Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nfl.com: Riley Cooper, Cary Williams Scuffle At Eagles Practice - Egde For Skins?

J-tee_nfl

More than a month removed from the Riley Cooper mess in Philadelphia, the Eagles have made strides to move on from the wide receiver's racially insensitive comment said at a Kenny Chesney concert over the summer.

Cooper has kept quiet and produced on the field, but he was at the center of a scuffle during Thursday's practice, according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer. The receiver tangled with cornerback Cary Williams before several teammates, including quarterback Michael Vick, stepped in to separate the two.........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238592/article/riley-cooper-cary-williams-scuffle-at-eagles-practice

Does this distraction for the eagles actually help the Redskins in any way? Is anybody happy they are having focus issues? Or happy that Riley cooper did what he did?

I believe that any disconnect in a team could possibly negatively affect their play on the field. And it seems to me that not every eagles player is ready to totally forgive and forget just yet. But hey, I say let em fight and watch us walk away with the Win!

Update: An unknown Eagles player also said to a reporter that during the scuffle Cary Williams was saying, "I'm not that (N Word) you want to mess with" to Cooper.

My god the media reads to much into stuff.  Practice fights happen all the time and the only reason this one was even brought to peoples attention is the Riley Cooper factor.  Cooper said something incredibly stupid while drunk but that doesn't give Cary Williams, who has been in multiple fights during his time in the league, an excuse to use for his behavior.  But to answer your question, NO!

No. This **** happens every week all across the Country when you have 53 guys almost constantly living with each other for half a year. Even here. 

You just don't hear about it. so why the League site is making a big hoopla over this heck only knows? ..... Oh wait, it involved Cooper. 

Non-story. Move along. 

Hail. 

while we are on the subject of teams getting screwed...Broncos are going to crush the Ravens tonight. It's a REVENGE game in Denver, a game that would have been originally scheduled in Baltimore....sometimes the breaks just come your way and you go to the Superbowl....and the next year....sometimes the breaks go against you. It happens!

Archived