCoy are on IR by week 8? Those guys were gassed in the 2nd half.

Happy trolling Westy. We missed you in 2012

As a matter of fact were last "football" related post until today was May 2012 :ols:

How the mods let this "marine" post here is beyond me. He's been a non contributing troll for a decade who hides like a roach when his team sucks (i.e 2011 and 2012 seasons) 

Archived