Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Thinker: Why Obama Is Floundering

nonniey

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/why_obama_is_floundering.html

" The sheer ineptitude of President Obama's handling of his Syria red line has made jaws drop all across the political spectrum. The man who garnered so much admiration for his oratorical brilliance, personal charm, and political genius has managed to make matters worse with every step he has taken. This dramatic and historic collapse demands explanation.

It must be acknowledged from the start that Obama might now be the victim of unrealistic expectations stoked by his

media allies, who once called him a "lightworker" and "almost a god." But then again, when you promise to stem the rise of the oceans, you are auto-inflating a myth that cannot be sustained. He is thus both the victim and perpetrator of unrealistic expectations.

But to be frank, unrealistic expectations have nothing to do with his Syrian predicament. His behavior has been well below minimal expectations of a president. With Russian warships assembling off Syria, his apparently off-the-cuff ultimatum is proving to be a historic blunder, not a matter of failing to be a superman.

Barack Obama now finds that the items in his toolbox that got him to the Oval Office no longer work. Take oratory, for example. Presidential speeches are, as Brit Hume observed on Fox News Sunday, a "depreciating asset" whose effectiveness diminishes with use. And in Obama's case, as Peggy Noonan pointed out, it is depreciating faster than most other presidents:........"

Click link for the rest of the Article

imho Obama's problem is that he ran as a liberal agent of change but his liberalism went poof once he got into the office. 

He went with the safe status quo - let the GOP get away with crazy rhetoric, let the GOP drive itself into the ditch created by their 51% strategy combined with demographic trends, advance Democratic control of the government.

Only if he had driven head first into Syria like our ex-President dove into Iraq with poor intelligence and no real strategy. How silly of him to request Congressional approval and take his time to mull out what exactly needs to be done in Syria. Or if entering into another war in which there are greater international consequences is really a good idea after we've spent the last 12 years fighting in two different countries.

Let's not even get into what a hack piece (typical of American Thinker) this was:

I doubt anybody ever laid a glove on him intellectually, forcing him to defend himself in an academic disagreement. To even the limited extent words ever have consequences in academia, Obama was able to check the résumé box of academic position at a prestigious university without ever actually defending a thesis, presenting or publishing an academic paper, or even engaging in faculty lounge discussions. He was a loner, outside the faculty social group at the University of Chicago.

:rolleyes:

The baldfaced (and often just stupid) lies partisans of any stripe so greedily swallow. 

Obama's a big failure. Period. He sucks. Really. Overall, Dems suck. Period.

"Liberals" and "Conservatives" (capital L & C) suck.

Overall, so do libertarians (really bad suckage). Period.

And the GOP, in large, simply ought to be euthanized. Period.

Bleak outlook.

I vote Thunderdome. I'd do fine in Barter Town.

:)

Yeah. Obama got himself into a little bit of a mess on Syria with his words. Nobody believes that even he wants to actually go to war. Still, if this Russian offer to broker transfer of those weapons is real, Obama will come out smelling like roses.

Add that to the idea that overall prices in the healthcare exchanges might be lower than originally anticipated and Obama (and his legacy) might just be in for a decent couple of months. Heck, if prices are relatively low despite the mandates, this bill suddenly becomes something even conservatives should aim to tweak as opposed to repeal/replace.

Next, "conservatives" will probably cave on immigration and Obama will be sitting back and laughing at the fools on the right who have carved his headstone.

Yeah. Obama got himself into a little bit of a mess on Syria with his words. Nobody believes that even he wants to actually go to war. Still, if this Russian offer to broker transfer of those weapons is real, Obama will come out smelling like roses.

No kidding.  The golden goose just laid an egg right in front of him.  He'll have to continue to talk tough until an agreement is reached, but I'm sure he's giddy over the opportunity to get out of this without a strike and without looking weak.  He was painted into corner and some how stumbled into a potential solution.

Russia is up to something. What is going on in Syria that they don't want the world to find? Then again, when I look into Putin's eyes. I find him to be very trustworthy.

Seriously, if France is serious about getting involved. Then God Bless. I'd even offer them resources that don't include a single Man or Woman.

Russia is up to something. What is going on in Syria that they don't want the world to find? Then again, when I look into Putin's eyes. I find him to be very trustworthy.

Seriously, if France is serious about getting involved. Then God Bless. I'd even offer them resources that don't include a single Man or Woman.

probably Saddam's stockpiles  ;)

probably Saddam's stockpiles  ;)

Y'know, the now deceased former head of Saddam's air force wrote a book and went on quite a few american news-talk shows claiming exactly that...  that when the iraqis were playing hide and seek with the UN inspectors, they were moving the stuff to Syria. 

it really would not surprise me.

~Bang

Y'know, the now deceased former head of Saddam's air force wrote a book and went on quite a few american news-talk shows claiming exactly that...  that when the iraqis were playing hide and seek with the UN inspectors, they were moving the stuff to Syria. 

it really would not surprise me.

~Bang

I would surprise the hell out of me, because there was no actual evidence of anything like that (and believe me, Cheney had the entire intelligence community focused on finding that evidence for about a year before they finally acknowldged that they had been hoodwinked by "Cueball" and their own slanted intelligence reports filtered through Doug Feith.)  

The dead guy peddled his story to the far right media and got paid, but there was nothing behind it.  The story makes zero sense (Syria and Iraq were not allies) and is supported by zero evidence.  There is a reason that only the far right morons like Louie Gohmert buy into it.  Here's a quick summary.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/07/syria-iraq-wmd-meme/

a generals testimony is not evidence? evil grin

In this case, "evil grin" means you're pulling my chain, which is fine.  :)  I know that you know enough about the Middle East to know that Syria and the Assads are affiliated with the Shiites in Iran - the mortal enemies of Saddam Hussein, and that there is absolutely no way that he would send them to Syria, and that there is absolutely no way that we wouldn't know about it if he did.  

You also know that chemical weapons are easy to make and Syria is fully capable of making them itself - and that we have known for years that Syria in fact HAS been making them itself.

You also know that the "they must have sent them to Syria" rumor popped up in the neo con blogsphere as soon as it became clear that Saddam didn't have any, because they couldn't believe that we had made such a huge mistake.  

You're just trolling, which is fine.  I'm just concerned that a level headed guy like Bang (or others) might be buying into the nonsense.

"Come back from the 80's now GP". Isn't that what Prez Obama said to Mr Romney during one of their debates? Recalled he said that after Mitt's statement of Russia being a threat to Our Great Nation.

Archived