Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Directv Sunday Ticket Max And More For Free

mikeDinNYC

thanks to youngchew for posting the alert in the tailgate... and since time is running out, i thought it appropriate to post this in the stadium to save some our redskins brethren some money...and this is not chump change.

mods, feel free to merge.

i just got off the phone with directv to try to get free sunday ticket

given, i've been a customer since 1998, but i don't think it matters.

this is how it went down:

-i called 1-800-directv

-i asked for an operator

-i told the gentleman that i wanted to cancel my service because i had a better deal from verizon and i was pissed that i couldn't get sunday ticket for free after seeing all the commercials for free sunday ticket for new directv customers

-i was transferred to another agent (the customer retention dept., which they don't tell you)

-i repeated the exact complaint to a woman there... without hesitation, she offered me NFL Sunday Ticket MAX ($299) for free and gave me a $60 rebate for the first 6 months of the next year and a $30 rebate for the next 6 months.  I didn't even ask for that!  That's $839 i saved for myself in a 5 minute phone call!

i'm not saying this will happen to everyone the same way... it may be because i've been a customer for 15 years... but it's available and you should give it a shot!... she was running on and on that these offers are available for customers who call in... and i told her, it's not an offer unless you "offer" it.... what about an email?... she pretty much admitted that they will do whatever it takes to not lose a customer... so GO GET YOUR FREE SUNDAY TICKET AND SOME! HTTR!!!

you michael d!... hail!

and to be clear... she gave me CREDIT of $540 (60x6+ 30x6) in addition to the free sunday ticket max ($299) WITHOUT agreeing to a new contract... i asked her "do i have to agree to a new contract?" and she said no.... the credits would appear on my monthly billing statements.

i think a little flirting might have helped... she was ribbing me for being a skins fan and living in NYC... i told her i was born and bred in rockville, md and would never root for the dreaded giants or jets... and that's why i want sunday ticket because i live out of town!...lol

-i repeated the exact complaint to a woman there... without hesitation,

she offered me NFL Sunday Ticket MAX ($299) for free and gave me a $60

rebate for the first 6 months of the next year and a $30 rebate for the

next 6 months.  I didn't even ask for that!  That's $839 i saved for

myself in a 5 minute phone call!

DirecTV... hooking Mike D to my dismay... :P

Well done my friend.  I'll be joining this club next year (the out of marketers) when I move to NC for a few years.  I know we have to take every edge we can get and I appreciate you posting the playbook and your experience on here for the rest of us. 

HBO, Max, Show ect for free

Sunday Ticket for Free

Free Geenie

My wife got about the same deal.  We paid for the Geenie but got another HD DVR and we have 4 hosts for the Geenie for free.  All are hooked up to the Geenie and I can access all of the dvr's from any tv in my house (7 setups).  They are so bad ass.

thanks to youngchew for posting the alert in the tailgate... and since time is running out, i thought it appropriate to post this in the stadium to save some our redskins brethren some money...and this is not chump change.

mods, feel free to merge.

i just got off the phone with directv to try to get free sunday ticket

this is how it went down:

-i called 1-800-directv

-i asked for an operator

-i told the gentleman that i wanted to cancel my service because i had a better deal from verizon and i was pissed that i couldn't get sunday ticket for free after seeing all the commercials for free sunday ticket for new directv customers

-i was transferred to another agent (the customer retention dept., which they don't tell you)

-i repeated the exact complaint to a woman there... without hesitation, she offered me NFL Sunday Ticket MAX ($299) for free and gave me a $60 rebate for the first 6 months of the next year and a $30 rebate for the next 6 months.  I didn't even ask for that!  That's $839 i saved for myself in a 5 minute phone call!

i'm not saying this will happen to everyone the same way... it may be because i've been a customer for 15 years... but it's available and you should give it a shot!... she was running on and on that these offers are available for customers who call in... and i told her, it's not an offer unless you "offer" it.... what about an email?... she pretty much admitted that they will do whatever it takes to not lose a customer... so GO GET YOUR FREE SUNDAY TICKET AND SOME! HTTR!!!

I think you are confused on the rebates. I would venture to say that your $60 rebate is not $60 x 6 months but actually a $10 credit each billing cycle for 6 months totalling $60. And your $30 rebate for 6 months is actually a $5 credit each billing cycle for 6 months. There's no way in hell they are giving you credits for $60 x 6 months and $30 x 6 months. But still a good deal to get some credits and free NFL Sunday Ticket. Congrats.

I've been a customer since 1994. Back when you paid two payments every month: one to USSB and one to DirecTV. And you're right. It doesn't matter. They slobber all over new customers and treat us folk (I figure that with my bill, including NFL Sunday Ticket since 1995, I have spent around $30k-$35k) like crap! I used to be a big fan of DirecTV, and referred a LOT of friends and family to them, but when/If they lose NFL-ST, I am a goner! The only thing that might keep me around is if they go a la carte and I can only pay for the 5-10 channels that I watch! I'm getting pretty sick of paying ~$85/month (and that's after I pared down because it WAS ~$120/month) and there's still never anything on!

So, I SPECIFICALLY BOUGHT Madden 25 to get the access to the Sunday Ticket online.  I go to register the account and it has an error message. TECHNICALLY, this is "Free" for the year, but it really isn't since I paid more for the version that came with the code/pw for Sunday Ticket.  

And now it's down.  Good thing Skins are on Monday night...

UPDATE: NOW it's up. 

So, I SPECIFICALLY BOUGHT Madden 25 to get the access to the Sunday Ticket online.  I go to register the account and it has an error message. TECHNICALLY, this is "Free" for the year, but it really isn't since I paid more for the version that came with the code/pw for Sunday Ticket.  

And now it's down.  Good thing Skins are on Monday night...

UPDATE: NOW it's up. 

That happens EVERY year! And you know why? Because they allow EVERYBODY to access NFL-ST "free" on the first Sunday. Which gums it all up for those of us whom have actually PAID for the service. And you can call them and email them all you want today, but they won't fix it today. This is the kind of crap that after 20 years with DirecTV, I am ready to bail .. but I can't because they have exclusive rights to NFL-Sunday Ticket.

They throw EVERYTHING at new subs, including Sunday Ticket for free every year, but suckers like me that have paid them for 20 years get grief if we call and ask for the same thing that they are giving their precious new subs. So much for treating us LOYAL customers that built the company as if we are valued customers! And many of those idiots that get the free ST will leave them after two years.

I have been a customer for 14 years. Called yesterday, asked for retention department, got a very pleasant guy and told him reasonably, "I've been loyal for years and paid you thousands of dollars. Every year I cancel Sunday Ticket because you're trying to charge me $300. On Sunday I saw your ads giving it away to people who've never paid you a penny.  Does that seem right to you?"

He said, "I agree."  Minutes later I had my Sunday Ticket for free .... just like I have every year since they started giving it away to new customers.  I use the same line every year, with same outcome.

Does anyone know how to actually WATCH the games on your computer if you have the Sunday Ticket online through the Madden 25 promotion? I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure it out, the website navigation doesn't do any favors that's for sure

First, to anyone still looking for Sunday Ticket MAX through Madden, look on  eBay you can get it way cheaper.  I got my code for $70 instead of $100 on Madden.  You have to go to the special website on the placard and then just click Start Watching.

I think you are confused on the rebates. I would venture to say that your $60 rebate is not $60 x 6 months but actually a $10 credit each billing cycle for 6 months totalling $60. And your $30 rebate for 6 months is actually a $5 credit each billing cycle for 6 months. There's no way in hell they are giving you credits for $60 x 6 months and $30 x 6 months. But still a good deal to get some credits and free NFL Sunday Ticket. Congrats.

i asked her 3 times about this and she told me that i would get the $60 credit each month, for 6 months and $30 each month for 6 months... again, i didn't ask for it; she offered it... i just wanted free Sunday Ticket... so any credit is free money to me... immediatly after i got off the phone i checked my online DirecTV account info and it indeed had free Sunday Ticket Max and a $60 credit... my account actually has a credit of $56 right now towards next month... it will be interesting to see the next bill.

i do agree that a lot has to do with who you get on the phone... this woman was very flirty with me and i responded with an equal amount of flirtation... these people are stuck in cubicles on the phone all day... and they have power to give a lot... so any type of emotional conversation can help you get the best deal.

and what i found the most bizarre is that she didn't insist on a contract... i even asked her: "do i need to agree to a contract?"... she said no, i can cancel any time.

Archived