Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin: Why Your Team Sucks 2013: Washington Redskins

RichmondRedskin88

Alrighty then  :lol:  :lol:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-washington-redskins-1257835174

Some people are fans of the Washington Redskins. But many, many more people are NOT fans of the Washington Redskins. This 2013 Deadspin NFL team preview is for those in the latter group. Read all the 2013 NFL previews so far right here.

Can't lie, I was a little let down. I've enjoyed them all and was anticipating our turn. But I feel kinda disappointed. I was expecting shots as Snyder, the team name, and RGIII's knee, but when that was the entirety of it, I felt like when somebody tells a joke you already know the punchline to. It was still enjoyable, but I was hoping for more.

Ya know?

The one sour note was Dave McKenna in the fan comments.  When regular fans post it's funny (and there's some really funny stuff in those comments).  When ex-City Paper reporter Dave McKenna posts - about Redskins media coverage no less - it's just bitter whininess. 

And I say that as a fan of McKenna's non-Redskins writing.

I find it funny, but I'm a bit disappointed because some of their jokes seemed too outdated and predictable, for example Snyder.  IMO Snyder has been fantastic the last few years.  Some of their Snyder jokes seemed like recycled talking points from several years ago, which isn't very creative.  I knew they would take a shot at the name Redskins, but they tried too hard with it and it took up too much of the blog.   Then they joke about our depth, which is actually the best it's been in years.

I didn't care for the image they used in the headline banner but I thought the article was pretty on (even if predictable -- although I'm guessing they're all pretty predictable to the fanbases involved).

I never realized why people can't stand parts of our fanbase until I moved to Chicago, and then it all made sense.

The one sour note was Dave McKenna in the fan comments. When regular fans post it's funny (and there's some really funny stuff in those comments). When ex-City Paper reporter Dave McKenna posts - about Redskins media coverage no less - it's just bitter whininess.

And I say that as a fan of McKenna's non-Redskins writing.

Yeah that was a lowlight for me too. McKenna is a miserable human being, almost as bad as UnWise Mike.

Redskins fan worship RGIII the way a stalker worships a woman he's about
to stab to death. They love him so much that they get SO VERY ANGRY
when RGIII does something to disappoint them, like accepting gifts from
fans on his wedding registry. WE LOVE YOU RGIII BUT NOW YOU MUST DIE
FOR NOT BEING PERFECT. WE SHALL WEAR YOUR SKIN AT NIGHT. If I were
RGIII, I would be terrified.

I'll agree with that..

At the same time, why do people keep getting on Bruce Smith, we got 10 sacks out of him his first year with us at age 37 and ended with almost 30 sacks in 4 seasons. That's more than you can say about most Dlineman 10 years younger.

However how can you mention worst Redskins of all time without Andre Johnson??

the e-mail reply towards the bottom about the Redskins as the rich kid and RG3 the camaro had me laughing. But yeah, rest was predictable. I agree with the other poster it's like hearing a joke you already know. Others laugh but for you it's just not as good. That's why so many of the other teams are funny, and I imagine other fans reading ours are getting great laughs.

I never knew Snyder was that much of an a****** , he sent Ice Cream to Mike Nolans office because his defense was too vanilla? WOW, now I see why so many people hated him for so long. lol 

i never had a problem with that. probably cuz nolans defense did suck.

Archived