Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Teammates Not Worried About Griffin Iii

I think Alfred and Santana has some truly meaningful things to say here. Alfred said ''If you look at it, a lot of us haven't been on the field, and then Santana said "He's healthier than he was those last couple of games he played late in the season [last year]. This perspective is great. ~ Hail To The Redskins~

I think Alfred and Santana has some truly meaningful things to say here. Alfred said ''If you look at it, a lot of us haven't been on the field, and then Santana said "He's healthier than he was those last couple of games he played late in the season [last year]. This perspective is great. ~ Hail To The Redskins~

The biggest thing to me is the sense of team these guys have. For at the core of this team they are all in it together. I was most struck when watching last years highlights when Moss grabbed RGIII after the dallast game and said he just wanted him to know how much he appreciated him. That's a quality veteran talking to a rookie! To me that speaks volumes about RGIII as a leader and Moss as a person. Both high caliber guys. The team seems filled with them, all due to shanny. 

Seriously, is it not Monday night yet!!!!  AARRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!   HTTR!

OK< lets get all the "low information" football fans up to speed with RG3, you know the type, the ones who say RG3 is going to get killed because he is a running QB. Point one, RG3 was not injuried at the end of the play off game on a running play, it was a bad snap on a bad field where he got his weight over top of a locked knee. If Andrew Luck had been at QB for us, the same thing would have happened. His rookie mistake was trying to pick the ball up instead of just falling on it. Point Two, just because we run the Read Option does not make RG3 just a running QB. Go back and watch how this kid developed over the season. Watch the touch he placed on some pass's and how he fired off others, how he was reading defense's at the end of the season vs. earlier. Watch how he moved in the pocket on play action or even drop back pass plays, how he changed plays at the line if required, his footwork, his play fakes and IMO he has the best QB draw move in the NFL right now. I am not concerned about RG3 getting hurt running the ball, my fear is that he will get rolled up by staying in the pocket facing down a pass rush waiting on a WR to clear, which can happen to any QB. ALSO IMO his arm is better than his legs and he is about to light up the NFL (all of this coming from a guy who hated the RG3 deal, until I saw his development, now the sky is the limit for this kid.) He could become beyond Special if he can remember that his team needs for for the next play more than they need him to try and find a way to fix a broken play.

Ken Linkins: Two thumbs up dude . Hellva post

dorrell77, IMO the biggest story of the 2012 season was NOT the RG3 deal or him getting hurt, it was NOT finding Morris or the Read Option system, was NOT the Cap Space fine or how the defense played in the 2nd half of the year, it was NOT winning 7 in a row or going to the Play-off. It was in fact the development of RG3 as a NFL QB. While some may disagree with me, IMO if RG3 and A. Luck went to the NFL combine right now, RG3 would be the 1st over all pick as the question of could RG3 be coached into the "so called" standard style NFL QB (who just happens to have "Off the Chart" combine stats) has be answered! Other than sliding, I can not thing of anything that RG3 didn't improve on and mastered many, and for some reason not many are talking about it.

dorrell77, IMO the biggest story of the 2012 season was NOT the RG3 deal or him getting hurt, it was NOT finding Morris or the Read Option system, was NOT the Cap Space fine or how the defense played in the 2nd half of the year, it was NOT winning 7 in a row or going to the Play-off. It was in fact the development of RG3 as a NFL QB. While some may disagree with me, IMO if RG3 and A. Luck went to the NFL combine right now, RG3 would be the 1st over all pick as the question of could RG3 be coached into the "so called" standard style NFL QB (who just happens to have "Off the Chart" combine stats) has be answered! Other than sliding, I can not thing of anything that RG3 didn't improve on and mastered many, and for some reason not many are talking about it.

Ken, I could not agree with you more (this coming from someone who also was not enamored with the trade). Unfortunately you are preaching to the choir here. The people you are talking about are not interested in data, actual play, or anything resembling the real truth. Talking to them is like talking to a wall.

The good news is when RGIII proves them all wrong and hoists the Lombardi trophy some time in the next few years, we will all have the last laugh!    HTTR!!  

I'm one of the more stubborn proponents of the zone read option. I constantly have to debate with fans close to me about RG3 and how we use him. What the real truth has revealed. thanks to better tracking of statistics. is that RG3 was better protected by the zone read with the pistol formation. However, the rule this year will be a challenged on last years approach to both help RG3 develop and keep him upright. Defenders have been given the pass on hitting QBs during hand offs. Defenders will test how far they can go in punishing QBs handing off on zone reads. I think Kyle and company will adjust the formation if need be to a more traditional shot gun formation or no longer allowing the outside rush unblocked. The point is that any change in ruling or what DCs find during the off season will only open up an opportunity to change the variation of how to execute this offense that is here to stay.

The gifts (for me) from last year: (1) Beating the Cowgirls on Thanksgiving IN Dallas. Revenge for 1974. So incredibly sweet; (2) Beating the Cowgirls, Week 17, for the NFC-East crown. Revenge for 1979. A sweep of the 'Girls to get into the playoffs; (3) Beating the defending SuperBowl champion G-men the second (and most important) time we faced them; (4) Beating the Ravens (the eventual new SuperBowl champions); (5) Winning the NFC-East.

I'm one of the more stubborn proponents of the zone read option. I constantly have to debate with fans close to me about RG3 and how we use him. What the real truth has revealed. thanks to better tracking of statistics. is that RG3 was better protected by the zone read with the pistol formation. However, the rule this year will be a challenged on last years approach to both help RG3 develop and keep him upright. Defenders have been given the pass on hitting QBs during hand offs. Defenders will test how far they can go in punishing QBs handing off on zone reads. I think Kyle and company will adjust the formation if need be to a more traditional shot gun formation or no longer allowing the outside rush unblocked. The point is that any change in ruling or what DCs find during the off season will only open up an opportunity to change the variation of how to execute this offense that is here to stay.

Hail jdhawk-

Dude that is a great post and I agree that dc's that think they are going to shut the read option down, but we don't run that every play. Beauty about our oc is his ability to CHANGE, we only have to think back on how the Shanahan's have pretty much revolutionized NFL offense strategies in one year and I believe they have just scratched the surface of how good our offense will be now that we got big time weapons.

When it's not game time, I'm usually a very grounded fan. So it's not homerism or a tendency to hyperbole when I say I think Robert is going to fry these birds, as in an "I'm back, ****" manner. That said, from what I see/hear this off-season and preseason, I sure can see Kyle dialing up all sorts of things that would help Robert help himself.

We'll take this one. Oh, in case some guys missed it, TK reminded that while it never got much discussion in media or elsewhere, Jeff Lurie was a major instigator with Mara on the "punish Washington and Dallas" scheme.

Here's one visual representation of what a sack of **** might look like, testifying somewhere someday.  :)

jeffrey_lurie_zpse806ade7.jpg

And here's to all the non-injury football misery those two franchises can have in one year.  B)

After over 50 years of being a Redskins fan, I find for the first time the Cowboys are not the main foil in my mind. I think Eli's a good egg and I don't begrudge him his deserved success, but I want to see the Giants suffer greatly. In the words of the great humanitarian and genius, Charles Barkley, "I am a turrible turrible human bean."  ;)  :lol:

Hail jdhawk-

Dude that is a great post and I agree that dc's that think they are going to shut the read option down, but we don't run that every play. Beauty about our oc is his ability to CHANGE, we only have to think back on how the Shanahan's have pretty much revolutionized NFL offense strategies in one year and I believe they have just scratched the surface of how good our offense will be now that we got big time weapons.

Guy, I think the new rule states "that a QB can be hit IF he is still carrying out a run fake". What is not clear to me is what the Ref's figure is the end of a "Run Fake". Does the QB just have to throw up his hands, stop running, pull up, or slide? How many steps will the Ref's "give" an OLB or DE if he is full tilt and about to hit? How will the QB be allowed to protect himself, by giving himself up? or will Defensive players be allow to tackle any QB in a play once he was started a play fake? IMO the REF's (and the NFL) are going to allow QB's to be hit only "while" performing a fake, once the fake is over or the QB "shows" he didn't have the ball Defense's will have the same rights to hit as QB's in the pocket (i.e. one step) to pull up. I think there will be many flags as defensive players get shown up by QB's with good ball fake skills and Stop the fake before the Defense can make a legal hit, (also watch for QB's who "Flop" drawing flags). It will be interesting to see how this develops, but you have to think that the NFL will protect QB's and this rule could cause more problems for a defense than if solves.

I saw an article quoting Mike S. stating the rules had not been changed in the last 10 to 12 years. Last year RGIII got hit pretty hard during the Cinn game. When Mike asked the officials they told him if RGIII puts his hands up after the handoff taking himself out of the play, the defenders can't hit him. He started that at Tampa and did not get hit after the handoff. 

On a side note, I thought it was interesting that when MS asked for a meeting with the refs no make sure he understand the rules (mainly to see if there had been changes), the media characterized him as trying to manipulate the system to give RGIII an advantage yet when Harbaugh does it, he is just doing what a good coach does! 

I hate to say it but the pressure is on us to win Monday. Starting 0-1 in the Div and having lost to philly of all teams, will put us in a big hole right off the bat. IMO is will come down to getting philly off the field on 3rd down. We will score pts, I think a lot of points. But that will give vick and company many chances. If we can get them off the field on 3rd downs, especially several 3 and outs, we should win this game with ease. If not, it will be a real shootout. 

We should win this game easily, but that's what worries me. I am still a bit gun shy from the last 20 yrs.  Let's hope we have turned that corner. 

Funny that picture of Lurie looks just like the presents my dog leaves in the yard every morning. I guess with clothes on he becomes a sack.

Don't you just want to smack the dog doody out of those fat cheeks?

man lurie looks like hes clueless in that picture .

is anyone game for a caption contest on that picture of him.

i'll start, duhaaa i thought this was dinner in my honor ,not being in front of your honor testifying as a defendant in a collusion trial!!!

i'll start, duhaaa i thought this was dinner in my honor ,not being in front of your honor testifying as a defendant in a collusion trial!!!

duhh...I think McNabb could still make this team, wish we never traded him. I'm calling Jerry Jones for advice....

Police Officer- Sir do you know how fast you were going?

Lurie- I don't give a damn how fast,I'm Jeff Lurie!!!!Do you know who I am? I'm the owner of the Eagles!!!

Police Officer-  I remember what you did, I'm a fan of the Redskins and you and Mara conspired against my team. License and registration please....Mr. Lurie step outside your car for a cavity search.

Lurie- geezzz....

It's great that Directv gives the Sunday Ticket for free on the first week. Been watching alot of very good teams that are playing at 1pm. Hope we do well Monday Night. HTTR!!!!

hail manchild, i,m sort stuck with radio on this game but how much is direct tv a month, the cable package which is piped in direct tv doesn't have espn included where i live.

another caption 

lurie "i would like to thank the academy for this award, opps!i'm not an actor, i own a football team don't i !!!

hail manchild, i,m sort stuck with radio on this game but how much is direct tv a month, the cable package which is piped in direct tv doesn't have espn included where i live.

another caption 

lurie "i would like to thank the academy for this award, opps!i'm not an actor, i own a football team don't i !!!

Hail Yeah- Not sure how much the Sunday Ticket is, I've had it a few years when they would offer it with a premium movie package. I watch it for free the first week and then it's gone. Really. I don't need the Ticket because I primarily watch Redskin games and they are the flavor of Hampton Roads in Va. and never blacked out. For me there is over-saturation of NFL and I like to save my viewing time for my Skins.

Giants gave the Cowturds every chance to win that game last night, around the 3rd qrt. I could watch no more.

Hail Yeah- Not sure how much the Sunday Ticket is, I've had it a few years when they would offer it with a premium movie package. I watch it for free the first week and then it's gone. Really. I don't need the Ticket because I primarily watch Redskin games and they are the flavor of Hampton Roads in Va. and never blacked out. For me there is over-saturation of NFL and I like to save my viewing time for my Skins.

Giants gave the Cowturds every chance to win that game last night, around the 3rd qrt. I could watch no more.

hail manchild ,

saw the high(low) lights of the cowturd /tinys game and neither team looked great ,Romo sits to pee got sandwiched that has got to make kerrigan and orakpo licking chops for their chance for a kerakpo sandwich.

eli looked like he was trying too hard playing like a rookie at times , 6 ints!!!

neither team was empressive they looked like bottom feeders playing for the booby prize 

both defenses seemed have more holes than swiss cheese  with 67 points between both but of course the cowturds and their fans think they just won the superbowl and the tinys  are just hosting the superbowl in their house with little chance of playing in it this year!!!LOL!!!

Archived